Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

8 minutes ago, Skuj said:

I like this.

I like it a lot. 

I genuinely appreciate it! I never quite know when my tangents are accurate or just rambling, but I’m glad it resonated with someone!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

love BB but would still really appreciate one single comprehensive interview about this album bc i still don't quite "get" the story of the album re including older songs.

i love the older songs, glad they're on the record, think it all makes sense sonically, but storytelling-wise i have a hard time following the "what it was like then/what it's like now" plot that she described on IG awhile ago (esp bc its not like the older songs come first and lead into the newer ones or vice versa). and just generally would be so interested to hear more about how she puts together her albums, chooses songs etc! her mind truly is eccentric af and i love hearing artists discuss their process– and the process for putting BB together must have been so interesting!

aOaIzH2.gif

24 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

love BB but would still really appreciate one single comprehensive interview about this album bc i still don't quite "get" the story of the album re including older songs.

i love the older songs, glad they're on the record, think it all makes sense sonically, but storytelling-wise i have a hard time following the "what it was like then/what it's like now" plot that she described on IG awhile ago (esp bc its not like the older songs come first and lead into the newer ones or vice versa). and just generally would be so interested to hear more about how she puts together her albums, chooses songs etc! her mind truly is eccentric af and i love hearing artists discuss their process– and the process for putting BB together must have been so interesting!

I think it’s important that the old songs come after Wildflower Wildfire. Unpacking her trauma, followed by a collection of songs written in a traumatic headspace. Finally, it’s resolved in the present, with Sweet Carolina, echoing Cherry Blossom’s tragic lost motherhood but with a renewed hope for the future. At least that’s how I see it.

29 minutes ago, synecdoche2 said:

I think it’s important that the old songs come after Wildflower Wildfire. Unpacking her trauma, followed by a collection of songs written in a traumatic headspace. Finally, it’s resolved in the present, with Sweet Carolina, echoing Cherry Blossom’s tragic lost motherhood but with a renewed hope for the future. At least that’s how I see it.

exactly, this. 

UV/Honeymoon

15 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

What is Lana saying late in VFR, that sounds like Merthys Alley? Thank you. 

Is it ‘murders in the alleys’?

She’s saying “and by the mayor, the rallies in the streets…”! This line seems to connect to part of a stanza in LA Who Am I to Love You:

”Hancock Park, it's treated me very badly, I'm resentful
The witch on the corner, the neighbor nobody wanted
The reason for Garcetti's extra security”

Eric Garcetti is the mayor of LA, and Lana has a house in Hancock Park, so it seems that she lives close to the mayor and is alluding to this in both the poem and VFR!

11 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

She’s saying “and by the mayor, the rallies in the streets…”! This line seems to connect to part of a stanza in LA Who Am I to Love You:

”Hancock Park, it's treated me very badly, I'm resentful
The witch on the corner, the neighbor nobody wanted
The reason for Garcetti's extra security”

Eric Garcetti is the mayor of LA, and Lana has a house in Hancock Park, so it seems that she lives close to the mayor and is alluding to this in both the poem and VFR!

Thank you! Even Lanapedia has it wrong. All the best. 

With the last Polaroids, she gave us hints what might happen next:

double single release

Spoiler

dnc3-sized.jpg

I repeat, two singles coming

Spoiler

dnc6-sized.jpg

really, I meant two

Spoiler

dnc4-sized.jpg

one is If You Lie Down With Me

Spoiler

dnc2-sized.jpg

the other is Black Bathing Suit (the black jacket is the hint)

Spoiler

dnc1-sized.jpg

both with videos shot by Mike Hermosa

Spoiler

dnc5-sized.jpg

it will be fun

Spoiler

dnc7-sized.jpgdnc9-sized.jpg

2 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

With the last Polaroids, she gave us hints what might happen next:

double single release

Reveal hidden contents

dnc3-sized.jpg

I repeat, two singles coming

Reveal hidden contents

dnc6-sized.jpg

really, I meant two

Reveal hidden contents

dnc4-sized.jpg

one is If You Lie Down With Me

Reveal hidden contents

dnc2-sized.jpg

the other is Black Bathing Suit (the black jacket is the hint)

Reveal hidden contents

dnc1-sized.jpg

both with videos shot by Mike Hermosa

Reveal hidden contents

dnc5-sized.jpg

it will be fun

Reveal hidden contents

dnc7-sized.jpgdnc9-sized.jpg

maybe... she's teasing a double album surprise release... :dua: ldr9 & covers album! :true: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

old man river keeps rolling with or without him :lange: summer comes, winter goes, spring i sleep, heaven knows :lange: i can't sleep at home tonight, send me a hilton hotel or a cross on the hill, i'm a lost little girl :lange: my time has run over so the only time you'll ever see me is in your dreams in my black bathing suit :lange: dance me all around the moon like six times till i'm sick and i cry :lange: what if someone had asked picasso not to be sad? :true: like the paramount sign sparkling, sparkling just for me :lange: i check it, i wreck it, i turn it around :lange: if you're on fire, you're on fire, you should just keep burning :lange: i promise you, like, a million tomorrows :lange: i call you up twice, hang up the phone, call again, i wanna talk :lange: i never meant to be bad or unwell :lange: you're very brave and there's much to see :lange: we love every hair on your head, love you like god loves you :lange:

mUENGN9.png

10 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Is Dealer picking up on streams again? I thought the hype died down but I didn't expect it to be at 23M on spotify already :creepna:

I'm always on Lana's profile for obvious reasons and last time I paid attention I swear it had like 19M :wtf3:

It’s been pretty consistent! On the 7th, it had 20.9M so it gained a little over 2M streams over the past week x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

33 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Is Dealer picking up on streams again? I thought the hype died down but I didn't expect it to be at 23M on spotify already :creepna:

I'm always on Lana's profile for obvious reasons and last time I paid attention I swear it had like 19M :wtf3:

I still see so many TikTok videos using Dealer go viral! It’s definitely still getting a lot of exposure, I think!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I thought this was funny. :xgiggle:

"Thanks to the swift and harsh feedback of social media, many artists are given a chance to correct their terrible album covers before they even get released. In 2021, Lana Del Rey pivoted after fans roasted her ghastly first draft of Blue Banisters"

https://exclaim.ca/music/article/worst_album_covers_of_2021

Ok hands down Blue Banisters has become my favourite album of hers :wowcry: I didn't expect it to happen when I listened to it for the first time but the album truly was a grower & clicked with me on my second & third listen and got better with each listen since then:trisha:

Every song is so good & stunning,  no skips,  I love the production on this album a lot. Text Book is definetly the best produced on this album , the production is phenomal & the outro is stunning & so beautiful :angie: but I also I love the raw sound of Black Bathing Suit for example 

Some of my favourite unreleased made its way on the album & I'm so happy & thankful for that especially for Nectar :crying4:

I don't know how to explain but this album feels like homecoming to me. Some things plus the unreleased songs remind me of old Lana but we also have new stories & things about Lana that remind me of Lana post LFL:true::trisha:  

Spoiler

Honeymoon is sitting next to BB in terms of my favourites albums.  I was born to be a Honeymoon stan:true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

33 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

Ok hands down Blue Banisters has become my favourite album of hers :wowcry: I didn't expect it to happen when I listened to it for the first time but the album truly was a grower & clicked with me on my second & third listen and got better with each listen since then:trisha:

Every song is so good & stunning,  no skips,  I love the production on this album a lot. Text Book is definetly the best produced on this album , the production is phenomal & the outro is stunning & so beautiful :angie: but I also I love the raw sound of Black Bathing Suit for example 

Some of my favourite unreleased made its way on the album & I'm so happy & thankful for that especially for Nectar :crying4:

I don't know how to explain but this album feels like homecoming to me. Some things plus the unreleased songs remind me of old Lana but we also have new stories & things about Lana that remind me of Lana post LFL:true::trisha:  

Hide contents

Honeymoon is sitting next to BB in terms of my favourites albums.  I was born to be a Honeymoon stan:true:

All other albums this year, watching me choose BB as AOTY

melt-down-mad.gif