Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

3 hours ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

Ok hands down Blue Banisters has become my favourite album of hers :wowcry: I didn't expect it to happen when I listened to it for the first time but the album truly was a grower & clicked with me on my second & third listen and got better with each listen since then:trisha:

Every song is so good & stunning,  no skips,  I love the production on this album a lot. Text Book is definetly the best produced on this album , the production is phenomal & the outro is stunning & so beautiful :angie: but I also I love the raw sound of Black Bathing Suit for example 

Some of my favourite unreleased made its way on the album & I'm so happy & thankful for that especially for Nectar :crying4:

I don't know how to explain but this album feels like homecoming to me. Some things plus the unreleased songs remind me of old Lana but we also have new stories & things about Lana that remind me of Lana post LFL:true::trisha:  

Hide contents

Honeymoon is sitting next to BB in terms of my favourites albums.  I was born to be a Honeymoon stan:true:

I think it is now my favorite too. It's the most satisfying, in terms of tone and emotional range. I'm glad she sounds happy, fulfilled, and at peace on some of the songs, or at least is moving in that direction as an individual and as an artist. It's like she's confronting her demons directly, as on WFWF, and it's paying off in dividends for her--it's freeing her.

On both BB and COCC, she's no longer suffering primarily from unrequited or disappointed love, and she's got other things and themes on her mind as well, as on 'DTWD' and 'NAWWAL' on COCC. On 'Sweet Carolina,' she's able to give love and comfort to her sister freely and confidently. 'IYLDWM' and 'VFR' both show Lana in control of her emotions and the relationship, and even 'TJF' was far from desperate in the way, say, '13 Beaches' or 'TBD' were. 

She's showing us and the world that she can write and sing about more than suffering and the misery and illusions that often accompany love, and she's still making it interesting and beautiful, as on the COCC title track. Bravo, Lana. 

Black Bathing Suit just gets better and better on every listen. Every time I listen to that song it's like it's the first time. For me, most of the songs on this album have been sounding so fresh lately. The only ones that haven't done that for me are Living Legend, Nectar and Cherry Blossom, but I think that's just because they're so familiar to me since they leaked so long ago. 

imageproxy.jpg

This is probably my first time listening back since the release and the first thing that comes to mind is that Wild One would've been a perfect fit on the album. It's one of the songs that I feel like the tracklist needed at some point :oprah3:

Either way this album is growing on me quite a bit; I thought it was one of her most weakest efforts at first.

27 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

dealer is not that great, miles ruines it

For me, 'Dealer' is just a trifle, almost a novelty track. It doesn't bother me. It would be interesting to hear Lana doing both parts.

To me, it's unfortunate that the wider public always seems to get to know primarily what are essentially Lana's B-side tracks, like the 'Summertime Sadness' remix, 'Doin Time,' and now 'Dealer.' The broad public has never heard the essences of her work, all her best material. 

Obsessed with the last six songs on the album. Especially Nectar of the Gods, Sweet Carolina, and Thunder

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, lustforlife said:

poor lyric poor producion poor execucion poor everything :blush3:

To me, 'Beautiful' seems like one of those last-minute, somewhat rushed and underboiled tracks that Lana always seems to have a lot of faith in, like 'Coachella,' 'Change,' and 'Looking For America.' It's just okay to me. 

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

To me, 'Beautiful' seems like one of those last-minute, somewhat rushed and underboiled tracks that Lana always seems to have a lot of faith in, like 'Coachella,' 'Change,' and 'Looking For America.' It's just okay to me. 

Looking for America is beautiful…………….

Agreed on the others but change is also beautiful tho… but ironically Beautiful is not…

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Its seems like a big ideia that she didnt know how to finish to me.. I mean Picasso is fine but the rest is pure repetitive bullshit that a basic songwritter could wrote

Lust For Dead   large.gif

8 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

the picasso line in beautiful is one of her worst lyrics

i truly can't tell if she did this on purpose lmao like when she does the glad-sad-bad rhyme and says she really hates that, is she being self-referential? i just don't understand this song at all and wanna think the best by thinking she wrote it badly on purpose, though it's unlikely bc of its tone, it comes across extremely earnest... i just HOPE she is laughing and cringing at the picasso line along with us

mUENGN9.png