Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

I actually love Beautiful. I'm obsessed with the piano in it :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I love love love beautiful for what it means to her (and her voice and the twinkly piano are obviously beautiful too) but I agree it could have been fluffed up a little more before going on the album cuz rn it kinda sounds like it’s from a musical which is not really my vibe

BUT hear me out: I think we’d enjoy it more if we didn’t get it on the album but perhaps Lana surprise dropped it w/ a simple heartfelt homemade video a la HIADT on the uhauljoe channel or one of her inactive twitters (and it doesn’t go on streaming bc it’s not officially “released”, just something she wanted to share).. it could have clips of her painting, typing on her little typewriter, writing in a diary, scrolling thru her social media mentions and sipping coffee, working in the studio etc, just to really highlight her POV.. tbh now that I think about it it kinda feels like a distant relative of Hope, maybe she could even splice some quick clips from that video in there too like her manically running around the house.. lol now I want this video why did I do this to myself

UbsOye5.png

43 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

I actually love Beautiful. I'm obsessed with the piano in it :trisha:

I love that song too I think it’s so sweet and pure and honest and stream of consciousness writing style and I love it!

2 hours ago, Sugar Venom said:

I love love love beautiful for what it means to her (and her voice and the twinkly piano are obviously beautiful too) but I agree it could have been fluffed up a little more before going on the album cuz rn it kinda sounds like it’s from a musical which is not really my vibe

BUT hear me out: I think we’d enjoy it more if we didn’t get it on the album but perhaps Lana surprise dropped it w/ a simple heartfelt homemade video a la HIADT on the uhauljoe channel or one of her inactive twitters (and it doesn’t go on streaming bc it’s not officially “released”, just something she wanted to share).. it could have clips of her painting, typing on her little typewriter, writing in a diary, scrolling thru her social media mentions and sipping coffee, working in the studio etc, just to really highlight her POV.. tbh now that I think about it it kinda feels like a distant relative of Hope, maybe she could even splice some quick clips from that video in there too like her manically running around the house.. lol now I want this video why did I do this to myself

honestly nothing could save this song for me- in and of itself it’s not the worst thing ever but imo is SO bland melody-wise (I could imagine almost anyone singing it, a rarity in Lana’s discography where most songs sound like something only Lana could’ve dreamed up).

aOaIzH2.gif

Beautiful is saved by the twinkling piano alone. I’m lowkey glad the string version isn’t official, it really messed with the piano. 

that said, it still is a bottom 5 song on the album for me 

"Don’t forget me"

23 hours ago, lustforlife said:

Its seems like a big ideia that she didnt know how to finish to me.. I mean Picasso is fine but the rest is pure repetitive bullshit that a basic songwritter could wrote

She started the song with Let's keep it simple, babe, don't make it complicated  - think about it. Nothing is more difficult than writing a simple song like this, which also manages to touch so emotionally (at least for some of us).

Beautiful contains the most satisfying verse to sing along to on the album:

"Let me show you how sadness can turn into happiness I can turn blue into something"

The way that line descends and just LANDS. The first time I got it right I was stoked! Also it's the mission statement of the whole album hello. :oprah3:

21 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

honestly nothing could save this song for me- in and of itself it’s not the worst thing ever but imo is SO bland melody-wise (I could imagine almost anyone singing it, a rarity in Lana’s discography where most songs sound like something only Lana could’ve dreamed up).

the only thing i like except for the twinkling piano ofc is THAT line that she sais "don't turn me into something i'm not, there's no way to sustain it". feels like a satisfying slap in the face

Sweet Carolina, Thunder, Violets for Roses, and Beautiful have emerged as my current favorites, especially the former 2. I think Sweet Carolina will become one of those classic Lana songs tribute artists will cover within the next 30-40 years. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

On 12/16/2021 at 12:39 AM, West Coast said:

I thought this was funny. :xgiggle:

"Thanks to the swift and harsh feedback of social media, many artists are given a chance to correct their terrible album covers before they even get released. In 2021, Lana Del Rey pivoted after fans roasted her ghastly first draft of Blue Banisters"

https://exclaim.ca/music/article/worst_album_covers_of_2021

In hindsight I don’t think that was ever actually the album cover tbh

whatarecoloris.jpg

Proposed release schedule for 2022:

March: Violets For Roses (springtime)

May: Beautiful (it's warm and beautiful outside)

August: Thunder (time of summer storms)

November: first single of LDR9

LDR9 release then early 2023

22 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Proposed release schedule for 2022:

March: Violets For Roses (springtime)

May: Beautiful (it's warm and beautiful outside)

August: Thunder (time of summer storms)

November: first single of LDR9

LDR9 release then early 2023

LOL I love your optimism 

Spoiler

But it's gonna go 

January-June 2022: Radio silence. Blue Banisters does not exist 

June 2022: LDR9 Announcement 

October 2022: "Stop asking me about LDR9 you rats, IDK when it will be ready"

March 2023: First single of LDR9 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift