Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

I don't dislike 'Beautiful.' I don't mind the Picasso line--it's certainly better than an obvious and overused classic rock reference or a name drop of a semi-famous friend. I play the full song whenever it comes on shuffle. I like both versions. I like it more than the title track, which I still can't embrace and don't play when it comes up on shuffle. For me, other than TB and WFWF, the songs that really stand out are IFLDWM, VFR, and BBS. 

I consider BB a great record, certainly one of her best in my ranking. 

The only videos I want for this era still are a video for If You Lie Down With Me and Black Bathing Suit. I think that both could turn out really cool, especially if a BBS video was done with BRTHR like Chemtrails was (aka my personal favorite Lana video) 

imageproxy.jpg

20 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Proposed release schedule for 2022:

March: Violets For Roses (springtime)

May: Beautiful (it's warm and beautiful outside)

August: Thunder (time of summer storms)

November: first single of LDR9

LDR9 release then early 2023

Nothing is ever set in stone with her, but I do believe we’ll get at least one album from her in 2022. Maybe not LDR9, but the cover album. Let’s not forget how prolific she is when there is no touring to stop her from recording. 

Hate it or not. This selphie will alway be remembered as a milestone of her career that traumatized y'all for months for the sake of her PicsArt era.

Iconic af

sCdk1zQ.jpg

Just made a vinyl edition as well (translucent, ofc) 

entL1dK.png

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

if you lie down with me is smooth to the point that it's enveloping, listening to it feels like sitting on a cotton cloud or being held by a cotton creature :true:

why does black bathing suit (which i also love) have chaotic catch and release energy :true:

14 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Hate it or not. This selphie will alway be remembered as a milestone of her career that traumatized y'all for months for the sake of her PicsArt era.

Iconic af

sCdk1zQ.jpg

Just made a vinyl edition as well (translucent, ofc) 

entL1dK.png

the way this is really cute wait… the selfie had potential if it wasn’t edited to be 20 pixels and she wasn’t covered in self edited on warts with the gross text 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

I actually wouldn't have minded the selfie covers if she didn't edit them the way she did. Doin' Time is one of my favorite single covers of Lana's ever and that's a selfie 

imageproxy.jpg

11 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Can y'all stop glorifying the selfie? We're lucky we broke that doom loop with the flawless Blue Banisters cover, if we get another phone-cam artwork for the next album I know whom to blame!

Nah I did not glorify it. The selphie was traumatizing but it is no doubt iconic as well. 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 months later I can confirm that this is a 6.5/10 - 7/10. Chemtrails outsold with consistency and lyrics but BB does have some interesting ventures sonically that I'd like her to explore more.

I want her Joni Mitchell era to finally arrive, and Chemtrails was the closest to that. But I also want something lush and melodic like NFR and UV ugh I can't wait for the next album.

I skip dealer every time :(

i think miles Kane makes it sound like a bad crossover with the arctic monkeys and I just don’t think it fits well with the rest of the album at all!

5 hours ago, Fanny said:

I skip dealer every time :(

i think miles Kane makes it sound like a bad crossover with the arctic monkeys and I just don’t think it fits well with the rest of the album at all!

I consider it something of a novelty track, but at least it seems humorous, as DC Cooper pointed out here, and I miss Lana's early humor and light touch. I skip it a lot too.