Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

3 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Clearly. Although it doesn’t have the « outstanding masterpieces tracks » that Chemtrails has, it’s one of her most interesting albums in terms of diversity / cohesiveness. The songs flow so well together. With Chemtrails, you can pick up a few songs on their own; with Blue Banisters, it’s hard to not listen to it in full. 2021 was a shitty year, but to have been blessed with these two sister albums by Lana in the same year, it sure helped make it through. 

Oh I totally agree :oprah3: When I say it's laced with crack I mean it's truly addictive to me, I keep coming back to it and I often end up listening to a good handful of tracks in a row. It took me a while to get into Chemtrails, but BB got me hooked pretty fast and I love the variety we got. I also think it's more interesting production-wise, even what I consider to be the weakest songs off the album are still solid! It's probably the synths or some other element in the production that makes them feel rich and a little more "eventful". Big love to Chemtrails though, it might not be in my top 5 Lana albums, but it's just another chapter Lana wanted to explore and we still got masterpieces like WD so I'm glad we have it :agree: And yes, I'm always down for new Lana, especially in times like these

3 hours ago, Leader of The Pack said:

More like xanax

It contains multitudes :true:

21 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

White Dress, the title track, Tulsa Jesus Freak, Yosemite and Dark But Just a Game are all outstanding. For Free is beautiful… but really hard to relate to if you’re not a singer 😂 Same for Dance Till We Die. The other tracks are very good, but could have benefited from a bolder production IMO. 

Thank you. I do like 'Wild At Heart' a great deal because it's a pure pop song, and she's goes the extra mile with the additional refrain at the end, which really makes the song for me. 

I've always seen 'For Free' as a broad metaphor as well as perhaps Joni's personal experience. It's about humility and being humbled, which I think is applicable to all people and all walks of life. It has a sad and universal quality. Lana's cover doesn't really bring out the pathos in the lyrics the way the original does. 

The same for 'Dance Till We Die.' Dancing is a metaphor; she's saying, "we're not going to give up on anything until our last breath." That she mentions Joni, Joan Baez, Stevie Nicks, and Cortney Love isn't really significant. 

18 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Nectar of the Gods is the best song on the album. Come for my neck, I’m ready for it :true:

I love NOTG too; the problem with NOTG, LL, CB and 'Thunder' is that I've had copies ever since they leaked, and have heard each hundreds of times, and so it's hard to really get excited about them and be objective about them in the same way as the other tracks.

'Thunder' of course has been rerecorded, and as I like the original version a lot better, that also puts it to some degree in the dog house. 

19 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Nectar of the Gods is the best song on the album. Come for my neck, I’m ready for it :true:

It isn't the best imo, but the line "califon-i-a homeland of the gods, once I found my way but now I'm lost" gives me the shivers everytime I'm listening to it, so I understand that it can be someone's favourite :gasp:

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

51 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Thunder' of course has been rerecorded

I don't think so. I think that they've just changed the instrumental (correct me if it's proved that it has been rerecorded)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

42 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I love NOTG too; the problem with NOTG, LL, CB and 'Thunder' is that I've had copies ever since they leaked, and have heard each hundreds of times, and so it's hard to really get excited about them and be objective about them in the same way as the other tracks.

'Thunder' of course has been rerecorded, and as I like the original version a lot better, that also puts it to some degree in the dog house. 

This is the advantage of being a flop fan. I used to have one of those masterzips from tumblr from like 2012 downloaded with all of Lana’s unreleased songs, but I haven’t followed any of her newly leaked songs since then, so all of the songs on her albums since then have been new to me. :w8ing:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

1 hour ago, ImenaOphelia said:

I don't think so. I think that they've just changed the instrumental (correct me if it's proved that it has been rerecorded)

I have no proof, but the vocal is different, slower, more wounded than declarative, more hesitant. Anyone else? 

On 12/31/2021 at 7:33 AM, Vertimus said:

I've always seen 'For Free' as a broad metaphor as well as perhaps Joni's personal experience. It's about humility and being humbled, which I think is applicable to all people and all walks of life. It has a sad and universal quality. Lana's cover doesn't really bring out the pathos in the lyrics the way the original does. 

I should probably put this in the COTCC thread, and I'm sure it has been mentioned there, but I'm amazed at Lana's Joni impression in For Free. In parts of the song, her vocalizing is a dead ringer for Joni, to my ears. Joni inhabits Lana on this cover. I think it's brilliant how Lana did this. 

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside. 

12 hours ago, Skuj said:

I should probably put this in the COTCC thread, and I'm sure it has been mentioned there, but I'm amazed at Lana's Joni impression in For Free. In parts of the song, her vocalizing is a dead ringer for Joni, to my ears. Joni inhabits Lana on this cover. I think it's brilliant how Lana did this. 

For me, the one who sounds most like Joni is Zella Day. I would have preferred Lana singing it alone, and without the little happy fillip Lana added, which isn't in the original. 

16 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

I strongly feel that we will get IYLDWM, Violets For Roses or Beautiful as a single release on Valentine's Day. :wink:

IYLDWM has lyric in the booklet so releasing it as a single is confirmed :wink:

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

2 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

maybe she'll release the video in 2025 on some weird youtube channel :brows:)

and we'll be watching 🤞

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

To me, this album is really about how far Lana has come emotionally. "Nectar of the Gods" I believe is the oldest song on the album, and really represents what a disturbed writer she was in the few years before her fame.

Heroin gold in my veins and you in my thoughts
I'm on the freeway racing at a million and I just can’t stop

I get wild on you, baby
I get wild and fuckin' crazy like you never knew

That's the emotional state of somebody severely disturbed, writing in that eerily powerful, disturbingly catchy style familiar to fans of Born to Die. Remember, Lana said "I guess you could say this album is about what it was like, what happened, and what it’s like now". If we imagine that we've never heard the unreleased songs, she is literally taking us on a journey through her past into the present. Now she writes:

The power of us three can bring absolutely anything
Except that one thing, the diamonds, the rust, and the rain
The thing that washes away the pain

and

So don't write me a letter
I'll always be right here
Closer to you than your next breath, my dear

A completely new headspace, one enormously evolved and equally artistic. Undeniably the voice behind "Push Me Down" and "Yayo" is more compelling in its darkness, but clearly Lana is better off these days. In the glory of the album, "Wildflower Wildfire", she acknowledges the power of her fiery past, lurking just beneath the surface:

I promise that nothing will burn you
Nothing will burn, burn, burn, burn
Like the others baby

She has to learn not turn into a wildfire. It's amazing just how artistically Lana always professes herself and nobody else. She is fire and air, and takes up all space available. I look forward to further outbursts in the future, which seem to be imminent. But this was yet another major album by our greatest living music artist.

11 hours ago, synecdoche2 said:

To me, this album is really about how far Lana has come emotionally. "Nectar of the Gods" I believe is the oldest song on the album, and really represents what a disturbed writer she was in the few years before her fame.

Heroin gold in my veins and you in my thoughts
I'm on the freeway racing at a million and I just can’t stop

I get wild on you, baby
I get wild and fuckin' crazy like you never knew

That's the emotional state of somebody severely disturbed, writing in that eerily powerful, disturbingly catchy style familiar to fans of Born to Die. Remember, Lana said "I guess you could say this album is about what it was like, what happened, and what it’s like now". If we imagine that we've never heard the unreleased songs, she is literally taking us on a journey through her past into the present. Now she writes:

The power of us three can bring absolutely anything
Except that one thing, the diamonds, the rust, and the rain
The thing that washes away the pain

and

So don't write me a letter
I'll always be right here
Closer to you than your next breath, my dear

A completely new headspace, one enormously evolved and equally artistic. Undeniably the voice behind "Push Me Down" and "Yayo" is more compelling in its darkness, but clearly Lana is better off these days. In the glory of the album, "Wildflower Wildfire", she acknowledges the power of her fiery past, lurking just beneath the surface:

I promise that nothing will burn you
Nothing will burn, burn, burn, burn
Like the others baby

She has to learn not turn into a wildfire. It's amazing just how artistically Lana always professes herself and nobody else. She is fire and air, and takes up all space available. I look forward to further outbursts in the future, which seem to be imminent. But this was yet another major album by our greatest living music artist.

I agree completely. On all the new songs, she's essentially writing from a position of strength, especially VFR, BBS, SC, and IYLDWM. Arcadia too. 

8 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I agree completely. On all the new songs, she's essentially writing from a position of strength, especially VFR, BBS, SC, and IYLDWM. Arcadia too. 

yup! You can hear it especially in VFR and verse:

"Ever since I fell out of love with you, I fell back in love with me"

Like it shows difference between a new trilogy (NFR, COTCC, and BB) and an old trilogy (BTD, UV, Honeymoon). That line would never appear in an old trilogy :lanahairflip3:

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

Has anyone else speculated that the Kevin of "Fuck you Kevin" might be the same person as the title of For K and For K, Part 2 aka the death row convict of Kill Kill, Blue Jeans, and Dark Paradise and the "all my songs are really about the same guy" and the "man that's in my past". Like the mystery man present in all her most fucked up songs? 

6 minutes ago, synecdoche2 said:

Has anyone else speculated that the Kevin of "Fuck you Kevin" might be the same person as the title of For K and For K, Part 2 aka the death row convict of Kill Kill, Blue Jeans, and Dark Paradise and the "all my songs are really about the same guy" and the "man that's in my past". Like the mystery man present in all her most fucked up songs? 

no

qfrWuBl.png