Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

8 minutes ago, synecdoche2 said:

Has anyone else speculated that the Kevin of "Fuck you Kevin" might be the same person as the title of For K and For K, Part 2 aka the death row convict of Kill Kill, Blue Jeans, and Dark Paradise and the "all my songs are really about the same guy" and the "man that's in my past". Like the mystery man present in all her most fucked up songs? 

i don't think she's ever going to really openly/publicly talk about who "k" is, especially so casually, i think it'll forever be a mystery

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

7 minutes ago, synecdoche2 said:

Has anyone else speculated that the Kevin of "Fuck you Kevin" might be the same person as the title of For K and For K, Part 2 aka the death row convict of Kill Kill, Blue Jeans, and Dark Paradise and the "all my songs are really about the same guy" and the "man that's in my past". Like the mystery man present in all her most fucked up songs? 

Doubtful… the way she talks about Kevin and K are totally different. K is this mysterious character that she never really seems to move on from and Kevin is quite literally a “stupid boyfriend” which she doesn’t seem that attached to 

I thought “fuck you, Kevin” was a reference to her ex-bassist who apparently shaded her on social media in 2020? I don’t remember seeing any post as such, so it could be fake news lol, but Kevin was definitely part of the band until he was absent on the NFR tour. 

Edit: never mind — confirmed false 

1 minute ago, TropicoKitten said:

Doubtful… the way she talks about Kevin and K are totally different. K is this mysterious character that she never really seems to move on from and Kevin is quite literally a “stupid boyfriend” which she doesn’t seem that attached to 

You're probably right. I was just thinking about how Lana doesn't always complete sentences in her lyric writing. Stupid boyfriend and Kevin could be two different people, and since the name drop feels so jarring, and the name starts with K, it just struck me as a possibility. Anyway, carry on!

4 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I thought “fuck you, Kevin” was a reference to her ex-bassist who apparently shaded her on social media in 2020? I don’t remember seeing any post as such, so it could be fake news lol, but Kevin was definitely part of the band until he was absent on the NFR tour. 

how did kevin shade her?!

19 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Kevin wasnt on tour cuz he had a baby

when did he shade her

image.png

My holy trinity quintette:

Black Bathing Suit

Nectar Of The Gods

Living Legend
Wildflower Wildfire

Cherry Blossom

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

On 1/5/2022 at 8:59 AM, IanadeIrey said:

Kevin McPherson is a working musician who has always kept a low profile. He's not the type of person/professional to start talking shit publicly about Lana.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

At times i forget that Color Blue is actually called Nectar Of The Gods and it was released on this album :bebe:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

On 1/5/2022 at 9:04 AM, Dominikx4 said:

Kevin wasnt on tour cuz he had a baby

when did he shade her

7 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

Kevin McPherson is a working musician who has always kept a low profile. He's not the type of person/professional to start talking shit publicly about Lana.

Ah, I see, thank you for setting the record straight. I never saw any alleged posts myself, so glad to know it’s not true! 

On 1/4/2022 at 9:10 AM, ImenaOphelia said:

yup! You can hear it especially in VFR and verse:

"Ever since I fell out of love with you, I fell back in love with me"

Like it shows difference between a new trilogy (NFR, COTCC, and BB) and an old trilogy (BTD, UV, Honeymoon). That line would never appear in an old trilogy :lanahairflip3:

I love that we all acknowledge LFL as that awkward yet important transitional phase between the two trilogies. 

(that being said are we heading into another LFL 2.0??? i honestly wouldn’t mind if they have the vibe of the last half of LFL :diva:)

7 hours ago, wildheart said:

I love that we all acknowledge LFL as that awkward yet important transitional phase between the two trilogies. 

(that being said are we heading into another LFL 2.0??? i honestly wouldn’t mind if they have the vibe of the last half of LFL :diva:)

I personally loved most of LFL, though I never play 'Coachella,' 'Change,' 'Love,' 'Get Free,' or the title track.

To me, it's certainly no more awkward that NFR!, which I felt was padded with retreads. 

Just now, Vertimus said:

I personally loved most of LFL, though I never play 'Coachella,' 'Change,' 'Love,' 'Get Free,' or the title track.

ummmm buddy Get Free is literally her best song

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

one of the most beautiful things I loved and love about the title track is when she sings "and that, scared me". 

from, nothing scares me anymore, to that. to me, it shows a lot of growth, vulnerability, and self awareness, and most importantly, that she found something actually worth losing. 

UV/Honeymoon

12 minutes ago, Pineapple B00ST said:

one of the most beautiful things I loved and love about the title track is when she sings "and that, scared me". 

cause I've met a man who said he'd comeback every May :toofunny:

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

It's hitting me that this is my least favorite Lana album bsdjfh. It has some songs that are amazing to me like top level, but this is the first Lana album where there are several songs that I just don't care for. Songs like Dealer, Thunder, NOTG, Black Bathing Suit, IYLDNTM and Living Legend are amazing to me, absolutely love those songs, but songs like Violets for Roses and Beautiful are just not pleasent to listen to to me. And then you got songs like Text Book, Sweet Carolina, WFWF and the title track that I think are good songs but they really just don't compare to her other work. I'm never like "oh, I really wanna listen to Wildflower Wildfire right now!”. Also the fact that she included songs we've had for so long makes them less exciting to me cause I've already had my moment with them. At first I really liked this album as a whole, but the more I listen to it the more I'm just :// about it (as a whole). With COCC it's very different. I didn't like COCC as much as NFR but I find myself listening to COCC a lot, it's very replayable to me and I like it a lot, even though I think Blue Banisters has higher higs. So yeah, BB least fav Lana album. At the bottom. 

qfrWuBl.png

On 1/4/2022 at 1:43 PM, takemetothegasstation said:

Whoever this is, I bet he is so vain. 

2 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

It's hitting me that this is my least favorite Lana album bsdjfh. It has some songs that are amazing to me like top level, but this is the first Lana album where there are several songs that I just don't care for. Songs like Dealer, Thunder, NOTG, Black Bathing Suit, IYLDNTM and Living Legend are amazing to me, absolutely love those songs, but songs like Violets for Roses and Beautiful are just not pleasent to listen to to me. And then you got songs like Text Book, Sweet Carolina, WFWF and the title track that I think are good songs but they really just don't compare to her other work. I'm never like "oh, I really wanna listen to Wildflower Wildfire right now!. Also the fact that she included songs we've had for so long makes them less exciting to me cause I've already had my moment with them. At first I really liked this album as a whole, but the more I listen to it the more I'm just :// about it (as a whole). With COCC it's very different. I didn't like COCC as much as NFR but I find myself listening to COCC a lot, it's very replayable to me and I like it a lot, even though I think Blue Banisters has higher higs. So yeah, BB least fav Lana album. At the bottom. 

While I cannot comprehend how anyone can feel this way about my fav LDR album, I'm always interested in reading the various and wide-ranging reactions to her work.

So.....er......thanks. 

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside.