Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

This album aged really beautifully:wowcry:

I still play it at least 2 or 3 times in a week:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

omg the way this looks just like one of @IanadeIrey's fanmade BB artwork in the pre-release sends me-

dLjRXlG.jpg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I've listened to the full album again yesterday, and wow, what a feeling! if you don't listen to BB for some days, and then just do it, it's like a brand new experience... I have always loved that about her albums.

and also I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she delivered BB just a few months after COCC :ohno: 

If this album had better mixing I probs would like it way better. Idk any musical terms or w/e but it sounds thick it sounds muffled like theres this thick nasty gray thick syrup-y consistency in my ears while im listening to it idk if this makes any sense but it does it’s just not pleasant to the ears. It makes it less replayable for me.

qfrWuBl.png

37 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

If this album had better mixing I probs would like it way better. Idk any musical terms or w/e but it sounds thick it sounds muffled like theres this thick nasty gray thick syrup-y consistency in my ears while im listening to it idk if this makes any sense but it does it’s just not pleasant to the ears. It makes it less replayable for me.

I agree that it has poor mixing and makes it less enjoyable. Mixing is an extremely important stage and should not be overlooked.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

Prediction: this album will have its renaissance era one day, but it's not going to be as quick of a turnaround like it was for Honeymoon and Chemtrails. Years down the line people are going to look at this record differently and really appreciate it 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i think it's actually real wise how her production's been for this record. 

text book's almost quentin tarantino vibes, similar to some kind of nina simone drama 
blue banister's immaculate production 
arcadia's musical theater quality 
the saloon western interlude 
black bathing suit's subdued menace 
if u lie down with me's cowboy honestly personally brokeback mountain atmosphere 
beautiful's delicate piano and sweet vocal crescendos 
violets for roses simple but effective skipping tempo and pacing 
dealer's motel-esque world 
thunder's looming 
wildflower wildfire's subtle raunchiness and protection 
nectar of the gods perfectly lends to the air of forlorn 
living legend's regret and aching adoration 
cherry blossom's sincerity 
and sweet carolina's sheer sweetness. 

maybe i'm one of the few, but personally, it's the little gentle moments that can be the most profound. 
and when life can be too much and everything else might be turbulent, it's the stripped back sound that brings comfort well in a world that usually takes more than it gives back 

this album's a beautiful counterpoint to a lot of things, and there's wisdom in it's simplicity and balance. 

UV/Honeymoon

I still standby this album being one of her best :oprah3:

Every track is perfection :oprah3:

Every track is lush and delicious :oprah3:

Every track makes sense and the album overall is indeed thought well through :oprah3:

As a whole this album is powerful and stands next to HM and UV, AKA too :oprah3:

A powerful sister no its true its true :oprah3:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

4 minutes ago, boom like that said:

I still standby this album being one of her best :oprah3:

Every track is perfection :oprah3:

Every track is lush and delicious :oprah3:

Every track makes sense and the album overall is indeed thought well through :oprah3:

As a whole this album is powerful and stands next to HM and UV, AKA too :oprah3:

A powerful sister no its true its true :oprah3:

I totally agree. Like said above by @Pineapple B00ST, there's a certain wisdom in this record that makes it a unique part of her catalog :oprah3:

Blue Banisters is one of her best title tracks ever. It's profound :oprah3:

I love how it is almost split into three different acts :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I totally agree. Like said above by @Pineapple B00ST, there's a certain wisdom in this record that makes it a unique part of her catalog :oprah3:

Blue Banisters is one of her best title tracks ever. It's profound :oprah3:

I love how it is almost split into three different acts :oprah3:

SNoC2OP.gif

18 minutes ago, Pineapple B00ST said:

maybe i'm one of the few, but personally, it's the little gentle moments that can be the most profound. 
and when life can be too much and everything else might be turbulent, it's the stripped back sound that brings comfort well in a world that usually takes more than it gives back 

this album's a beautiful counterpoint to a lot of things, and there's wisdom in it's simplicity and balance. 

:true:

no cause this part especially is true ! My favorite parts of this record are definitely the lush soft tracks, BB, Arcadia, BBS, If You Lie Down, Beautiful, VfR, WW, Nectar, Sweet Carolina SNoC2OP.gif This album brings back what we love about Lana and the positive outlooks within majority of these songs just brings such a good vibe when listening jvVqQoX.gif

Take in the light, the sweetness that BB offers girlies ZEZD0HB.jpg

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

On 1/21/2022 at 3:10 AM, Sadaurora said:

The only skips here are tb, beautiful and arcadia tbh, otherwise its a great album better than cotcc for sure

I agree, but I still listen to Textbook for the second verse. It's my favourite part. It reminds me of a dark Nancy Sinatra

12 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I agree, but I still listen to Textbook for the second verse. It's my favourite part. It reminds me of a dark Nancy Sinatra

Gangsta Nancy Sinatra :smokes4:

Currently obsessed with Cherry Blossom.🥺

I push you high, Angelina :krylie:
On your sycamore tree :oprah:

And I can't stop singing the chorus to Beautiful 24/7.... weirdly enough, since I, like many of you, isn't that impressed with the lyrics, but idk it's apparently sort of addictive lol.

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Dealer-Thunder-Wildflower Wildfire is my favourite  1-2-3 punch on this album :defeated:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I still think she doesn't get enough credit for her songwriting. Like, over the last 3 years we've had some amazing albums and multiple career highs. And she seems to only be getting better with Blue Banisters and Watercolor Eyes!

If you look at the amount of music we've gotten in just over 2 years, and the quality overall. There's nobody else doing it like her and she doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon...

I wouldn't be surprised if we get more new music throughout this year and personally I can't wait.

I've put a list of the songs I'm talking about above, below. And wow, that's only half her discography.

Spoiler

Arcadia

Bartender

Beautiful

Black Bathing Suit

Blue Banisters

Breaking Up Slowly

California

Chemtrails Over The Country Club

Cherry Blossom

Cinammon Girl

Dance Till We Die

Dark But Just A Game

Dealer

Doin Time

Fuck It, I Love You

Happiness Is A Butterfly

Hope Is A Dangerous Thing...

How To Disappear

If You Lie Down With Me

Let Me Love You Like A Woman

Living Legend 

Looking For America

Love Song 

Mariners Apartment Complex

Nectar Of The Gods

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Sweet Carolina

Text Book

The Greatest

The Next Best American Record

Thunder

Tulsa Jesus Freak

Venice Bitch 

Violets For Roses

Watercolor Eyes

White Dress

Wild At Heart

Wildflower Wildfire

Yosemite

Ok since this album is out now for a few a months I want to share some general thoughts.
It aged beautifully for me & it has become one of my favourites albums. Maybe my favourite album of hers along with Honeymoon 

Also Honeymoon , Blue Banisters,  Ultraviolence & Chemtrails is my holy quartet :trisha:

I can see why the flow might be not perfect for everyone. Thunder would have been a more nicely sonically after VfR & Nectar was sonically a choice after WFWF but I don't mind it actually. I got used to Dealer after VfR (it's somehow iconic when the drums kick in after VfR)  & in Nectar she starts with " What cruel world is this " after she realized how cruel the world is in WFWF. So I can see why Nectar comes after WFWF. Also the beats remind me of some lasers & sth burning & then the oooh intro of Nectar paints a picture in my head of a landscape that got burned & destroyed, like you sit in some ruins, with your head in the hands contemplating about this "cruel " world. I don't know if it makes sense but this is how it is in my head lol.

OiUHEXQ.jpg