Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

On 4/26/2022 at 5:57 PM, bluechemtrails said:

Text Book and Blue Banisters are pleasant islands of tranquility in today's increasingly fast-paced music world.

The whole album is, I think.

It's slow, deep, painful and hopeful as well. There are things that could have done other way, but Blue Banisters is solid and mature, thoughtful and inmensely beautiful. Just a classic. It may have dethroned Honeymoon as my favourite Lana album, I guess.

The three singles are amazing, this time of year when spring is slowly warming up. I might be a « year too late » when it comes to loving these three songs: my headspace wasn’t at all in the BB atmosphere last year when they were released (I wanted something big and fun to get out of the pandemic, and BB might have been too thoughtful at the moment). But it’s crazy how I connect with most of the songs right now, how perfect they feel. 

it's a crime that we didn't get a blue banisters release for record store day :oprah2:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Cherry Blossom, living legend and Nectar of the Gods are so unnecessary tbh. All the other songs make up a perfect era. She should've released those 3 as a single. Not on the album but I rest my case otherwise this album is perfect (I'm not even gonna mention Beautiful it's so bad but the world deserves to hear Picasso and him being sad...) I'm done

Blue Bannisters is definitely a grower. It's the most honest portrait of who lana del rey is by heart, after all the chaos that she lived around those confusing times, numb by the camera flashes, lovers and drugs. The single trio took time to many of the fans get into it but, finally, they're perceived as good songs, and important songs to her discography imo. It's not the grandiosity that many of us always are looking for in the next record but it's a delicate masterpiece that every track tells you a little secret, a little memory that leave you with a different taste in the mouth. In long-term, this album will be very important in documentaries to understand HOW lana del rey thinks, feels and tells her stories. It's like a behind the scenes.

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

i'll love this album forever - it was the warmth i needed after a shitty year and luckily the songs on the album resonate with me so much :party:

Hello my fellow people who are gay :kiss:

I said I'd come back every May just to remind you all

that Blue Banisters is a goddang Slay 

& I hope that soon those of you who disagree will open your eyes & see the righteous way,

till then I hope you all have a wonderful day &

well,

there is nothing more for me to say, oh yea repent for your sins or in

hell,

you will stayyy

The way into heaven

is by going into your preferred streaming service

& clicking on Blue Banisters & hitting Play

Until thennn

I will pray, that

baybayyyy

someone comes & repaints my banisters cuz those bitches are turning greyyy

:runs:

On 5/8/2022 at 12:12 PM, bluechemtrails said:

Living Legend and Cherry Blossom are perfect as they are, no rework needed.

This. The only stain is Nectar of the Gods.

Blue Banisters renaissance already? :wowcry::oprah::oprah4::monica::true::oprah3:

Once I saw that album cover and heard Text Book/Blue Banisters/Wildflower, I knew this would be a classic yup yup yup.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

This. The only stain is Nectar of the Gods.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM NO 

nectar of the GAWDS is a serve with just her, her layered vocals and that gorgeous guitar

a folk masterpiece 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Top 4 LDR album. If you get it you get it if you don’t you don’t if you know you know

Spoiler

That said I would probably remove NotG, LL, and CB simply because they don’t fit with the rest of the album as they are. They are stripped back ballads like much of the rest of the album but they sound a decade old. They’re her songs and she’s free to do with them as she wishes but I don’t get why she didn’t re-record or add anything new to them; as has already been pointed out she re-did Thunder and IYLDWM. The album flows better without these three songs in their current state imo

Spoiler

Also no NFR is not in that top 3

whatarecoloris.jpg

i remember listening to NotG years ago back when it was "Wild One" and thinking it would be so cool if she released it. i was so gagged that she actually did.

okay momma now release I Want You :party:

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

45 minutes ago, Brat said:

i remember listening to NotG years ago back when it was "Wild One" and thinking it would be so cool if she released it. i was so gagged that she actually did.

okay momma now release I Want You :party:

wait what is I Want You?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole