Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

I didn’t understand the place Nectar of the Gods on BB’s tracklist until last week: all the songs starting with WFWF are about motherhood, including that one. NOTG’s chorus could be sung from the perspective of the mother getting Wild on her daughter, raging at her like it’s said she does in WFWF, and the verses are about the « hole » it created in her daughter, feeling lost. 

Taking the fact that Thunder/NotG/LL/CB are old songs out the picture, the track run from Thunder to Sweet Carolina is the best sequence of tracks in her career imo (I feel like I say this every time I come in here, but it's true. I also really love Dealer, but Thunder to Sweet Carolina is where I see it as a sequence)

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

On 5/10/2022 at 4:13 PM, Thunder said:

Taking the fact that Thunder/NotG/LL/CB are old songs out the picture, the track run from Thunder to Sweet Carolina is the best sequence of tracks in her career imo (I feel like I say this every time I come in here, but it's true. I also really love Dealer, but Thunder to Sweet Carolina is where I see it as a sequence)

It really does hit, I remember playing all those songs on vinyl and being like wow what a way to end this album

especially with sweet Carolina, I had to pause for a minute and regroup 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Arcadia, BBS, IYLDWM and Thunder are all aging like fine, fucking wine.:oprah3:

NotG, LL and CB = unbothered :worship:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

On 5/10/2022 at 3:06 PM, Hydroponic Weeds said:

wait what is I Want You?

oop sorry havent been on lanaboards in a minute-

Its also called I Caught You/ I Caught You Boy

i've heard it under so many different names that i never know which to put :runs:

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

Happy birthday to the 3 surprise singles!

What a glorious day that was, I remember being so shocked that we were getting not one but three new songs so soon after Chemtrails was out, and then being completely blown away by the emotion and maturity of the tracks. All 3 are masterpieces and such gorgeous parts of this album.

This album is ageing like a fine wine. So goddamn beautiful

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

This album is so slow like it moves like a glacier. But I also think it's pretty gorgeous in a messy, very personal way. Lana is so intimate, it's like she tells you her darkest secrets but you still don't really know who she is.

Let's rewrite history, I'll do this dance with you...

There's a hole that's in my heart all my women try and heal
They're doin' a good job convincin' me that it's not real
It's heat lightning

I promise that nothing will burn you.

How can y'all hate Nectar of the Gods? That's really weird.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

5 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

How can y'all hate Nectar of the Gods? That's really weird.

Wait do ppl actually hate NotG :pout:

I mean I don’t really care for its presence on the album bc it’s a random demo from 2013 on an album full of more fleshed out/recent recordings but as a song it is THAT Girl and deserves Respect

whatarecoloris.jpg

Tbh, this album was the most Lana album since Honeymoon. If this was the release after Honeymoon I'd have absolutely zero criticism about her music and it would have made perfect sense tbh. Realistically, it's stupid and pointless to imagine that, but like, IMAGINE THAT

My obsession with this album has still not ended:defeated: it's aging so good for me :trisha:

Just wanna say again how amazing the new Thunder is:oprah: it really became one of my favourite songs ever & it's along with Black Collapsing Suit my favourite song from the album :lange:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I just had an out of body experience listening from 2:45 to 3:16 of Text Book... I literally levitated a few centimetres above my bed and beams of light came from my eyes, mouth, and fingers... Literally the reason I can't listen to this song often smh

ZKcaooE.png