Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

imagine an LP box set :omg:

what? :illumarina:

'The Trio' is a snippet from the 1966 classic soundtrack of the Clint Eastwood film, 'The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly,' the score written by the late, great Ennio Morricone.

'The Trio' is 5:00 minutes long in whole. Check out the entire score, it's magnificent, even frightening. 

An orchestra leader named Hugh Montenegro covered the title song ('The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly') and made it a huge pop hit in the America of 1968. 

12 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

'The Trio' is a snippet from the 1966 classic soundtrack of the Clint Eastwood film, 'The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly,' the score written by the late, great Ennio Morricone.

'The Trio' is 5:00 minutes long in whole. Check out the entire score, it's magnificent, even frightening. 

An orchestra leader named Hugh Montenegro covered the title song ('The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly') and made it a huge pop hit in the America of 1968. 

i really love lana's remix of it so much (tbh its a highlight for me) but the original is amazing too :true:

8 minutes ago, The Siren said:

i really love lana's remix of it so much (tbh its a highlight for me) but the original is amazing too :true:

The whole album is hypnotic if you give it a chance. I was just as happy to see Lana utilizing Morricone as I was seeing her tap Nino Rota's 'Romeo & Juliet' theme for 'Old Money,' one of my favorites of hers. 

I wasn't particularly happy with BB's use of 'The Trio,' but it's good to know she's listening to and aware of Morricone and his vast catalog of work. 

8 hours ago, Vertimus said:

And since 'The Trio' had been known to me for years, I found the snippet on BB the album's lowpoint and eliminated it from the e-album. 

I thought you meant you knew of Lana's remix for years, girl wbk about her being a Morricone stan lmaoooo 

but also i hate this take because it's such a good turning point in the album :coffee:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Does anyone have a good Sweet Carolina instrumental quickly? I have a wedding tomorrow and the bride said she wants to walk down the aisle to it but the ones on YouTube have weird clicks in them. If this is against the rules I’ll delete it!

17 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I thought you meant you knew of Lana's remix for years, girl wbk about her being a Morricone stan lmaoooo 

but also i hate this take because it's such a good turning point in the album :coffee:

Lana clearly has an expansive mind and knows a lot about music, but I wouldn't automatically assume she knows and admires Morricone's vast catalog of work, famous as he is and was throughout his lifetime. Even with her own song 'Morricone,' we can only guess she named it 'Morricone' after the composer. Half Italian myself, I don't know how common a surname Morricone is. She might have known a young man named Morricone for all I know. Has she mentioned Ennio anywhere else, in passing, in an interview? 

And while I consider him a complete genius, he composed over 400 film scores, a great deal of which, to my mind, is pure junk, since he had to compose all kinds of incidental and 'action' music which was often just a lot of chaotic noise, especially since, in the first 3/4ths of his career, he would compose for just about any film, no matter how Z-graded it was. 

While we’re on the subject I definitely count Honeymoon (the song) as a Morricone inspired piece, and her Trio remix makes me cringe it sounds like something you’d heard on the sports channel but the original is one of the best songs ever idk how she let that happen 

UbsOye5.png

10 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

While we’re on the subject I definitely count Honeymoon (the song) as a Morricone inspired piece, and her Trio remix makes me cringe it sounds like something you’d heard on the sports channel but the original is one of the best songs ever idk how she let that happen 

she really thought she served 

20 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

I agree, the trap beat sounds so cheap.

I think the original alone would be jarring enough to separate the three initial songs and then we get the gorgeous little BBS intro with the bird sounds.

3 hours ago, MrFameKills said:

I agree, the trap beat sounds so cheap.

I think the original alone would be jarring enough to separate the three initial songs and then we get the gorgeous little BBS intro with the bird sounds.

It's her ex Clay made it so i think she only adds it into the album for fun.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

13 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

It's her ex Clay made it so i think she only adds it into the album for fun.

I think the Trio has more meaning than being added for fun. The beginning of BBS is also a sample from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Plus BBS is her “revenge” song, so to have that ominous intro like the Trio is actually pretty great: here’s what you’ve been waiting for, y’all!!! 
(Manifesting a complex song like this or White Dress on LDR9… something a bit strange, a bit unpolished at moments but certainly a song to go back to and to get accustomed to)

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I think the Trio has more meaning than being added for fun. The beginning of BBS is also a sample from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Plus BBS is her “revenge” song, so to have that ominous intro like the Trio is actually pretty great: here’s what you’ve been waiting for, y’all!!! 
(Manifesting a complex song like this or White Dress on LDR9… something a bit strange, a bit unpolished at moments but certainly a song to go back to and to get accustomed to)

Actually, Arcadia is sort of her revenge as well.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I would have rather 'The Trio' start the album off then, be the first track...maybe it would make some sense to me.

Just as '13 Beaches' should have started off 'LFL.' 'White Dress' was the right song to open 'COCC.' 

I have to be delulu for a minute and write about how the stars aligned and this album was released for me.

• My birthday is Oct 25.
  • I take a medication she mentioned.
  • NOTG was one of my favorite unreleased songs (or at least post-Lizzy unreleased).
  • Even though I can agree it's not the best album as a whole, the musical style aligns nicely with various genres I'm interested in, so it's still somewhere in the top of my list.
  • Right before we figured out Thunder was going to be on the album I had been to a memorial service for my finance's phD advisor. Apparently his motto was "Just do it". 
  • I had been going on a deep dive of RHCP, and the iconic scene from Arcadia with the stars in the background and the city on her chest is almost identical to a scene in the video for Under the Bridge.
  • But mostly the fact that it's basically a birthday album

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you