Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

Arcadia is one of her best songs :oprah3:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

I'm SO happy that the absolute beautiful, gorgeous Arcadia gets the fully respect and appreciation she deserves. <3 :crai:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Arcadia is so underrated, I can’t believe how overlooked it is by so many listeners. When I first heard it, I couldn’t believe she did that. The lyrics are some of the best she’s written (that chorus is everything), her vocals are stunning, and the production is just gorgeous. I admire the way she’s able to weave so many different facets of her life—relationships, fame, and personal growth—into individual songs, and this one is just exemplary of that. It’s probably my favourite on Blue Banisters :wub:

19 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Arcadia is so underrated, I can’t believe how overlooked it is by so many listeners. When I first heard it, I couldn’t believe she did that. The lyrics are some of the best she’s written (that chorus is everything), her vocals are stunning, and the production is just gorgeous. I admire the way she’s able to weave so many different facets of her life—relationships, fame, and personal growth—into individual songs, and this one is just exemplary of that. It’s probably my favourite on Blue Banisters :wub:

same, Arcadia is frl that bitch

What are your guys' favorite lyrics on the album? Like little snippets that just hit really hard.

Right now my two are:

My heart is like paper, I hate ya

and:

Once I found my way but now I am lost

But there are so many good ones! To me this album is probably lyrically the most interesting and deep she's been since she's gotten out of her "I wanna die to be with my boyfriend in heaven" phase.

To continue the Arcadia love;

Those horns are still everything :xcry: :wub:

Beskrivning saknas.

To continue the Arcadia love; 

The little instrumental part after the first chorus is so fucking beautiful :wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

On 6/16/2022 at 2:23 PM, takemetothegasstation said:

What are your guys' favorite lyrics on the album? Like little snippets that just hit really hard.

Right now my two are:

My heart is like paper, I hate ya

and:

Once I found my way but now I am lost

But there are so many good ones! To me this album is probably lyrically the most interesting and deep she's been since she's gotten out of her "I wanna die to be with my boyfriend in heaven" phase.

"comfortably numb but with lithium came poetry"

"your interest really made stacks out of it for me"

"ever since i fell out of love with you i fell back in love with me"

"you act like fucking mr. brightside when you're with all your friends but i know what you're like when the party ends"

"you try to see the bright side when each new day begins but you're not satisfied at the rainbow's end"

"you feel afraid, mommy is there"

Okay but we have to talk about the track placement from Arcadia - Interlude The Trio - Black Bathing Suit.

Arcadia is like a sweet lullaby that turns you tf on & then you found yourself masturbating to it in a motel room. And then the Interlude comes on, but towards the end of it you hear it sounds more like you're about walking outside leaving the speaker with "The Interlude" playing back in "the room". Once ur outside, u heard the crows, the leaves: because its like you put on a black bathing suit, get into the pool outside of a garden in a summer afternoon or something.

The Trio Interlude honestly fits the whole album if you think about it.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Current ranking:

1. Black Bathing Suit
  2. If You Lay Down With Me
  3. Arcadia
  4. Thunder
  5. Nectar Of The Gods
  6. Cherry Blossom
  7. Text Book
  8. Sweet Carolina
  9. Living Legend
  10. Wildflower Wildfire
  11. Dealer
  12. Blue Banisters
  13. Interlude - The Trio
  14. Violets For Roses
  15. Beautiful

Beskrivning saknas.

I’m gonna say something controversial before the next album comes. Those of y’all who paint BB as messy and complain that it’s songs we’ve already had or that it’s boring obviously are missing the entire point. It truly is a healing album. It details the struggles of addiction and heartbreak and trying to find family again when you had none. Men who come and go because a bottle is more important to them. Finding your own family because maybe it never came easy for you. Trying not to be self destructive and angry. It’s deeply emotional when you fully understand all her references and there’s a lot. Y’all were just upset it wasn’t milfymoo clubbycloo death drop into a split werq the house down boots slay

1 minute ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

I’m gonna say something controversial before the next album comes. Those of y’all who paint BB as messy and complain that it’s songs we’ve already had or that it’s boring obviously are missing the entire point. It truly is a healing album. It details the struggles of addiction and heartbreak and trying to find family again when you had none. Men who come and go because a bottle is more important to them. Finding your own family because maybe it never came easy for you. Trying not to be self destructive and angry. It’s deeply emotional when you fully understand all her references and there’s a lot. Y’all were just upset it wasn’t milfymoo clubbycloo death drop into a split werq the house down boots slay

i fully agree with this

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 minutes ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

the only thing i disagree with is the mess, if the unreleased/leaked music wasn’t ass quality i would agree with everything.