Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

21 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

staring at this post of mine in confusion wtf does this even mean I meant to abbreviate Violets for Roses why did my mind think that was the correct abbreviation where did I even get this from like I rlly just typed that with full confidence without any second thought thinking these 5 letters are correct…

Violet Over The Backwards Grass 

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

staring at this post of mine in confusion wtf does this even mean I meant to abbreviate Violets for Roses why did my mind think that was the correct abbreviation where did I even get this from like I rlly just typed that with full confidence without any second thought thinking these 5 letters are correct…

i was so confused i almost quoted but then i was thinking it was probably some lanaboards abbreviation that i missed and i'd look dumb if i asked 💀

8 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

the stars finally allign, LDR9 will sound like VBOTG

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

15 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

I didn't even catch that. I read it as Violets for Roses without question.  :deadbanana:You probably got it mixed up with VBBOTG. 

The way we all knew what you meant though...

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

27 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

is it "i'm not friends with my mother, but i still love my dad" or "i'm not friends with my mother, but i still have my dad" ?? i can't tell 

im pretty sure its love

On 6/28/2022 at 9:43 AM, sadhotforever said:

BB is a messy album, while it's not bad, it's not Lana's best work. You're allowed to like/praise it, but don't pretend like others just don't get it. As for the last sentence, Lana literally never did anything like that, and why would we expect something like that after COTCC?

Im not talking about the production if that’s what you’re referencing. I can agree that it wasn’t the most cohesive production, however, I didn’t pretend there was a lot of people saying they hated it cause she doesn’t sing about cocaine and sugar daddies anymore 😭 but I do feel BB was meant to be produced the way it was. I’m just commenting how it’s unfair to hate on the story she’s writing, as opposed to the music that’s being produced. And she’s def made upbeat songs in the past I was just exaggerating lmao

does anyone remember in the IG livestream when the album dropped and lana mentioned her singing a word she's never sang before and how it 'changes everything' or something but she wouldn't tell us the word?? did we figure that one out :oopna:

18 minutes ago, alexlanawhore said:

does anyone remember in the IG livestream when the album dropped and lana mentioned her singing a word she's never sang before and how it 'changes everything' or something but she wouldn't tell us the word?? did we figure that one out :oopna:

It's probably "lineage"

giphy.gif

On 7/5/2022 at 4:06 PM, alexlanawhore said:

i  think 'mother' in BBS is basically the consensus

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

19 hours ago, Brow Bone said:

Its kinda strange how this thread’s appropes still on new releases n not post release but just felt the need to say violets for roses sounds like a song u might play at someone’s service in lanas case, maybe a parting of a past self so transformative 

wut? 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

Updated ranking w/o Interlude

1. Blue Banisters

2. Living Legend

3. Text Book

4. Black Bathing Suit

5. Wildflower Wildfire

6. Nectar of the Gods

7. Sweet Carolina

8. If You Lie Down With Me

9. Dealer

10. Cherry Blossom

11. Arcadia

12. Violets for Roses

13. Thunder

14. Beautiful

An album :wub:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

listened to the album 4 times in a row today while playing civ 6

1. If You Lie Down With Me

2. Text Book

3. Wildflower Wildfire

4. Blue Banisters

5. Nectar of the Gods

6. Black Bathing Suit

7. Living Legend

8. Dealer

9. Thunder

10. Sweet Carolina

11. Beautiful 

12. Violets for Roses

13. Arcadia

14. Cherry Blossom

This album is great, but it feels like a ghost. There's no life in it. It's really nice, has great vocals and lyrics but there's a spark that's missing. It's like Hauntya Del Rey possessed a grammaphone and just started transmitted it from the ether. Very October. It's funny that it was almost a summer album. It is very autumnal.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Ok, so the more I listen to this album (almost daily tbh, it's aged very well for me), the more I feel like they should have made Beautiful the opening track. It's not my favorite by far on the album, but the track placement of it hinders it so much for me. Not sure what it is, but the lull of the album for me is Beautiful followed by Violets for Roses, but then I get excited again when Dealer comes on. 

If Beautiful were the opening, you'd have the twinkly pianos kicking the album off, which is amazing and thematically consistent. The album is heavily piano based, and I like it when her albums begin with a little thematic instrumental in the beginning (Cruel World being a great example). Plus the song itself kind of sums up what the album is about, and why she called it Blue Banisters. 

51 minutes ago, robertenglandgrant said:

Ok, so the more I listen to this album (almost daily tbh, it's aged very well for me), the more I feel like they should have made Beautiful the opening track. It's not my favorite by far on the album, but the track placement of it hinders it so much for me. Not sure what it is, but the lull of the album for me is Beautiful followed by Violets for Roses, but then I get excited again when Dealer comes on. 

If Beautiful were the opening, you'd have the twinkly pianos kicking the album off, which is amazing and thematically consistent. The album is heavily piano based, and I like it when her albums begin with a little thematic instrumental in the beginning (Cruel World being a great example). Plus the song itself kind of sums up what the album is about, and why she called it Blue Banisters. 

This but the strings version.