Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

Where are the instrumentals? Leak them :read:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 hour ago, godsmonster said:

maybe this was posted before but does anyone think The Trio is in reference to Lana and her siblings?

no idea how other than the name

it’s the title of the ennio morricone song the track samples

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

The outro to Black Bathing Suit is so incredible and heartbreaking. Lyrically she's so sassy and knows she has the upper hand against her haters, but she sounds so defeated and sad, like even though she has the last laugh it's not worth all the shit that people have said about her and put her through. The production is so chaotic and fractured and those shards of glass with the lonely piano to end the song WOW a masterpiece :cryney2:

53 minutes ago, revadece said:

seems like we’re not getting if you lie down with me music video :poordat: anyone remembers?

a loss for the culture 

It seems that there are two digital masters for this album: the original master from which the Text Book, Blue Banisters, and Wildfire singles were pulled, and a second master released on CD. You can find the original master on Qobuz and it sounds great, but it clips like mad. I suspect the second master was an emergency fix job to tame some of the egregious clipping, but in so doing it lacks the punch of the original master. You can see the Qobuz waveforms compared with the Amazon release and they're noticeably different.

Something for the collectors...

On 8/13/2022 at 7:52 PM, godsmonster said:

oop nevermind then lmfao

no but i think you're right still! imo that's why she picked it for the album (she also mentions making coffee for the triad on hope, which i also think is her and her.

siblings)

and re BB more generally, this is the only lana album i am straight up ambivalent about. has always been strange to me how much i LOVE some of the songs (the leaked ones, BBS, VFR, IYLDWM, sweet carolina) but as a whole it just doesn't come together holistically for me, feels fractured when i listen to the whole thing. i would still love to hear from her about the process of making this album/putting it together, tho who knows if we'll ever get that (we really got NOTHING for interviews this era). 

aOaIzH2.gif

14 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

So who's gonna buy and leak the two BB outtakes that are circulating.:brows:

6 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

Okay can somebody give us those snippets of new leaks they might be good :oic2:

Y’all better not be those fans who say this and then complain when Lana releases the songs on the next album and say the album isn’t as exciting/good because “we’ve already heard it before” :biblio:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

3 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Y’all better not be those fans who say this and then complain when Lana releases the songs on the next album and say the album isn’t as exciting/good because “we’ve already heard it before” :biblio:

Sweety I was one of the ones on LB who defended the addition of the leaked songs on BB. :smokes: