Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

On 8/28/2022 at 1:10 PM, DeadAgainst said:

I still like BB, but Beautiful and Violets are pure tedium and drag the middle of the album down. Imagine IYLDWM segueing straight into Dealer and you have a killer album.

literally. Violets sounds like a NFR reject and Beautiful is got to be one of corniest mommiest songs ive ever heard like Adele wrote it trying to be Lana.

4 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Y’all better not be those fans who say this and then complain when Lana releases the songs on the next album and say the album isn’t as exciting/good because “we’ve already heard it before” :biblio:

she can give us anything what she want and I am not gonna complain :makeup:

Just wanted to hop in and say the album has aged beautifully for me. Still one of my faves.  Also appreciation post for the yellow vinyl variant and cover. Just absolutely gorgeous and so fitting. The covers/vinyls this era really were top tier!

12 minutes ago, DLT said:

Just wanted to hop in and say the album has aged beautifully for me. Still one of my faves.  Also appreciation post for the yellow vinyl variant and cover. Just absolutely gorgeous and so fitting. The covers/vinyls this era really were top tier!

Extra yes! :illumilana2:

Definitely one of my favourites ever.

The album gets better and better with time. Still, I wish she would have left Thunder untouched. Not only did she take out so much of the tracks initial energy, the mixing of her vocals (especially during the post-bridge climax) is so much worse

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I am having quite a hard time these couple of days and this album has helped me to calm down and think more clearly. It's really comforting:ohno:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

On 8/28/2022 at 11:32 AM, DeadAgainst said:

It seems that there are two digital masters for this album: the original master from which the Text Book, Blue Banisters, and Wildfire singles were pulled, and a second master released on CD. You can find the original master on Qobuz and it sounds great, but it clips like mad. I suspect the second master was an emergency fix job to tame some of the egregious clipping, but in so doing it lacks the punch of the original master. You can see the Qobuz waveforms compared with the Amazon release and they're noticeably different.

Something for the collectors...

On 10/23/2021 at 3:08 PM, lannisterpussy said:

the clipping issues on spotify have been fixed :party:

Confirming two masters. I actually prefer the original; the new one just sounds like they ran some filter over it and sounds muffled. I just throw the Qobuz tracks together with the unmastered leaked tracks and the unmastered Arcadia from the Alternate Video and then only Carolina is left with any significant clipping.

I noticed on The Other Woman early version, her voice clips all over it, presumably to create some sort of vintage 78 effect.

During that time, a reliable insider said that Del Rey had made last-minute changes to the album tracklist and title, completely altering the sound of the album and switching out many of the tracks for others. 

From Lanapedia—I'm starting to wonder if she did it herself on purpose and they had to scramble to fix it later. Someone ask her about it on the next livestream.

The weather got really cold & windy recently. Today I sat outside while the sun was out for like half an hour& listened to this album on the terrace. I haven't listened to it in so long & it was so beautiful. By the time Living Legend started it was raining and it got super windy & it was such a mood to listen to it in this weather. It really feels like autumn started & BB hits even harder now:trisha: I still love this album so much:defeated:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Blue Banisters is such an autumn album. BB season is coming soon and can't be happier about it! I truly love this record. Yes, some songs could've been better. Some were better. But this album has true gems within. Definitely top 5 Lana discography for me.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

an alternative harmonic song order created with the help of Tunebat

1. Black Bathing Suit
  2. Cherry Blossom
  3. Beautiful
  4. Sweet Carolina
  5. Dealer
  6. Thunder
  7. Nectar Of The Gods
  8. Wildflower Wildfire
  9. Violets For Roses
  10. Arcadia
  11. Blue Banisters
  12. Interlude - The Trio
  13. If You Lie Down With Me
  14. Text Book
  15. Living Legend

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3moTroAnTzvcejP5UuswQB?si=b8074af2917f4034

My impact.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

SUMMER COMES

WINTER GOES

SPRING, I SKIP

GOD KNOWS

SUMMER COMES

WINTER GOES

SPRING, I SLEEP

HEAVEN KNOWS

NOW WHEN WEATHER TURNS TO MAY

ALL MY SISTERS FLY TO ME TO

PAINT

PAAAAINT

THE HEALING OMG

Brandy Crying GIF - Brandy Crying Faint - Discover & Share GIFs

ALSO HER MOST UNDERRATED LYRICS OF ALL TIME:

AND WHAT I NEVER SAID

WHY THERE'S A PRICE HEAD ON MY HEAD

IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM

IT'S MY KARMIC LINEAGE

SO IM NOT FRIENDS WITH MY MOTHER

BUT STILL LOVE MY DAD

UNTRADITIONAL LOVER

CAN YOU HANDLE THAT?

I GUESS IM COMPLICATED

MY LIFE'S SORTA TOO

OHHHH LET THEM TAAAAALK ABOUT MEEEEE!

THEY'RE JUST YESTDAY'S NEEEEEEEEEWS

damn the way one year went by this fast...

My top 5 after 1 year:

1. Black Bathing Suit (still a powerful bitch)

2. Living Legend (lately i rewatched her BB release day livestream last year and that part when she was talking about making sure that surround yourself with people who brings you positivity & trying to have good people as friends/partners in your life touched me so much, it makes me understand the impact of this song in her life and why she decided to put it in the album respectively).

3. Wildflower Wildfire (this song is so important, i believe it's even the heart and sould, the beginning, the middle & the end of the whole album - her lineage issues, childhood scars, ghosts from the past that has been there haunting her, and how she finally sets herself free - i feel like this is the song that executed the theme of BB very well & the clever in the production choice, can't get over it).

4. If You Lie Down With Me (cute, makes me me go kyun~)

5. Arcadia (stop attacking this poor piano ballad, this song is a woman who sings her heart & soul the f out, expresses her self-awareness & self-love & self-appreciation).

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing