Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

5 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

ALSO on top of that, I haven’t seen people talk about how Sweet Carolina is about Chuck experiencing/being afraid to experience postpartum depression, and it’s a love letter to her get through that. that’s a topic i’ve never really heard covered in a song before, it’s so beautiful

This song is so beautiful and sweet, I'll never understand how some people can complain about it saying that it is boring :sideeye: how can you say that about a song dedicated to her sister who was about to have a baby?? That's so heartless :horror:

Just now, prettywhenimhigh said:

I'm pretty sure we talked about it when the album was out

i was extremely oversaturated with Lana last year after she released so much music so quickly that i wasn’t really checking for her as much around BB release :bebe: i wasn’t active on here so i missed that discussion

9 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

ALSO on top of that, I haven’t seen people talk about how Sweet Carolina is about Chuck experiencing/being afraid to experience postpartum depression, and it’s a love letter to her get through that. that’s a topic i’ve never really heard covered in a song before, it’s so beautiful

This song is so beautiful and sweet, I'll never understand how some people can complain about it saying that it is boring :sideeye: how can you say that about a song dedicated to her sister who was about to have a baby?? That's so heartless :horror:

20 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i was extremely oversaturated with Lana last year after she released so much music so quickly that i wasn’t really checking for her as much around BB release :bebe: i wasn’t active on here so i missed that discussion

yeah it wasn't exactly a long discussion about it, but I remember some people relating to it but nowadays people just won't talk about this whole album in general

on your previous post you pointed out her songwriting and I think that's the exact issue for some people regarding her songwriting, that they look like poems and not songs. but I agree with you, it's some of her best. I wouldn't say it's better than previous works, just different and equally beautiful and inspiring imo. blue banisters' lyrics made me cry multiple times

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

just listened to WFWF for the first time in forever and damn, it SLAPPED and sounded soooo fresh. :omg::wub:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

The BB album is brilliant, to me, a watermark in her career. I do wish there were 4 or 5 other new songs on it rather than the older leaked tracks, but as it was released, I still love it and still haven't tired of it. It's definitely my most-played LDR album. 

On 12/27/2022 at 2:06 AM, Fingertips said:

It has such a memorable tune, I can't help but thinking about it when I'm not listening to it

ikr! it's a very nice song with great lyricism, it starts playing in my head randomly, even when i haven't listened to it in some time :wub:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

the way i completely forgot we got music videos this era. I was getting ready to write in the Tunnel thread how I hope we get music videos this era since we didn’t get any for BB. :flop:

I definitely watched the Arcadia and BB music videos one time each and then forgot they existed. :toofunny:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

3 minutes ago, ldrcultleader said:

Everything we heard so far sounded better than anything from BB.

Even some hardcore Lana stans couldn’t deny the fact that BB was pure trash.

(it’s fine if you like it for what it is, a random collection of cute songs)

Lana will never get away from the piano.

And that’s actually not a bad thing, 

she just needs a atmospheric melody.

(listen to Change & Beautiful…

Beautiful feels much longer)

Ocean Blvd seems to be way better produced and planned.

The title track alone already feels like an instant classic.

She actually took some time to make it perfect.

The visuals are already one of her best.

This album will easily outsell her last two albums.

giphy.gif

I totally agree. BB seemed like a rushed project, a draft of an album, a collection of songs. Not to talk about the production of some songs that was messy af.

33 minutes ago, ldrcultleader said:

Everything we heard so far sounded better than anything from BB.

Even some hardcore Lana stans couldn’t deny the fact that BB was pure trash.

(it’s fine if you like it for what it is, a random collection of cute songs)

I'm sorry but I think that's a bit of a foregone conclusion. "Omg this album was pure trash!!!1!" to you maybe? I guess I'll be the stan trying to defend Blue Banisters at least a tiny bit. :smokes:

Not saying it's her best, it was obviously put together rather quickly and it wasn't really an original album in the sense that most songs weren't meant for the album to begin with and had been recorded years ago. I reckon that production wise, the so-called original songs are some of the finest she has released in years. The title track alone is one of her most earnest to date too like... :um2:

It was a cute, rushed album, and while it's not a career defining one, that "pure trash" comment is really irksome. Lana stans just love trashing the last album during the pre-release of the next, it's kinda tired. 

Slander Blue Banisters again and you'll be sentenced to the electric chai :et:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Slander Blue Banisters again and you'll be sentenced to the electric chai :et:

It's not perfect, but at least be grateful that we had gotten two albums in one year. Some fans are hard to follow, they want Lana to put unreleased tracks on albums or make them available on streaming platforms, but when she does put some of them on an album (and granted they were LQ/untouched files from YouTube allegedly) they complain that it wasn't a 100% original project. Pick a struggle. :bye: