Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

Just now, evalionisameme said:

Really? I like blue banisters but it’s got some very middling songwriting to me- it’s pros for me are lanas vocal talents on Arcadia and the mixing while lacking in mastering/muffled has the guitars, other instruments etc more in front-I also like it’s diversity. 

a prime example-

Lay your hands on me like you're a Land Rover ??

personally, i think BB is overhated, but i do think the tracklist felt incredibly rushed. nothing about the era truly stands out to me. there’s some great songs on it (text book, bb, arcadia, bbs, iyldwm, dealer, thunder, wildfire, living legend and sweet carolina come to mind) however, i think that the addition of certain songs drag it down a bit. (nectar of the gods, beautiful, and cherry blossom). i think that its a cute album but definitely think that …TUOB is gonna blow it out of the water.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Cmon it’s a poor oxymoron at best, interpret it for us please :oprah3:

too tired to fully process thoughts but

chest - sierra madre - mountain range - skin, curves and contours of body being explored by her lovers hands

i see it as a description of being touched intensely :oprah3:

then again a song is what you make of it and thats just how i hear it (loved hearing other peoples thoughts on it when it came out though) :oprah3:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

14 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

this lyric is genius idc it can be interpreted so many ways :true:

I really like the contrast between her earlier lyrics where she mentioned a lot of american-made cars (Cadillac, Chevrolet, Pontiac), but in Arcadia she mentions foreign cars (Toyota etc)... then the Land Rover lyric is so cute, like, she's the land, and she wants the guy to wander over her :flutter: (I love Land Rovers lol)

17 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Really? I like blue banisters but it’s got some very middling songwriting to me- it’s pros for me are lanas vocal talents on Arcadia and the mixing while lacking in mastering/muffled has the guitars, other instruments etc more in front-I also like it’s diversity. 

a prime example-

this lyric ate, sorry but the girls who get it get it and the girls who don’t don’t !

no fr tho I LOVE Arcadia that song is so beautiful, it’s quintessential Lana 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

15 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Cmon it’s a poor oxymoron at best, interpret it for us please :oprah3:

Oxymoron: a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g. faith unfaithful kept him falselytrue ).

This is why we at least make a good attempt at understanding what words mean before we post :scoff:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Oxymoron: a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g. faith unfaithful kept him falselytrue ).

Periodt bestie if anything it's a misunderstood simile. LanaBoards free figures of speech course

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

31 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

a prime example-

tbh i agree with you... i genuinely think blue banisters has some of her worst song writing and it's exacerbated by old songs also being on the album. this tends to be an unpopular opinion though lol. :eek3:

edit: however blue banisters is my least favorite album of hers and I hate almost every "new" track besides sweet carolina

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

the Land Rover lyric is textbook Lana and it is genius; i’m not sure if my interpretation is correct at all, it’s probably not, but i see

My chest, the Sierra Madre
My hips, every high and byway

That you trace with your fingertips like a Toyota
Run your hands over me like a Land Rover

as lana saying, “I want you to treat me better, I want you to see me as something special” in a way, and the Land Rover lyric specifically was written as more of a wish or command than just a statement. Toyotas are not luxury cars, they’re not super expensive, you see them all the time. meanwhile Land Rovers are luxury and very expensive. she’s saying, “don’t treat me like everybody else, treat me like a luxury, you’re lucky to have me”. that tied into the metaphor of her body being a map, the mention of highways, etc etc is just perfect imo

and then later in the song when she says "If you think that you know yourself, you can come over / Lay your hands over me like you're a land rover" it's a similar thing. I interpret "if you think that you know yourself" meaning confidence, knowing your own worth. if you have all this confidence, then come here and show me how great you think you are. but not in a bad way. which is again is also further extending on the theme that she’s LA and others are driving on her if that makes sense

6 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

the Land Rover lyric is textbook Lana and it is genius; i’m not sure if my interpretation is correct at all, it’s probably not, but i see

My chest, the Sierra Madre
My hips, every high and byway

That you trace with your fingertips like a Toyota
Run your hands over me like a Land Rover

as lana saying, “I want you to treat me better, I want you to see me as something special” in a way, and the Land Rover lyric specifically was written as more of a wish than just a statement. Toyotas are not luxury cars, they’re not super expensive, you see them all the time. meanwhile Land Rovers are luxury and very expensive. she’s saying, “don’t treat me like everybody else, treat me like a luxury, you’re lucky to have me”. that tied into the metaphor of her body being a map, the mention of highways, etc etc is just perfect imo

Ooh I like that interpretation! I always thought she just paid that kid compensation by writing from her perspective :oprah3:

The Land Rover line is not her best, but it's one of those super odd ones that she somehow manages to deliver well (like the trigonometry line in TBD or "stranger than a stranger" in Freak - yeah they're weird but within the song they just work and i can't be mad at them).

Now what i actually hate is her real corny stuff like all of Beautiful and most of Love Song. Also her cornier poetry like that Sugarfish poem, my god i hope Sweet is nothing like that :oprah3:

I'm actually still rly salty that Fine China was not on this album. She had the opportunity to put it on BB and now it's gone. crying

So yk what, screw you Beautiful. Im usually not supportive of its slander, but it is taking up a spot that belonged to Fine China.
signing off for the night, if you feel the need to fight someone, wait until morning so i can watch gn

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

5 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

y'all hate on Beautiful so much, and while it is the worst song on BB, it's only because it sounds like a beginner piano player in the background. If it had good instrumentals, you would eat it up cause YOU KNOW the lyrics are good.

lol I dont mind the piano, its the lyrics that are the problem for me

15 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

y'all hate on Beautiful so much, and while it is the worst song on BB, it's only because it sounds like a beginner piano player in the background. If it had good instrumentals, you would eat it up cause YOU KNOW the lyrics are good.

:wtf3:

"Don’t forget me"

16 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

i feel literally the exact opposite from this :bebe:

beautiful instrumental... extremely questionable lyrics

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, paris texas said:

i feel literally the exact opposite from this :bebe:

beautiful instrumental... extremely questionable lyrics

google, tell me how to delete a post from lana boards
:trisha:

18 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

My only issue with beautiful is : THE SONG LEADS TO NOWHERE . It starts promising the verses are really good, the pre-chorus is great and THEN: the chorus is simply shes saying multiple times the title of the song :crossed:, it doesnt even have a bridge to have a little spice to the song, its just boring. :stareney3:

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

1 minute ago, GrenadineGrass said:

My only issue with beautiful is : THE SONG LEADS TO NOWHERE . It starts promising the verses are really good, the pre-chorus is great and THEN: the chorus is simply shes saying multiple times the title of the song :crossed:, it doesnt even have a bridge to have a little spice to the song, its just boring. :stareney3:

I completely agree, it is my least fav on BB, I just don't think it's bad or a skip.