Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

2 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

My only issue with beautiful is : THE SONG LEADS TO NOWHERE . It starts promising the verses are really good, the pre-chorus is great and THEN: the chorus is simply shes saying multiple times the title of the song :crossed:, it doesnt even have a bridge to have a little spice to the song, its just boring. :stareney3:

No fr that's exactly what annoys me on the song

Its like

beautiful

beautiful

beautiful

like you

beautiful

beautiful

beautiful

like you

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

Beautiful is just plain bad, it's not even enjoyable to listen to like other tracks a lot of people hate (Coachella, looking at you)

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

My only issue with beautiful is : THE SONG LEADS TO NOWHERE . It starts promising the verses are really good, the pre-chorus is great and THEN: the chorus is simply shes saying multiple times the title of the song :crossed:, it doesnt even have a bridge to have a little spice to the song, its just boring. :stareney3:

i mean that's the entire second half of ultraviolence

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Beautiful is just plain bad, it's not even enjoyable to listen to like other tracks a lot of people hate (Coachella, looking at you)

what did beautiful ever do to you oml :ahhney:

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Just now, Blue Ribbon said:

No fr that's exactly what annoys me on the song

Its like

beautiful

beautiful

beautiful

like you

beautiful

beautiful

beautiful

like you

theres is no problem with doing simplistic chorus like repeating a word a lot of edm, pop,trap songs do this. UNLESS YOU'RE DOING A BALLAD! Ballads are mostly stripped back instrumentals to make the listener pay attention to the composition, SO YOU NEED TO SPEAK SOMETHING 

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

5 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

My only issue with money power glory is : THE SONG LEADS TO NOWHERE . It starts promising the verses are really good, the pre-chorus is great and THEN: the chorus is simply shes saying multiple times the title of the song :crossed:, it doesnt even have a bridge to have a little spice to the song, its just boring. :stareney3:

yes spill (and the bridge is still boring :lmaoney:)

and also for giving me Margaret

2 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i mean that's the entire second half of ultraviolence

Here for the mess :lolliney:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

8 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

that’s my same problem with lmlyaw the chorus is just “let me love you like a woman…let me hold you like a baby…let me shine like a diamond…let me be who i’m meant to be…let me love you like a woman…let me hold you like a baby…let me hold you like a baby…” it’s repetitive/boring 😭 the bridge is nice though

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

I listened to this album on vinyl with headphones after a very long while drinking tea , lighting up a scented candle & being cuddled in , in a blanket :wowcry: It was so beautiful, cozy & very comforting , I know this album gets dragged alot & it isn't perfect but I'll love this album forever bc of moments like that :oprah: it even made me start drawing a landscape :trisha:

Also Cherry Blossom is such a beautiful lullaby & then Sweet Carolina after,  it felt like a hug but it also made me almost tear up a little:wowcry:

Cherry Blossom didn't hit that way in some time but I love it so much , idc if it sounds weird but if I ever have a pet or a boyfriend I gonna play them this song at night & sing it to them , there is something so caring & emotional but also comforting about it :wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

The album is now certified Silver in the UK ! Considering the promo it had + the fact that vinyls are pretty hard to find sometimes (compared to her other albums), I think that's amazing :wub:.

I just love this album so much :mariah:

Fo-DT-ZIa-EAEtrac.jpg

lana-del-rey-painting.gif

I do not care if the album was rushed as most people say :crossed: I feel like most people just go with the negative statements.

This is one of my favourite despite the fact it has some week spots like Beautiful as for me. But overall this is chaotic and it somehow describes her well in the last years. The triple singles will forever be famous :true: