Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

50 minutes ago, Maltese Falcon said:

you cant get away with this :toofunny:

lolol blue banisters is one of my favorite albums, but those songs are rather mediocre imo

i applaud her for the effort though

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

beautiful is extremely boring, the lyrics are embarrassing, and it has the same issues with the vocals that Arcadia does. It is a terrible song. However i'm not getting the vibe Sweet will be like Beautiful, I def think it will be more similar to Love Song and Video Games, two songs I love :hooker:

i think beautiful has some good lyrics like "if i could be more like you i would but i can't and i'm glad about that" or "don't tell me to be glad when i'm sad" which i really like cause sometimes when we open up to someone they say "could be worse" trying to cheer you up but all they do is invalidate our feelings of sadness in that moment (that's my take on it at least)

and idk i like the idea of taking your negative emotions and turning them into art or into something productive cause it's not easy, it's about embracing yourself and the emotions that come with iit.

but i do agree on the production i hate the mixing it sounds like a live performance

im not trying to convince you to like the song ofc to each their own but i am gonna defend it, not her best song at all but doesnt deserve this much hate imo

sorry for the rant:oopna:

hating blue banisters will not make you pretty ♡

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

also beautiful is a great song not her best but still great the vocals are so perfect

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

On 1/28/2023 at 12:01 AM, Ocean Boulevard said:

I listened to this album on vinyl with headphones after a very long while drinking tea , lighting up a scented candle & being cuddled in , in a blanket :wowcry: It was so beautiful, cozy & very comforting , I know this album gets dragged alot & it isn't perfect but I'll love this album forever bc of moments like that :oprah: it even made me start drawing a landscape :trisha:

Also Cherry Blossom is such a beautiful lullaby & then Sweet Carolina after,  it felt like a hug but it also made me almost tear up a little:wowcry:

Cherry Blossom didn't hit that way in some time but I love it so much , idc if it sounds weird but if I ever have a pet or a boyfriend I gonna play them this song at night & sing it to them , there is something so caring & emotional but also comforting about it :wowcry:

For me Cherry Blossom and Sweet Carolina are like two sides of one coin, they're both lullabies but one is sad and kinda tragic ( Cherry Blossom) and the other one is light and happy (Sweet Carolina) and i am in love with Lana making lullabies :oprah: i used to sleep, listening to both of them depending on my mood, i appreciate them very much 

Spoiler

The trio is such absolute bottom barrel garbage tier shit I’m so glad it’s not going to sound like that because the only reason I can tolerate the trio is because she doesn’t sing on it

it literally sounds like a YouTube intro/outro song a 14 year old would remix on GarageBand to use in a warzone or fortnite montage  

4 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The trio is such absolute bottom barrel garbage tier shit I’m so glad it’s not going to sound like that because the only reason I can tolerate the trio is because she doesn’t sing on it

it literally sounds like a YouTube intro/outro song a 14 year old would remix on GarageBand to use in a warzone or fortnite montage  

thank you for being so brave n saying this :trisha:

Spoiler

the trio sounds like an amature white boy producer made it for a youtubers intro. 

7 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:
  Hide contents

it's still a fucking serve tho :awk:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

19 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:
  Hide contents

yeah, it really sucks and has no business on BB. the only reason i use it is bc i associate it with Lana flipping me off and being a bad b in the Arcadia video.

3 minutes ago, Rosemead said:

Y'all got this horrible song stuck in my head now :rip: the horns are an immediate jumpscare

it’s so bad but like I’m kind of moving 

5 minutes ago, Rosemead said:

Y'all got this horrible song stuck in my head now :rip: the horns are an immediate jumpscare

I can’t help it, I like it. It’s kind of fun when it comes on shuffle loud af while I’m driving. It’s embarrassing to think of other people hearing it, but I have fun nonetheless. :sluttybunny:

Holy shit I thought you guys were lying about Living Legend-Nectar Of The Gods-Cherry Blossom being YouTube Rips, but I just imported my FLAC version (bought from highresaudio.com) and decided to have Audirvana do a quick analysis, and compare "Cherry Blossom" to "Wildflower Wildfire" from the exact same import (both imported as FLACs): 

Screenshot-2023-02-13-at-10-18-41-PM.pngScreenshot-2023-02-13-at-10-19-07-PM.png

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹