Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

I still think that album should be a EP :judgingu:

But after many months title track grown on me so much so it’s a good thing :w8ing:

Also Black Bathing Suit should get MV and THUNDER ! Beautiful is a camp classic If you get it you get it 

Still her worst album… however if some of the tracks on Chemtrails and BB were combined to make a cute 12 track album it would be top 5 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

remember kids hating blue banisters will not make you beautiful

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Still her worst album… however if some of the tracks on Chemtrails and BB were combined to make a cute 12 track album it would be top 5 

Chemtrails and BB are nothing alike, they deal with very different topics. So no, Chemtrails is fine as it is.

10 minutes ago, heavensentslut said:

remember kids hating blue banisters will not make you beautiful

Now why would I want to be a flop song:trisha:

31 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

I love his reactions so much :oprah:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

10 minutes ago, Moloko Plus said:

Does anyone know where I could still snatch a color variant of this album at retail price online?

the white vinyl keeps going up and down in price on amazon - i would keep an eye out. at the moment it's around $70 but i've seen it be sold for $30 recently 

that's what happens when you're on your own

and you're alright with letting nice things go

2 minutes ago, babetteateoatmeal said:

the white vinyl keeps going up and down in price on amazon - i would keep an eye out. at the moment it's around $70 but i've seen it be sold for $30 recently 

Omg I’ve been wanting the white vinyl so bad!! I didn’t get it when they released because I thought they would be restocked😭 and they never were

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

Omg I’ve been wanting the white vinyl so bad!! I didn’t get it when they released because I thought they would be restocked😭 and they never were

yes just keep on checking! there was one seller who had a million of them and was selling them for $30 each on amazon while everyone else sold for $100. they were an angel 

that's what happens when you're on your own

and you're alright with letting nice things go

16 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

I love his reactions, im excited every day i log into youtube to see them lmao, especially because he's doing preachers daughter as well, hes going to be so gagged

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I’ve always been critical of Blue Banisters (the only LDR album I don’t love) but fate wanted me to eat crow by positioning me last saturday night in Lisbon’s biggest club with my friends and making me cross paths with my ex, whom I haven’t seen since we broke up… at the height of BB’s release. It was a very intense and emotionally overwhelming encounter, in which we both locked eyes, went to each other and hugged very very intensely, without saying a word. We barely talked during our exchange and yet I feel like we talked for hours and hours.

Going back home later that night, listening to BB (the album that inadvertently accompanied said breakup) made me appreciate the album’s earthy energy and somber tone a lot more. It’s unfocused, unfiltered and unpolished and yet it perfectly recaptures the feeling of coming down to reality after running out of breath by all the memories going in and out of your body. I cried for nearly an hour, letting the album flow all over me and I realized part of the reason I never revisited the album after the acute phase of my breakup was because there’s a lot of stuff there that’s hard to digest and process - it’s when you feel like you’re hit by a wall of bricks and need something to soundtrack that sensation of being torn apart and look at the mess that was made that the album’s quality shines through. I may not always return to it on a regular basis like I do with her other albums but whenever the universe plays very specific tricks on me, I know Blue Banisters will be there for me. It always has.

Just wanted to defend the album, sorry for the derailing the thread. I still think Tunnel is aiming for a different vibe altogether.

IMG-7960.jpg

I didnt really vibe with the title track nor Text Book even though I loved WW when they came out. Actually I haven't really been able to appriciate the other two sisters of the triplet singles until now. They are truly something special about them. And even though I wouldn't rank this album as my top 3 Lana album (I think) I listen to BB song basically daily (Which I "can't" do with any other Lana album, or album overall) and it's actually my most listened album. (so far this year atleast. And that I know bcs I got last.fm on the 1st of January lol) In other words... BB is still fresh as fuck despite its flaws. :oprah2: :wub:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy