Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

57 minutes ago, lmdr said:

I’m glad we’re all on the same page that Arcadia has some of her worst vocals ever

i don't know anything about music from a technical standpoint but i enjoy her vocals in arcadia and that's all that matters to me :really:

arcadia is probably one of my favourite songs on the album

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

Just now, margaret soty said:

Blue Banisters will always be a stain on Lana's discography. :awk:

Why though?

CB/LL/NOTG were highly praised before they were on BB.

Then you've career highlights like BB/WFWF/Thunder.

The rest are OK too. 

It isn't as bad as people make it out to be. 

Just now, lmdr said:

this is literally the first time I've witnessed OTTR slander :oprah2:

Her live version >>>>>>>>>

7 hours ago, George Parasol said:

I didn't mean to say her older songs are only about abusive relationships. The main issue I have is that people just keep repeating "world-building" and "less universal" ad nauseam without bothering to further explain. I can see the stories in the newer lyrics too, so I am just failing to grasp what people mean when they keep on mentioning those same phrases over and over. If someone can be gracious enough to actually explain what they mean more clearly, I will gladly concede.  

Well let’s see with a record as conceptual as Paradise we had the ever growing list of literary tie ins, samples that evoked an atmosphere, reverb on tha vocals (this one is an lol) like it’s the small things. If you don’t see it idk how to help you tbh. But there is a very clear shift in her lyricism and its POV. She began a cultural renaissance with her early work and now… we get a few nods to old music over a piano and dead hot air. I know Tunnel isn’t all piano ballads, and I know it’s not all about her family and friends. But for the last three albums it’s clear that she is no longer interested in writing about things that aren’t right in front of her, or provoking her. I mean she used to make the samples intelligent. Now she just rips things from YouTube and sings something over it. Idk. Not trying to dog on either style. But I just think it’s insane one could say Lana never had a focus on “world-building”, and “atmosphere” when we have single-handedly witnessed Bel Air.mp3….Yayo.mp3.. etc! The only atmosphere you will find on Chemtrails is the low hum of a humidifier in their recording studio…And the hot air of Jack’s piss poor mixing skills. :eartha: I mean the closest we get now is Jack leaving in a little vape puff crackle to try and emulate an atmosphere of some sort 

3 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Why though?

CB/LL/NOTG were highly praised before they were on BB.

Then you've career highlights like BB/WFWF/Thunder.

The rest are OK too. 

It isn't as bad as people make it out to be. 

they are still one of my favorites, but they should never have been in Blue Banisters lmao.

I've already said that the only thing I listen to from BB are the unreleased.

11 hours ago, Ramada Hydrangea said:

Glad I’m not the only one who is obsessed with this song :smile3:

Glad to hear. It's one of my Top Five all-time favorite Lana songs. I'm not saying it's objectively one of the Five Best Lana songs ever. But I never tire of it. 

2 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Well let’s see with a record as conceptual as Paradise we had the ever growing list of literary tie ins, samples that evoked an atmosphere, reverb on tha vocals (this one is an lol) like it’s the small things. If you don’t see it idk how to help you tbh. But there is a very clear shift in her lyricism and its POV. She began a cultural renaissance with her early work and now… we get a few nods to old music over a piano and dead hot air. I know Tunnel isn’t all piano ballads, and I know it’s not all about her family and friends. But for the last three albums it’s clear that she is no longer interested in writing about things that aren’t right in front of her, or provoking her. I mean she used to make the samples intelligent. Now she just rips things from YouTube and sings something over it. Idk. Not trying to dog on either style. But I just think it’s insane one could say Lana never had a focus on “world-building”, and “atmosphere” when we have single-handedly witnessed Bel Air.mp3….Yayo.mp3.. etc! The only atmosphere you will find on Chemtrails on is the low hum of a humidifier in their recording studio…And the hot air of Jack’s piss poor mixing skills. :eartha: I mean the closest we get now is Jack leaving in a little vape puff crackle to try and emulate an atmosphere of some sort 

Yeah, see again with the vague ass nonsense with unrelated bullshit sprinkled in a response to a conversation about her lyrics.

Just now, Veinsineon said:

Comprehension skills not found!

Writes a word salad which doesn't even answer the actual question and then complains about my reading comprehension. Maybe just learn to express yourself in a clear manner. 

11 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Well let’s see with a record as conceptual as Paradise we had the ever growing list of literary tie ins, samples that evoked an atmosphere, reverb on tha vocals (this one is an lol) like it’s the small things. If you don’t see it idk how to help you tbh. But there is a very clear shift in her lyricism and its POV. She began a cultural renaissance with her early work and now… we get a few nods to old music over a piano and dead hot air. I know Tunnel isn’t all piano ballads, and I know it’s not all about her family and friends. But for the last three albums it’s clear that she is no longer interested in writing about things that aren’t right in front of her, or provoking her. I mean she used to make the samples intelligent. Now she just rips things from YouTube and sings something over it. Idk. Not trying to dog on either style. But I just think it’s insane one could say Lana never had a focus on “world-building”, and “atmosphere” when we have single-handedly witnessed Bel Air.mp3….Yayo.mp3.. etc! The only atmosphere you will find on Chemtrails is the low hum of a humidifier in their recording studio…And the hot air of Jack’s piss poor mixing skills. :eartha: I mean the closest we get now is Jack leaving in a little vape puff crackle to try and emulate an atmosphere of some sort 

you're so fucking right:kiss::kiss2::kiss3:

2 minutes ago, George Parasol said:

Writes a word salad which doesn't even answer the actual question and then complains about my reading comprehension. Maybe just learn to express yourself in a clear manner. 

I’m sorry you didn’t care to even try. But alas it’s not that deep. Go for a walk my love , listen to Paradise and experience the world she built with it :kiss3:

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

I’m sorry you didn’t care to even try. But alas it’s not that deep. Go for a walk my love , listen to Paradise and experience the world she built with it :kiss3:

It's always a certain type of people with the moronic "it's not that deep".