Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

3 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

ALL ROADS THAT LEAD TO YOU AS INTEGRAL TO ME AS ARTERIES
THAT PUMP THE BLOOD THAT FLOWS STRAIGHT TO THE HEART OF ME

why do ppl say her vocals are bad on this song—

I think her vocals are pretty, especially when she says “lost little girl”. People act like she is screeching on this track lmao

I listened to Blue Banisters today after a LONG time, and it's actually not bad... it's still at the bottom of my ranking - but songs like Blue BanistersIf You Lie Down With Me, Dealer, Thunder, Wildflower Wildfire and those from 2013 are still very good. :um2:

lowkey a beautiful stan… it’s so simple but so pretty and makes me romanticize my life. what i love about lana’s newer stuff is that it’s simpler in lyrical form, but not in a bad way. i just feel like she romanticizes the simpler things in life lately. it really does feel relatable, in my opinion. i just love her confessional writing style so much. it’s like she’s an old friend who just tells us stories about her life. idk if this makes sense to anyone else, but:bebe:

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Idk how people can truly dislike this album. Like so many of these tracks are amazing and unique. Like why are so many people so eager to hate on a great Lana project lmao 

The thought of listening to albums full of just piano ballads sounds sorta boring but when I listen to and immerse myself in the album it's makes me sooo sentimental 

4 minutes ago, lanadelreysfridge said:

The thought of listening to albums full of just piano ballads sounds sorta boring but when I listen to and immerse myself in the album it's makes me sooo sentimental 

Even better, it's not close to being full of just piano ballads.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

58 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Idk how people can truly dislike this album. Like so many of these tracks are amazing and unique. Like why are so many people so eager to hate on a great Lana project lmao 

it's not one of the best, but it's not "bad" either. I just wish some songs had a better mix. :creep:

although If You Lie Down With Me and Thunder are among my favorite Lana songs.

3 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

it's not one of the best, but it's not "bad" either. I just wish some songs had a better mix. :creep:

although If You Lie Down With Me and Thunder are among my favorite Lana songs.

I definitely agree, sometimes you just have to overlook from of the small things and really just enjoy the project as a whole, because it really is full of beautiful music and if it was properly done would be up there with albums like Honeymoon or Norman 

8 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I definitely agree, sometimes you just have to overlook from of the small things and really just enjoy the project as a whole, because it really is full of beautiful music and if it was properly done would be up there with albums like Honeymoon or Norman 

lately I have learned to love it. :xcry:

this album should have been released in the springtime. literally every song on here has such spring vibes (except maybe dealer). it just feels like renewal and fresh air. every time i relisten to this album i feel like it means something new to me. blue banisters title track is just so special and both feels so devastating and heartwarming. i just wish everyone would stop hating so hard on it :trisha: especially on songs like arcadia. the hate for that one is so forced to me.

giphy.gif

This album is truly the sister to Ocean Blvd and I looove thinking about their bond :wub: Blue Banisters is diurnal, campy and botanical, and I think of it like a scrapbook, like a collage of moments and eras. Ocean Blvd is nocturnal, existential, unpredictable, and more like a long string of thoughts, shifting moods and metaphors. The imagery of her awake in bed in the dark is very evocative of this concept. BB is a restless day, OB is a sleepless night. I love these 2 albums oh my God!!!

Violets for Roses is beautiful :krylie: the 'aaah ahh ooohh' vocals are cute. I don't get the hate for the masks off lyrics, like weren't you happy that the pandemic was slowly over? 

Tbh I hate when people tell others what to think about this album, like just let us enjoy it :creep:

2 hours ago, bluedealer said:

Violets for Roses is beautiful :krylie: the 'aaah ahh ooohh' vocals are cute. I don't get the hate for the masks off lyrics, like weren't you happy that the pandemic was slowly over? 

Tbh I hate when people tell others what to think about this album, like just let us enjoy it :creep:

Violets for Roses is gorgeous and the only reason people put it in the same bag as Beautiful is because they're placed together on the album lol

27 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Violets and Roses is gorgeous and the only reason people put it in the same bag as Beautiful is because they're placed together on the album lol

no i think its the lines about masks n the pandemic that are super corny :oic2: i absolutely love the melody n the chorus is gorgeous but some of the lyrics make it unlistenable n cringey to me

1 hour ago, bluedealer said:

'VFR' is one of my all-time favorite LDR songs, along with 'Ride,' 'Old Money,' 'Yosemite,' and 'If You Lie Down With Me.' I never, ever tire of it. As you said, it's beautiful and the COVID lyrics make it of its time. And the melody is simple but subtle and magical. Full agree about the "aaah aah haas" which drive the song home and are actually its climax. Enjoy it.

BB remains my most-played LDR album.  

1 hour ago, bluedealer said:

pls the masks off lyrics are my favorite part of the song :teehee: 

takes me back to those weird ass years :true:

Capture.jpg