Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

626 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

24 minutes ago, nosorangegrape said:

i pretty much never double click on interlude or violets for roses. should've never made the album. dealer, thunder, wfwf are flawed but still low tier. so sad she neutered thunder but at least we still have the superior version.

shut up rat

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

35 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

That bitch ass fuck face The Observer just gave her a 60/100 review.

Damn, we really need a 9/10 or even a 10/10 right now. Why is there still only 16 reviews at this point? :trisha:

There are only 14 reviews at the moment on Metacritic, what score did she get aside from the 60/100 from the Observer?

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

7 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

There are only 14 reviews at the moment on Metacritic, what score did she get aside from the 60/100 from the Observer?

i saw it on AOTY. 

~ Dance me all around the moon,

spin me like a ballerina - super high ~                                               

evee-dancing.gif

4 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

i saw it on AOTY. 

Thank you! The other one is a 80/100 from the Rolling Stone, so it’s pretty good. It’d be cool if the album could keep a score higher than 80/100 on Metacritic, but it’ll need more reviews above that score. Some 9/10 or 10/10 would be nice

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Hey y’all haven’t really been in the post thread much cuz I been going through it. The album is beautiful tho! Strange how lanas music always makes me feel such a spiritual connection to something, like we are on the same emotional frequency. She said something in her live about channeling through her music that really struck a chord with me the other day. This felt like sweet sweet revenge and I ate it all up. Definitely one of her most experimental in all aspects. So many references within herself yet such a crisp matured sound with lyrics that have that same bite that we’ve all been wanting yet over some of the most intimate instrumentals.

intricacy can definitely be found in the mellowness of the record, def not simple. Lana is in her element. Her most raw work imo def a grower in general but I see something so so special in this album. The tears were streaming yall

Just now, FallingCherry said:

Thank you! The other one is a 80/100 from the Rolling Stone, so it’s pretty good. It’d be cool if the album could keep a score higher than 80/100 on Metacritic, but it’ll need more reviews above that score. Some 9/10 or 10/10 would be nice

That bitchass metacritic hasn't even included the Rolling Stone 8/10 Review & Northern Transmission 8/10 review yet

evee-dancing.gif

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

One thing this era taught me is to avoid leaks when possible. Similar to Honeymoon, I’d argue this record is best when listened to from start to finish as a cohesive work. 

I think my initial indifference toward the album would have been avoided had I not just skimmed through the “unheard” songs when they leaked. 

I definitely have a greater appreciation for it now, and I’m almost considering avoiding future singles until the entirety of LDR9 is out:smokes:

I’m definitely thinking the same, both NFR and BB hit me a little less off the bat for me purely because I’d already developed a relationship with a good chunk of the songs (I say that whilst also recognising they both contain some of her best work). Man will it be hard though - though I guess hopefully at this rate I won’t have to wait too long 😂

dealer sounded so familiar to me and I finally realised today that the verses of this song are very similar to M*les' verses:

i think it's a coincidence bc I doubt Soko could've randomly heard dealer before making this song but nonetheless kind of inch resting I just wanted to point this out

also I feel like parts of this album especially dealer and thunder are extremely Angel Olsen-esque like she's been listening to all mirrors I know it. as she should and as I predicted in the pre-release thread along with the fetch the bolt cutters flavour like uggh my mind!

9 minutes ago, honey dew said:

also I feel like parts of this album especially dealer and thunder are extremely Angel Olsen-esque like she's been listening to all mirrors I know it. as she should and as I predicted in the pre-release thread along with the fetch the bolt cutters flavour like uggh my mind!

Endgame and Chance are so gorgeous, whoever produced those needs to work with Lana stat.

Though does anyone else get like a strong Cat Power vibe from BB? Songs like BBS, IYLDWM and Violets for Roses especially make me think of songs like The Greatest and Lived In Bars.

5 minutes ago, cherryblossoms said:

Endgame and Chance are so gorgeous, whoever produced those needs to work with Lana stat.

Though does anyone else get like a strong Cat Power vibe from BB? Songs like BBS, IYLDWM and Violets for Roses especially make me think of songs like The Greatest and Lived In Bars.

she's always been influenced by Cat Power <3

evee-dancing.gif

9 hours ago, uhauIjoe said:

This IS her BEST album. No question about it. Just a few songs from here blow any other album of hers out of the water. I thought she would never top Honeymoon but here we are. WOW

Please…that is literally just the same new album euphoria. 

8 hours ago, uhauIjoe said:

This IS her BEST album. No question about it. Just a few songs from here blow any other album of hers out of the water. I thought she would never top Honeymoon but here we are. WOW

No doubt it's an early judgement, yet I'm feeling similar regarding it. Even if a few songs aren't amongst my favourites from her, the album remains her most mature, honest and strongest one yet. Never thought she was going to top Honeymoon either, yet... Yes, BB happened <3

Finally listening to this album on vinyl & wow it's a whole new experience. I'm transcending:wowcry:

' I think I need to add that song, "Dealer ", where I'm just sreaming my head off. People don't know what it sounds like when I yell. And I do yell.':scream:

And she finally did:gurl: