Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

But the album isn't even underperforming like ?? There are thousands of artists out there that would kill to have Lana's numbers. Even labels would kill to have an artist like Lana that doesn't need much budget and still manages to maintain a loyal fanbase, critical acclaim and good sales 8 albums into her career (and don't forget how good her tours do too). 

US first week sales were fucked because of the physicals but the full numbers will be good anyway.

Lana is set for life (just with BTD royalties) and she does this cause she loves the music. She could have the biggest flop of the universe, get dropped by her label and still continue to put out records every year so who cares

:silly:

giphy.gif

I hadn't listened to any of the older, unreleased songs on the album before it came out, but I can tell they aren't as lyrically or sonically complex as the new songs.

I love them, but the album as a whole is stronger with them removed. I don't want them removed because they are seriously great, but they definitely feel like they are from a different time.

Give me White Dress, Chemtrails, Tulsa, and Dark but just a Game and take out the old songs from BB, and you have her best album.

Yes, even Dealer

1 hour ago, Taylor Secman said:

You’re missing the point, i don’t understand how you’re not seeing the correlation between people enjoying music and streaming numbers, if the fan base liked this album they would be listening to it like constantly streaming the songs because they want to keep hearing it, and people are simply not streaming the songs because probably they just don’t like the album all that much

Also this argument against streams not equalling quality simply isn’t true especially for poets which Lana prides herself as being, in the words of Lana’s own favorite poet Walt Whitman: “The proof of a poet is that his country absorbs him as affectionately as he has absorbed it”

Seeing my own Last.Fm streaming numbers I’m barely listening to this record and thats reflective of the general listening numbers of me and my friends who have been long time fans of lana, from personal experience and what I’m seeing in numbers from this record

You said previously that Blue banisters is “what keeps us stay and keeping up with her” and i was using streaming nunbers to say you’re wrong, people definitely wanted to keep up with her in the past and thats evident when she was debuting with 100k a week for every other album, how could you say this album is what makes us want to stay keeping up with her with only 25k people, more people would be streaming this album if we wanted to keep up

i feel like you are hung up on the 25k opening numbers. Are they bad? Yes but you do realize they are so low because her physical sales are not counted in this week right? She would be debuting with 50-60k if they were. Which is still a significant drop from her previous 100k+ debuts, but not terrible.

Also, I feel like her label is very relaxed with this release. They haven’t even restocked the vinyls on her website. Lol

These twinks be acting like 25k is Lana's downfall while "Dealer" is doing super good as an alternative song that  DOES NOT FOLLOW pop formula AT ALL (it even has 4:34, too long for nowaday's song length standard). And  always remember: THIS ERA DOESNT EVEN HAVE PROPER PROMOTION, LANA DEACTIATED EVERYTHING 1 MONTH PRIOR TO THE ALBUM RELEASE and THEY ALREADY EXCLUDED THE PHYSICAL SALES - that's your 25k.

Y'ALL just need to know how to stfu and enjoy the album. Jesus.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

6 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

These twinks be acting like 25k is Lana's downfall while "Dealer" is doing super good as an alternative song that  DOES NOT FOLLOW pop formula AT ALL (it even has 4:34, too long for nowaday's song length standard). And  always remember: THIS ERA DOESNT EVEN HAVE PROPER PROMOTION, LANA DEACTIATED EVERYTHING 1 MONTH PRIOR TO THE ALBUM RELEASE and THEY ALREADY EXCLUDED THE PHYSICAL SALES.

Y'ALL just need to know how to stfu and enjoy the album. Jesus.

Ngl I didnt expect Dealer to perform so well

6 minutes ago, COCC said:

Let us do sum witchcraft sis. We might getting another Summertime Sadness moment.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

If Lana is able to get an hit with an album that has 0 promo and with her account deactivated I will piss my pants, like who is doing like her!? And she is even in track to get another #1 on the UK chart.

7 minutes ago, COCC said:

Manifesting Dealer [cedric gervais remix] ft Pitbull. 

Blue Banisters might be Chemtrails redemption.

Mark my words. I'm not playing.

1 minute ago, lanalizzielove said:

This guy gives such cute nerdy vibez lol 

Yasss, we do love seeing people shook by Lana's screaming vocal & Interlude- the trio

haven't read this thread since the album released and it astounds me how much more i enjoyed the album without people trying to make my opinion up for me.... :true:

if you're seriously that concerned with sales idk go join lanas team or sumn

:wub: just listen to and enjoy the album :wub:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

25 minutes ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

i feel like you are hung up on the 25k opening numbers. Are they bad? Yes but you do realize they are so low because her physical sales are not counted in this week right? She would be debuting with 50-60k if they were. Which is still a significant drop from her previous 100k+ debuts, but not terrible.

Also, I feel like her label is very relaxed with this release. They haven’t even restocked the vinyls on her website. Lol

They’re waiting for people to get desperate, Then pull a Weeknd & charge $60 for a 2LP! :sass:

And being the bitch I am for vinyl, If there is a new variant…

:bebe:

IMG-3521.jpg