Jump to content
Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

623 members have voted

  1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

    • Text Book
      174
    • Blue Banisters
      191
    • Arcadia
      183
    • Interlude - The Trio
      103
    • Black Bathing Suit
      359
    • If You Lie Down With Me
      308
    • Beautiful
      149
    • Violets for Roses
      215
    • Dealer
      358
    • Thunder
      347
    • Wildflower Wildfire
      225
    • Nectar of the Gods
      192
    • Living Legend
      216
    • Cherry Blossom
      153
    • Sweet Carolina
      198


Recommended Posts

This album is such a grower. I just like it more and more each day. Still think that it's a little too long for being so slow and we needed at least one more Dealer/BBS to balance it out.
So far my album rankings are:

1. NFR 100/100

2. U 95/100
3. P 90/100 (I will never understand why gays hate it. And each time I ask no1 is answering)

4. BTD 80/100 (highs are unmatched but as an album I can see it falling in few weeks)

5. BB 80/100 (coming for that 4th place)

6. H 75/100 (songs after Freak are just kinda there)
7. COCC 75/100
8. LFL 55/100 (have no idea how and why this album happened)

So technically looks like I'm a BTD twink.:flop:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, alexandro said:

I’m so glad that I never listened to Living Legend because it’s one of my favorites from the album, I’m obsessed :angie:

 

That said, I wish I hadn’t overplayed Cherry Blossom because I would have been snatched if this was my first time listening to it. 

 

this, i'd never not listen to a leak (sorry lana) but i've listened to nectar, CB, and LL sooooo much before the record was even announced and i'm kinda bummed i didn't get the chance to know them as part of BB (maybe it'll still happen, but it'll months/years).


aOaIzH2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, your dealer said:

Like the Paramount sign sparkling,

 

sparkling just for me

 

5gi5.gif

 

wait didn't lana take/post a pic of the paramount sign sometime in the past few years? trying to find and also love this lyric too


aOaIzH2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, salvatore said:

reminds me of how she refers to nfr as norman/normy/

i think in her livestream she called BB "blue"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

‘Ever since I fell out of love with you I break dance to the back beat’ 

 

the image of Lana breakdancing :magikarp:now lives rent free in my head 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i think in her livestream she called BB "blue"

that's really cute but she's destined to always be wrong about her own music so banisters it is

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

This album is such a grower. I just like it more and more each day. Still think that it's a little too long for being so slow and we needed at least one more Dealer/BBS to balance it out.
So far my album rankings are:

1. NFR 100/100

2. U 95/100
3. P 90/100 (I will never understand why gays hate it. And each time I ask no1 is answering)

4. BTD 80/100 (highs are unmatched but as an album I can see it falling in few weeks)

5. BB 80/100 (coming for that 4th place)

6. H 75/100 (songs after Freak are just kinda there)
7. COCC 75/100
8. LFL 55/100 (have no idea how and why this album happened)

So technically looks like I'm a BTD twink.:flop:

You rated BTD fourth and paradise 3, how does that make you a BTD twink

Second, saying the songs after freak are just there is DISRESPECTFUL to Religion AND Blackest Day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, War In My Mind said:

 

Second, saying the songs after freak are just there is DISRESPECTFUL to Religion AND Blackest Day

especially because freak sucks when freak like me demo exists

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:


i feel like you are hung up on the 25k opening numbers. Are they bad? Yes but you do realize they are so low because her physical sales are not counted in this week right? She would be debuting with 50-60k if they were. Which is still a significant drop from her previous 100k+ debuts, but not terrible.

 

Also, I feel like her label is very relaxed with this release. They haven’t even restocked the vinyls on her website. Lol

Subtract her physical sales from all her first sales of her past records, and blue banisters is still the lowest selling by a long shot, what now? Whats not clicking the sales are bad? No artist from a major label record like interscope should be selling 25k 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this sales/streaming argument still not over yet? It's been hours at this point :coffee: Get over it. Once again, listening to Lana (or any artist for that matter) should be about enjoying the music, not her sales record. If you want to complain about Lana's sales, then boo-fucking-hoo. What else is there to say about it anymore? 


drop me off at the copacabana 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corona said:

What is all this fighting here oh my god

 

do y'all stan Lana because she's commercially successful? It's so clear that neither she or her team care a lot about chart placement, she's just giving us her beautiful music (TWO times this year). This is what matters, so I will never understand why some here care about her chart success more than her own team.

 

And to those who say that we, who enjoyed this new record, are not real fans - literally get a life. Whether the songs on BB are West Coast/Ride etc level is PURELY subjective and you really shouldn't care about the opinion of others. Let people enjoy things, this toxic behaviour reminds me of the hellhole that the Star Wars fandom is right now.

Absolutely don’t stan Lana for her chart placement, I would stan Lana for her mystique, her ability to create exotic unique cinematic music, she used to make music that sounded like a glamorous soundtrack to a film of her life, she was able to mix different genres and samples, that usually don't go together, into a song and album that surprisingly harmonizes well

 

the mystique is dead, she doesn’t even fully go by lana now and signs messages with her birth name, has been narrating the same tired diary entry songs, almost no editing, songs aren’t even properly mixed and differ between platforms, w the exception of a few songs on the new record its more of the same piano ballad that the people on this website tell themselves is her evolving as an artist when really she’s been doing almost the same thing for 3 records now, 2 at the keast 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some of the meltdowns in the previous pages have more to do with people realizing this is just Lana’s new sound. Jack wasn’t pushing this piano agenda, she wants piano. And while she is still definitely experimenting (dealer, bbs), she’s taken a turn out of the BTD and UV era, with a few homages sprinkled now and then. 
 

that Lana sound ain’t coming back and BB solidifies her decision to keep playing in the music sandbox of experimentation and complex, vulnerable writing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Taylor Secman said:

Absolutely don’t stan Lana for her chart placement, I would stan Lana for her mystique, her ability to create exotic unique cinematic music, she used to make music that sounded like a glamorous soundtrack to a film of her life, she was able to mix different genres and samples, that usually don't go together, into a song and album that surprisingly harmonizes well

 

the mystique is dead, she doesn’t even fully go by lana now and signs messages with her birth name, has been narrating the same tired diary entry songs, almost no editing, songs aren’t even properly mixed and differ between platforms,

then stop stanning and caring about her and just listen to the old work from her you find good :oprah3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CmonDownToFL said:

She keeps implying things about her karmic lineage & stuff like that, I wonder if she means her ancestors were like terrible or something   

In the livestream she said that she hopes no one will ever look up her family records because they would find horrible things so yeah it's fair to surmise there are some skeletons in the closet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wildheart said:

I think some of the meltdowns in the previous pages have more to do with people realizing this is just Lana’s new sound. Jack wasn’t pushing this piano agenda, she wants piano. 
 

that Lana sound ain’t coming back and BB solidifies her decision to keep playing in the music sandbox of experimentation and complex, vulnerable writing.

 

Bingo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Creyk said:

In the livestream she said that she hopes no one will ever look up her family records because they would find horrible things so yeah it's fair to surmise there are some skeletons in the closet.

That's exactly what not to say when you don't want people looking shit up about your family :eartha2:


68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f41744c2d356f7875696b666c6d513d3d2d3839303934323431312e313631316334653631393464653163373335323839373737333734352e676966

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, wildheart said:

I think some of the meltdowns in the previous pages have more to do with people realizing this is just Lana’s new sound. Jack wasn’t pushing this piano agenda, she wants piano. And while she is still definitely experimenting (dealer, bbs), she’s taken a turn out of the BTD and UV era, with a few homages sprinkled now and then. 
 

that Lana sound ain’t coming back and BB solidifies her decision to keep playing in the music sandbox of experimentation and complex, vulnerable writing.

I disagree that she is experimenting, and the songs are not complex, her writing is very much simple and more autobiographical like literally a diary entry and direct inner monologue, she’s definitely going for the less is more route which is like fine, she wants a simple life and these are simple songs about the her every day life, nothing more

 

this isn’t like experimentation I think she’s just settled into her new sound and this is it, its where she’s comfortable at as an artist, i don’t see her experimenting with new sounds and her last 3 records show that she isnt going to really experiment, we’re going to be seeing more piano 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...