Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

624 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

4 hours ago, Taylor Secman said:

She’s written about things that aren’t entirely real in the past but she’s actually still writing about things that aren’t entirely real now too. Throughout her songwriting she’s always used her lyrics as a method of manifestation for things she wants in her life, when she was living in a trailer park she’d write about living in the glamorous part of hollywood and diamonds, getting fame noteriety and rivera’s etc, and these were often fantastical ideals that made the music to me at least very interesting. They became true for her when they manifested themselves eventually with the weird way the universe works or whatever she’s been able to get the things she writes about, almost prophetic

k6d6gdhyhul11.jpg

now she’s still trying to manifest a simple life, “give me children take away my pain”, “i’ve got a kid and two cats in the yard”, “A simple life, I chose this”, these things may not have manifested yet but she’s still writing about things that aren’t entirely real in an attempt to like bring them into her life but there really is not much interesting about the imagery she’s associated her songwriting with currently it isn’t fantastical or as you said dreamy, theres nothing too exciting about a simple life with a child and being in the backyard but it is what she thinks will give her happiness 

There’s nothing too exciting about a simple life with a child in a backyard and yet here you are in a fansite of hers. Do you enjoy being a contrarian just for the sake of being? How can you even fathom the idea that the songs in these past 3 records aren’t complex just because it doesn’t suit your Lolita fantasies? How can you say she’s not experimenting with her sound when you have TB, Dealer and BBS as prime examples of an experimentation within her own sound? At this point you’re just babbling things that make virtually no sense. Just say you’re not as interested in the themes she’s exploring and move on?

LOVE-STREAMS.png

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

fantano's bb review is coming tonight

the way i've been fearing this review. i just know he's going to destroy her for comparing herself to Picasso and percussion clusterfuckery on BBS

he said IYLDWM was "just ok" so idk. he does not historically have the most nuanced appreciation for her music

2 hours ago, blackestday89 said:

i trust mike. he will turn the next album into a dark trap summer night's dream. it's going to explode and she's going to freak out. she has already let out the mess on dealer and bbs.

i kind of think lana just told him to do something weird on WW and he was like uhh ok ill add some cruncy drums. 

same energy as when she told jack to really go wild with them chemtrails production and he just like added audio errors and a little subtle autotune lol

69e472d4c535ecd7e87ce6b312ca32e3.gif

z619e8546a1fbc.gif

42 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

People would tear AKA apart if it got re-released 100%. Especially songs like QOTGS, Brite Lites, PMIAM and Smarty

tbh if ANYONE else put out PMIAM they would be hailed as brave and revolutionary bc its so obv satire ab past trauma but bc its her, ya she would get torn to shreds. ppl never gave her the benefit of the doubt when she wrote "provocative" lyrics which is so sad bc a lot of the things she's been criticized for sharing obviously come from a place of past suffering and pain.

69e472d4c535ecd7e87ce6b312ca32e3.gif

z619e8546a1fbc.gif

1 hour ago, Super Movie said:

People would tear AKA apart if it got re-released 100%. Especially songs like QOTGS, Brite Lites, PMIAM and Smarty. The only tracks I can see the GP liking are Pawn Shop Blues and Kill Kill.

i'm not dying for an official release of aka, but i'm very curious on how it would be received, how critics would review it and how big some of the songs would become. tiktok loved put me in a movie so it would probably become one of her top songs

oh, i was driving to the album earlier. Only got up to and through Violets for Roses, but man, that song, Text Book and Beautiful sound STUNNING on a car ride. Especially Beautiful. I was shocked because I thought it would be the song I needed to turn up the volume the most to hear (that was Arcadia and Black Bathing Suit, which you need to turn your volume to almost the max to hear clearly) but nope. Crisp and fresh :oprah3:

Can't wait to listen to the rest tomorrow. :hair:

8lvz7w8.jpg

2 minutes ago, alexandro said:

5/10

He dragged BBS, Beautiful, Dealer and Textbook 💀 

His favorites: BB, Arcadia, Thunder

He also didn’t like the vocals on most of the album. 

Didn't watch, but didn't he like Text Book when the singles came out and call it "abstract?" Lol

8lvz7w8.jpg

2 minutes ago, alexandro said:

5/10

He dragged BBS, Beautiful, Dealer and Textbook 💀 

His favorites: BB, Arcadia, Thunder

He also didn’t like the vocals on most of the album. 

A rat. Not even gonna give him a view 😊