Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

I've been listening to the album several times now, while driving to the city in my car, while making lunch to my baby, while cleaning the house.... and I've got to say this is my favourite album since Honeymoon. I was never big on the piano songs on NFR and COCC, but the piano-driven songs on BB are so pure and beautiful in their honesty and simplicity. I love how honest, raw and unflinching Lana is on this album and really appreciate the way she weaves mundane daily things into something so beautiful in her songs.

It's so strange but for years now I have felt that I am on a similar path to Lana... When I started listening to her music when UV came out, I was in a very depressed, lonely, isolated, confused place in my life, and UV reflected that and offered me a lot of solace. When LFL came out, I had got a job, a boyfriend, had a new direction in my life, and I felt that LFL reflected that as well. NFR I felt reflected my mindset I had developed where I just understood that in order to enjoy life I just had to say fuck it and enjoy life for what it was. And now with BB I feel it reflects a lot of the things I have been feeling and thinking about this year, such as how to live life where I can be authentic to myself, how can I truly let go of anxieties, worries and traumas, and just enjoy daily life in all its beauty with my friends and family :typewriter: :whatever:

What I've learned about Fantano throughout the years is that he hates fun :true: So yeah, I couldn't give less of a shit about what he thinks 

imageproxy.jpg

yeah i dont think fantanos take was that great. i understood where he was coming from with some of his points (especially when he said that some of the tracks sound unfinished bc technically they were bc she literally put the leaked demos from youtube on there) but i love the album. plus i think he and all other critics cannot stop comparing her albums to NFR… its so annoying like get over it. 

5 hours ago, honey dew said:

i just feel so lucky to be in the minority of people  (basically just us) who are the closest to fully understanding what Lana is doing, it would be so sad if she was just another alt girl to me. I'll never unstan because of what she has created, which is art and just a perspective that speaks to my soul like nothing ever has. Fantano and a lot of people will never know the feeling and thats so sad for them but it makes me feel so thankful LOL :flutter:

exactly love 

if I could be more like you, I would 

But I can’t and I’m glad about that :oprah3:

faSE.gif

why do people always care so much about what that bald man says,, he’s literally some guy with a youtube channel. there are so many men that hate lana’s music lol what makes him so special why is his opinion and music taste so important to people

qfrWuBl.png

1 hour ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

and I think WW losts its magic when i play the album in order since it's between Thunder and NoTG

this is an interesting take because personally i felt like wildflower wildfire worked so well between thunder & nectar of the gods. especially right before nectar of the gods, i do think lyrically they're so perfect beside each other and sometimes i almost even forget how old nectar of the gods is because it just belongs beside wildflower wildfire but then again we all do have a different listening experience. it's just interesting how completely opposite we can all see the same things. i love it.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

First of all, who gives a shit about what Fartman Fandango Fuckface Fantano has to say? Not I!

And I find it hard to believe Elizabeth is holding her breath, impatiently & anxiously waiting for him to reveal his opinion on BB :lmao:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

After watching the bald man's review and reading some posts on Reddit over the past few days, I find it ridiculous/funny that people are not getting Dealer. Like I could understand someone not liking the sound but saying she's failing to belt or that her higher register is shaky when she is OBVIOUSLY screaming/yelling and not trying to sound "good" is just silly to me. How can people not realize it, it's like they shut off their brains when they listen to Lana's music? lol

Don't you see fuckface Fanato will never understand her? That goes for all the other stuck up rats who review albums and think they're some sort of grandeur music critic when in reality the only people watching them (for the most part) are 14 year olds and other insecure men who need to adopt opinions as their own to seem more interesting. 

Also, I'm cackling at the only person here agreeing with him being the Lana body shamer who said if we like BB we aren't real fans. The jokes are writing themselves :ohmy:

22 minutes ago, CmonDownToFL said:

First of all, who gives a shit about what Fartman Fandango Fuckface Fantano has to say? Not I!

And I find it hard to believe Elizabeth is holding her breath, impatiently & anxiously waiting for him to reveal his opinion on BB :lmao:

I love that you said “Elizabeth” :oprah:

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

How can we get Lana to make a video for Dealer? :candy:

By asking for a video for every song except Dealer. Only then will she do it. Reverse psychology  :true: