Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

1 minute ago, Urbanney said:

now make them all play at the exact same time

that would be hell trying to time the tapes, vinyls, and cds all at the same time. omg and then also on my phone and ipad too. it'll summon lana:mj3::squidward:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I’m really curious to hear a fan who can play saxophone do an actual sax solo in Living Legend in place of lana’s vocals since she said that’s what she was going for on her livestream 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

2 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

Debuts #2 in UK..

Fuck elton John and his messy desperate collabs for streams. 

Maybe homophobia isn't that bad after all... :pout:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Okay this is definitely the album I’ve found it hardest to get into from Lana and have least desire to return to upon release. I find the vocal delivery pretty drab too often 😟 and the intentional decisions to be more unpolished and less produced and a little off kilter have me thinking “I wish she would’ve just polished this in a way it would be more palatable” but that’s just what she’s going for so 🤷‍♂️

For example when she was singing clips from songs like Living Legend and Cherry Blossom on her livestream, I thought they sounded better than the album versions! There was so much brightness and clarity to her voice acapella on a livestream that isn’t present on the studio recordings.

It also doesn’t help that I’m so in love with the original version of Thunder that I feel like the album version really pales in comparison and removes a lot of the atmosphere that made me love the song so much in the first place. 

Her best album cover though! 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

And now my blue banisters are...

greeeeeen and graayy ahaaaaaa  :wub:

I'd argue this is like... in her top 5 emotional moments of her discography. It's painfully bittersweet.

The outro to Lie Down With Me lives in my head absolutely rent free. I don’t think it has been out of my head since the first time I heard it. 

Violets for Roses is such a bittersweet song and I absolutely love it, definitely my number 1 off the album :wub:

I’m not even mad beautiful is only piano and stringless, the piano is absolutely beautiful and I think the strings kind of wash it out. 

BBS being grenadine quarantine and if this is the end… is super iconic and I’m so glad we got them, I’ve wanted them since she teased them last May!

A super unpopular opinion but I never really loved or understood the hype for Thunder but it’s another one of my favorite songs, the strings are so haunting. 

I really wish she would have reworked NOTG, LL, and CB. Even a string or horn added to each would have been nice. It’s so weird how the first half of the album (minus beautiful and BB) is so full and richly produced and then after thunder it gets a little flat. (And I say this as a #1 NOTG fan). It also drives me insane that LL and CB start on the same chord and they both start with piano. I get them confused every time! (Lie down with me also starts very similarly to them but it’s far enough away I don’t really notice)

Overall a very very solid Lana album.  

"Don’t forget me"

Blue Banisters escalated so easily in her discography until becoming my favourite :true: 

I honestly thought it wouldn't just because we've had some of these songs from years ago but hell I was wrong! :wowcry: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

5 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

I'd argue this is like... in her top 5 emotional moments of her discography. It's painfully bittersweet.

it totally is. I don't LOVE the song but i appreciate it and I do love the whole ending. its one of her best. The summer comes winter goes parts always make me cry

3 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

Debuts #2 in UK..

Fuck elton John and his messy desperate collabs for streams. 

TEA! 

i re read the Rolling Stones interview she did with him for NFR & was proudly claiming how in touch he is with “numbers and streams” and he clearly knows what he was doing / did …….. 

I want to smoke a cigarette for like 30 minutes now but I still haven't because I can't decide to which BB song I should smoke bc they are all so good & I want to smoke to all of them at the same time:trisha:

Lemme contemplate for another 30 minutes. Lanas impact :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

33 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

editor in chief of interview magazine just posted this on his story.. magazine cover soon perhaps 

FC5Q5gLXEAgvM_B?format=jpg&name=large

INTERVIEW BABY THANK YOU I LOVE YOU:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

39 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

I want to smoke a cigarette for like 30 minutes now but I still haven't because I can't decide to which BB song I should smoke bc they are all so good & I want to smoke to all of them at the same time:trisha:

Lemme contemplate for another 30 minutes. Lanas impact :trisha:

get a pack of herbals and chain smoke the entire album

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da