Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

18 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Well, I'd take the glamour and the melody of Young & Beautiful over the screatching-cat histrionics in a plaid shirt any day. But it's good to see Blue Banisters has this many fans...

i'm not the biggest bb fan either but "screeching-cat histrionics" is sitting REAL badly w me lol giphy.gif

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

Well, I'd take the glamour and the melody of Young & Beautiful over the screatching-cat histrionics in a plaid shirt any day. But it's good to see Blue Banisters has this many fans...

why do you hate Lana being happy

Hi. Pls go back to 2012.

I love Lana, and I loved Chemtrails. But I do feel like BB was an unnecessary, quickly put-together release that does nothing to further her career both sonically and especially not as a pop star. The zero-wave traction territory she's in right now is pretty embarrassing when you consider she's the same person who wrote Born to Die. I just think she's lost a certain willpower, a certain spark, which is reflected in a complete lack of big songs, hits, good-quality music videos, promotion, and even the negligent way she dressed up to do Arcadia. It's like she's stopped caring. And it's tough for a die-hard fan to endure this BB era (undoubtedly her worst-ever era, even worse than Chemtrails).

Lana has been deliberately separating herself from the mainstream pop scenery since 2018. I think it's time for people to stop thinking that she's gonna be back there -seems impossible at all after BB, but let's see-. Imagine thinking Fiona Apple could be back to making conventional, easy to hear melodies after The Idler Wheel. Na, just not that feasible -as it showed on FTBC-. I think that Lana is going through a simmilar road right now. She's evolved a lot since BTD days and I just cant picture her making commercially friendly music again.

There is a German online music station that plays music wishes from users:

https://wunschradio.de/

You can only wish for three songs from an artist in a day, and they have to be at least three hours apart.

So which group of three songs from BB would you play in the morning, at noon and in the evening?

For example, today I would take Blue Banisters, Beautiful and Nectar Of The Goods because they all have a reference to the color blue.

49 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

So which group of three songs from BB would you play in the morning, at noon and in the evening?

Today it would be Living Legend, Black Bathing Suit and Dealer. cuz i need to fucking scream or i’ll die :trisha:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

52 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

There is a German online music station that plays music wishes from users:

https://wunschradio.de/

You can only wish for three songs from an artist in a day, and they have to be at least three hours apart.

For example, today I would take Blue Banisters, Beautiful and Nectar Of The Goods because they all have a reference to the color blue.

Morning: If You Lie Down With Me

Midday: Thunder

Evening: Dealer

mUENGN9.png

4 hours ago, barttttender said:

I love Lana, and I loved Chemtrails. But I do feel like BB was an unnecessary, quickly put-together release that does nothing to further her career both sonically and especially not as a pop star. The zero-wave traction territory she's in right now is pretty embarrassing when you consider she's the same person who wrote Born to Die. I just think she's lost a certain willpower, a certain spark, which is reflected in a complete lack of big songs, hits, good-quality music videos, promotion, and even the negligent way she dressed up to do Arcadia. It's like she's stopped caring. And it's tough for a die-hard fan to endure this BB era (undoubtedly her worst-ever era, even worse than Chemtrails).

in my opinion, blue banisters is much more ambitious than chemtrails and it does a much better job at serving sounds she has never done (BBS and dealer especially). and i don't think having 4 different album covers, all shot professionally is a sign of lacking willpower. yes she was a lot more determined with BTD or LFL, but because she wanted them to be big, blue banisters is not meant for being #1 on the billboard hot 200 chart, it's her diary, her own story through music. she was never a pop star

someone on my insta fanpage just commented asking what happened to lana and why she quit the industry (?) and i just told them about blue banisters and they didn’t even know :wowcry:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

6 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

thinking about when lustforlife said beautiful sounded like flipside :eartha:

Didn't they also say that Black Bathing Suit was a rock song and an "invite"? :coffee: 

It might have been If You Lie Down, I honestly can't keep their "info" straight

imageproxy.jpg

12 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

6 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Didn't they also say that Black Bathing Suit was a rock song and an "invite"? :coffee: 

It might have been If You Lie Down, I honestly can't keep their "info" straight

yes and also they said beautiful had surf rock influences :trisha:

faSE.gif

32 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i was too busy praying on arcadialovesong2018's downfall. these were dark times

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

1 hour ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

u know i'm not that girl giphy.gif u know i'll never be giphy.gif

Burnt by fire without trial like a StOwAwAy 

giphy.gif