Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

649 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

Lol this is maybe the most Canadian exp I've ever had but... I never bothered to look up the lyrics for IYLDWM and totally thought she sings, "Get into your truck and pick me up, EH."

I even got a bit like ":oic2:" when that part would come, with the North in me moving.

:wtf3:

shards.gif

13 minutes ago, Venice said:

Lol this is maybe the most Canadian exp I've ever had but... I never bothered to look up the lyrics for IYLDWM and totally thought she sings, "Get into your truck and pick me up, EH."

I even got a bit like ":oic2:" when that part would come, with the North in me moving.

:wtf3:

every time i listen to lana say "be a gentlemen...pick me up athEUIGHT" im wondering why she didn't just say "pick me up again" . it. literally. rhymes. 

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

41 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

every time i listen to lana say "be a gentlemen...pick me up athEUIGHT" im wondering why she didn't just say "pick me up again" . it. literally. rhymes. 

cause it's date night bby  :makeup:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

47 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

probably because some of her bfs used to pick her up at eight and she wrote that in her diary :true: or she just improvised that :true: adding little things like that makes it more authentic :true: something a real artist would write :true:

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

3 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

blue banisters is now 79 on metacritic

Hide contents

STOP THE COUNT

came in at number 8 in sales -  her worst album performance ever. Not surprising with lame singles like Arcadia and zero hits.

1 hour ago, lover said:

probably because some of her bfs used to pick her up at eight and she wrote that in her diary :true: or she just improvised that :true: adding little things like that makes it more authentic :true: something a real artist would write :true:

That and she used an AB, AB rhyming scheme :true:

I seal it with a kiss,

And it goes like this:

”Baby, love me, too”

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

came in at number 8 in sales -  her worst album performance ever. Not surprising with lame singles like Arcadia and zero hits.

Without physicals. 

With physicals sure top 3. Bye

3 hours ago, barttttender said:

With poor streaming numbers and no vinyls. Most of COTCC’ sales came from vinyls, most of Lana’s sales in general come from vinyls. She performed really well without them, 33k is not bad at all considering it’s her second album this year and she did little to no promo for it.
Now if you REALLY care about the charts, you should maybe worry about Elton who wasn’t even able to outchart Lana with a collaborative album that includes Nicki Minaj and Dua Lipa.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

8 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

With poor streaming numbers and no vinyls. Most of COTCC’ sales came from vinyls, most of Lana’s sales in general come from vinyls. She performed really well without them, 33k is not bad at all considering it’s her second album this year and she did little to no promo for it.
Now if you REALLY care about the charts, you should maybe worry about Elton who wasn’t even able to outchart Lana with a collaborative album that includes Nicki Minaj and Dua Lipa.

I love Lana, and I loved Chemtrails. But I do feel like BB was an unnecessary, quickly put-together release that does nothing to further her career both sonically and especially not as a pop star. The zero-wave traction territory she's in right now is pretty embarrassing when you consider she's the same person who wrote Born to Die. I just think she's lost a certain willpower, a certain spark, which is reflected in a complete lack of big songs, hits, good-quality music videos, promotion, and even the negligent way she dressed up to do Arcadia. It's like she's stopped caring. And it's tough for a die-hard fan to endure this BB era (undoubtedly her worst-ever era, even worse than Chemtrails).