Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

I can only imagine how amazing the tracklist would've looked like if we got COCC and BB as one album!

Blue Banisters Under The Chemtrails Over The Country Club:

1. Blue Banisters

2. Chemtrails Over The Country Club

3. Textbook

4. Tulsa Jesus Freak

5. Wild At Heart

6. If You Lie Down Next To Me

7. Not All Who Wander Are Lost

8. Violets For Roses

9. Yosemite

10. Dealer

11. Wildflower Wildfire

12. Living Legend

13. Wild One (I just had to add it :)  )

D.png

10 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

now it's thunder vs bbs, as it should be :true: i truly think thunder (album version) is the superior version - it is so atmospheric and complex, and i love the cinematic melody of the strings so much, especially towards the end. it sounds like a holiday party gone wrong. and its tone leads into wildflower wildfire much better than otherwise

i do miss the demo though. i played it so much and it had such a 60’s vibe to it. i do love the album version too, luckily i have both. my boyfriend likes it too which means he can stay. thunder (demo) wouldn’t have fit on any album of lanas other than TLSP one without it being changed so i guess i’m glad she changed it. 

1 hour ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

now it's thunder vs bbs, as it should be :true: i truly think thunder (album version) is the superior version - it is so atmospheric and complex, and i love the cinematic melody of the strings so much, especially towards the end. it sounds like a holiday party gone wrong. and its tone leads into wildflower wildfire much better than otherwise

Literally, Thunder is a highlight and it deserves it's recognition as one of the best on the album.

I hope no one gets mad but

Spoiler

Dealer is a very cute, fun song but to put it above everything else on this album sounds so silly to me. I love TLSP so this song was a treat but most of the song is Miles so that's another reason I can't see myself putting it at the top of the list over all the other beautiful songs on this album. 

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

58 minutes ago, Jessica Apple Bottom Jean said:

I can only imagine how amazing the tracklist would've looked like if we got COCC and BB as one album!

Love this idea. My ideal tracklist would be:

Spoiler

1. White Dress

2. Blue Banisters

3. Wildflower Wildfire

4. Thunder

5. Dealer

6. Tulsa Jesus Freak

7. Living Legend

8. Cherry Blossom

9. Not All Who Wander Are Lost

10. Yosemite

11. Nectar Of The Gods

13. Wild At Heart

14. If You Lie Down With Me

15. Black Bathing Suit

16. Sweet Carolina

It’s long, but I think I would rather this long album of no skips (in my opinion) compared to the two we got, that have a few songs I could care less about. I like that lot’s of the songs have that acoustic feeling toward the end of the record, and there’s a focus around nature and adventure. Finally the album climaxes at BBS and then closes with Sweet Carolina (mimicking what she did with FMWUTTT / Old Money) :party:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

1 hour ago, bewhitehotforever said:

i do miss the demo though. i played it so much and it had such a 60’s vibe to it. i do love the album version too, luckily i have both. my boyfriend likes it too which means he can stay. thunder (demo) wouldn’t have fit on any album of lanas other than TLSP one without it being changed so i guess i’m glad she changed it. 

i think she could've meshed the 2 versions into one. i'm not a music producer but my idea (if anyone wants to do it) is

demo version drums kicking in → piano and strings from the original version with the xylophone mimicking the melody → first verse and pre-chorus of the official version → drums kicking in for the demo version, but with no backup singers or electric guitar → second verse of the demo version → first pre-chorus of the official version with the guitar higher → backup singers come in "at the rainbow's end" → demo version chorus with the guitar → mashup of the two versions of the bridge and the chorus, having the violins as well → lana joins the backup singers singing in the same tone as them in the end → ends with the piano and the xylophone

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

This might be unpopular but I love Beautiful so much:wowcry: it's one of my favourite piano ballads ( Violets For Roses too):oprah:

There is something about Beautiful that touches my soul & I'm still so obsessed with the raindrop piano :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I know this is off topic but I literally cannot figure out how to post a status to ask this: are we able to block people on here or only mute? 

OTT: Everyone who was said I only liked the album because it was new was right. Now that it's been a few weeks I no longer like it, now I fucking love it and it joined the holy trinity. :true:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

2 minutes ago, CmonDownToFL said:

I know this is off topic but I literally cannot figure out how to post a status to ask this: are we able to block people on here or only mute? 

OTT: Everyone who was said I only liked the album because it was new was right. Now that it's been a few weeks I no longer like it, now I fucking love it and it joined the holy trinity. :true:

damn papi who are we blocking :popcorn: (if you hover over someone's username you can press ignore which i think acts like blocking - i've never used it tho so someone correct me if i'm wrong)

mUENGN9.png

6 minutes ago, Pineapple B00ST said:

it's so amazing the entire album horror-levitate.gif

:wowcry:

winnie-pooh.gif

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: