Jump to content
Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

652 members have voted

  1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

    • Text Book
      185
    • Blue Banisters
      201
    • Arcadia
      191
    • Interlude - The Trio
      111
    • Black Bathing Suit
      378
    • If You Lie Down With Me
      323
    • Beautiful
      152
    • Violets for Roses
      223
    • Dealer
      370
    • Thunder
      359
    • Wildflower Wildfire
      241
    • Nectar of the Gods
      197
    • Living Legend
      226
    • Cherry Blossom
      158
    • Sweet Carolina
      204


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, White Hot said:

It's just so good I can't believe she's been holding onto it for all these years

The playful horns at the end...perfection. And the horns get more playful towards the end. 

 

In whatever form it previously existed, I'm glad it never leaked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FallingCherry said:

If we’re being objective, production wise, COTCC is a better album, and it’s extremely cohesive, on the other hand BB is the strongest lyrically and the storytelling is brilliant. The production on some tracks is like whatever, mostly the unreleased ones excluding Thunder. And again, I’m not talking about personal preferences, because I personally prefer BB as a whole, but objectively the production on BB isn’t as rich or lively as on Chemtrails. Overall, I’d still say BB is the superior album because the production is still amazing, simply quite not on Chemtrails’ level

nothing to add, just boosting this post :kiss3:


75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The music industry made some of u guys so dumb that u look for cohesive polished even in works that don't have that intention.  Lana did a job to catalyze all the chaos we're going through.  all arts can be problematic and messy but when you think about music you all the time charge for cohesion and works that make sense

 

expand your mind


Lust For Dead   large.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

The music industry made some of u guys so dumb that u look for cohesive polished even in works that don't have that intention.  Lana did a job to catalyze all the chaos we're going through.  all arts can be problematic and messy but when you think about music you all the time charge for cohesion and works that make sense

 

expand your mind


says the person who pretends to be an insider for attention

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for me its cus she sings a lot more assuredly on this one. chemtrails is great for meandering and in a way is kinda like a more local lust for life when u think about it, but bb's like a calmer, more mature, even kinder uv. sweet spot 


1wT9S58.gif gJ98bsd.gif RAixAXz.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

chemtrails had WAY more instrumental diversity than blue banisters but they were details and not an actual part of the song, ykwim? if blue banisters had the instrumental diversity cocc had but more present in the songs, it would be over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

If we’re being objective, production wise, COTCC is a better album, and it’s extremely cohesive, on the other hand BB is the strongest lyrically and the storytelling is brilliant. The production on some tracks is like whatever, mostly the unreleased ones excluding Thunder. And again, I’m not talking about personal preferences, because I personally prefer BB as a whole, but objectively the production on BB isn’t as rich or lively as on Chemtrails. Overall, I’d still say BB is the superior album because the production is still amazing, simply quite not on Chemtrails’ level


And this is why BBS would perfectly fit on COCC imo, having the most intricate and complex production on BB… Imagine opening the album with White Dress and closing it with Black Bathing Suit, a concept!


Lanarat.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

If we’re being objective, production wise, COTCC is a better album, and it’s extremely cohesive, on the other hand BB is the strongest lyrically and the storytelling is brilliant. The production on some tracks is like whatever, mostly the unreleased ones excluding Thunder. And again, I’m not talking about personal preferences, because I personally prefer BB as a whole, but objectively the production on BB isn’t as rich or lively as on Chemtrails. Overall, I’d still say BB is the superior album because the production is still amazing, simply quite not on Chemtrails’ level

Rt

Now, 2 hot takes:

-> COCC > BB

-> I don't care about the IYLDWM horns, I like them, they're cute, but that's all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:


And this is why BBS would perfectly fit on COCC imo, having the most intricate and complex production on BB… Imagine opening the album with White Dress and closing it with Black Bathing Suit, a concept!

Also, imo BBS and IYLDWM should've been on COCC, specially the later one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what next ? :D 

BB is a very good album but honestly I kinda want more like cmon. 
NFR! Was that ALBUM and that ERA :fabcat:Maybe her next album(not cover album) will be more promoted and will have more "rich" production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tbh lana kinda gives terrible fire safety advice :horror:

 

if you're on fire, you're on fire :whatever2:

you should just keep burning :illumilana2:

 

whatever happened to stop drop & roll????? :what: like girl you're gonna get people killed! :crying5:

&before i accidentally give any "journalists" ideas, this is clearly a joke


75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lustforlife said:

Go f*(k urself and forget me ur dumb ass s&it

but did they lie?????? Girl pipe down you flop

16 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

NFR! Was that ALBUM and that ERA

can we please stop comparing every album of hers to nfr, its getting obnoxious, we get it yall have better music taste and critics thought it was her best move on

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody here with musical theory knowledge could let me know if there are any common harmonic patterns in How to dissapear and Violets for Roses? The latter reminds me a lot of the first but I cant really pinpoint on why...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, V3rmillionV3rnz said:

but did they lie?????? Girl pipe down you flop

can we please stop comparing every album of hers to nfr, its getting obnoxious, we get it yall have better music taste and critics thought it was her best move on

 

I wont aswer a troll with 46 posts sorry


Lust For Dead   large.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...