Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

30 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

do you think we’ll get another music video for this album or nah :wtf3:

I still love the idea of an IYLDWM video with Father John Misty. Full circle from Ultraviolence/Freak :flutter:

Don't think that will be happening though :yawn:

A little visual for Cherry Blossom with her on that swing in her yard would be so cute as well :wub:

1 hour ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

we’ll get a homemade one 2 years from now in the same fashion as this one except it’ll be for Beautiful and will feature her painting a canvas blue & hanging it on her wall

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

we’ll get a homemade one 2 years from now in the same fashion as this one except it’ll be for Beautiful and will feature her painting a canvas blue & hanging it on her wall

I would like to see it bitch

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

6 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

we've been blessed with no less than three videos in the last few months (plus the live performance at Colbert), so give her some time :popcorn:

istg you can’t even ask a simple question without people thinking you’re stressing lana I WAS JUST ASKING 

scream-at-ride-by-lana-del-rey-g6hzk2dd4

8 hours ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

There will be another one for sure, if not IYLDWM, I bet on Thunder or Cherry Blossom, but also any other song is possible.

I just watched the Lana Colbert performance. It was beautiful and the vocal performance was flawless, but I don't understand why she always does the prerecorded performances that look like MV. I don't consider it a true live performance since pre-recorded allows for taking multiple takes, splicing them together, pitch correction, etc. I'm not saying Lana does all these things but that's just the impression that it gives when she submits a prerecorded performance instead of sing for a live audience. What's weird is that Lana is fully capable of singing for a live audience and she does it perfectly at her concerts. I feel like Lana is still traumatized by her SNL experience. I hope she can move past that and give a truly live TV performance again. I would love to see her return to SNL to redeem herself.

15 hours ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

I just watched the Lana Colbert performance. It was beautiful and the vocal performance was flawless, but I don't understand why she always does the prerecorded performances that look like MV. I don't consider it a true live performance since pre-recorded allows for taking multiple takes, splicing them together, pitch correction, etc. I'm not saying Lana does all these things but that's just the impression that it gives when she submits a prerecorded performance instead of sing for a live audience. What's weird is that Lana is fully capable of singing for a live audience and she does it perfectly at her concerts. I feel like Lana is still traumatized by her SNL experience. I hope she can move past that and give a truly live TV performance again. I would love to see her return to SNL to redeem herself.

I get you. To me, these performances are basically music videos. I'd love a true live performance but I understand why she doesn't want to do it. Though BB live would probably kill me and I know she'd sing that one flawlessy :flutter:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

I can totally understand why she'd never sing the title track and more of the album bc it just feels so personal. even the catchier tracks like Text Book and Thunder 
bbs might be toned down, not sure the gp would be for IYLDWM. a performance of Beautiful would be so surreal. and also, exposure would sort of be a bit inconsistent w the theme of wanting to stay away from the limelight, which gets me thinking of more homemade videos waaay down the line. 

the album's incredibly already so solid to not need anything else, but at the same time, it'd be nice to crown it w some more era memories

UV/Honeymoon

15 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

The fact that she released her 3 most acclaimed projects in the span of 3 years is so impressive :crying4: (even though I'm sure that HM would have been received better if it came after NFR)

And I'm sure noone would have cared for CoCC if it wasn't for NFR :bebe:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

16 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

The fact that she released her 3 most acclaimed projects in the span of 3 years is so impressive :crying4: (even though I'm sure that HM would have been received better if it came after NFR)

Yeah, these are just numbers. UV destroys COCC in every possible way. 
Just how mad should you be to listen to 1 - 5 tracks on UV and rate it below 75.:flop: