Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

She's gonna be a favorite within deeper music circles. Her stuff's just too influential and carries a lot of substance that's been recycled itself in the forms of other more popular artists. I really can't name another artist in the scene rite now that does music just like she does.

Still cant choose proper favorites bc i love what each track brings to the album its actually kinda shocking 

UV/Honeymoon

2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Putting The Trio on the album, especially after Arcadia, was a CHOICE. 

and an INCREDIBLE one! :sass: we needed a quick ass shake to get settled in before the rest of the album 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

11 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Putting The Trio on the album, especially after Arcadia, was a CHOICE. Does not fit the vibe at all. 

To me it does, Arcadia is Lana expressing her sadness and pain and then The Trio is more about expressing anger, like she’s been through enough and puts her middle finger in the air for all the people who’ve been hurting her

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

2 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Blue Banisters actually ages like good wine.

While I was realyl excited about it when it came out, I was unsure whether I'd like it on the long run. But right now, I reeeeally enjoy listening to it

Me too. I haven't tired of it in the least. It still sounds absolutely fresh to my ears, like all her best music. 

11 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Putting The Trio on the album, especially after Arcadia, was a CHOICE. Does not fit the vibe at all. 

i'm dying to hear her logic behind this one. it's the same energy as images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQti_3hBJWwjjWdQPoAM4q tbh not that i mind troll lana

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

50 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

i'm dying to hear her logic behind this one. it's the same energy as images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQti_3hBJWwjjWdQPoAM4q tbh not that i mind troll lana

12 hours ago, Urbanney said:

1 hour ago, FallingCherry said:

To me it does, Arcadia is Lana expressing her sadness and pain and then The Trio is more about expressing anger, like she’s been through enough and puts her middle finger in the air for all the people who’ve been hurting her

it’s been said before that the album is ruled by threes, that the first three tracks chronicle the entire album and the trio interlude is basically like a -roll credits- / -lift curtains- moment for the rest of the record

as for the sound….

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQti_3hBJWwjjWdQPoAM4q

51 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

I really want this cover for RSD 2022. That would be so iconic. Especially if that ends up being the version with the blue vinyl. The meltdowns. Hahah

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

3 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Blue Banisters actually ages like good wine.

While I was realyl excited about it when it came out, I was unsure whether I'd like it on the long run. But right now, I reeeeally enjoy listening to it

Completely agree 🖤 I’m liking it more and more with each listen, and there’s no sense of “I’m making myself consume this”. Same with Chemtrails, have a new appreciation for it now that it’s fall here.

I have to agree with others here. I find that BB has a lot of replay value and I often find myself constantly going back to listen to it. With NFR and COCC, I pretty much stopped listening to it a week after their release. I just don't know what's so different about this album, but it's very solid. 

Also upon further reflection, I think Lana shouldn't have included The Trio on the album because it's too jarring to be placed with the other songs. I would prefer if she put it on an album where the rest of the songs are in keeping with the whole vibe and sound of The Trio. I'm still eagerly waiting for her spaghetti western magnum opus!

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Blue Banisters is like a fine wine to me. Of course I loved it when it came out, but after this first month or so, it's become an album I see aspects of my own life in. It hits deeper now. And oddly enough, I can't help but wonder if the sharp changes and juxtapositions in sound throughout the album were done on purpose because of the time period(s) the songs were written about. This is probably her most personal record along with Ultraviolence in my opinion. It's just so beautiful. Even the tracks that aren't in my top five or anything are tracks that I adore. 

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, Dominikx4 said:

the way i havent listened to this in weeks... lanas weakest album to date? me thinks so

That spot will always belong to Lust for Life I think. 

I listened to this album for the first time in weeks when my vinyl finally arrived a few days ago. It still sounds fresh to me. My top 2 Lana albums are NFR and UV while LFL is last but other than that I find her albums so hard to rank. They are all pretty equal to me  

The run from Arcadia through to Thunder... Damnnnnn

Might be my favourite album run from her since Ultraviolence's first half... 

Spoiler

Arcadia

The Trio (Interlude)

Black Bathing Suit

If You Lie Down With Me

Beautiful

Violets For Roses

Dealer

Thunder

i love the trio and dealer, i think if it weren't for them the album would sound too long winded and one tone, it adds a dash of pop and energy imo

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The Trio honestly fits so well I can't believe people are still acting like it doesn't :true: It's a perfect little gut punch after announcing her pained departure in Arcadia before the deep dive she takes in Black Bathing Suit.