Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

i love lana so much and every single one of her albums but i have not touched blue banisters in months! i don’t even bother to listen to it, i just skip it. hopefully it’ll grow on me - as i can clearly see, she’s definitely taking her time :toofloppy:

What’s interesting about BB is that most of the songs I originally gravitated to are still the ones I listen to the most. This is pretty atypical for me because some songs inevitably end up growing on me, or even less common: some will fade from interest. But overall my taste has remained pretty consistent. Thematically I’ve really enjoyed the Zach Dawes work the best, so I’m hoping they continue to partner up and make beautiful music :party:

I listened to this album again after a few days & it hit hard :trisha: I was stunned by every single song,  it was amazing :wowcry: Was on the edge of crying a few times bc I enjoyed some songs so much:defeated:

Idk what it is but I love this goddamn album still so much :true::krylie:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I asked this in the wrong thread, I think. But does anyone know if Lana is doing a 2nd batch of Blue Banisters vinyls (and perhaps new color variants/the same variants)? It's genuinely so hard to find a copy and I don't get it. :trisha:

9 minutes ago, LUCARTPOP said:

I asked this in the wrong thread, I think. But does anyone know if Lana is doing a 2nd batch of Blue Banisters vinyls (and perhaps new color variants/the same variants)? It's genuinely so hard to find a copy and I don't get it. :trisha:

i swear to god if she doesn't... there was like a 10 second period where they were available and then just silence. i can't i want them all :crai:

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

this is how this album should be.

The Album Arcadia

arcadia

1. Living Legend(ultraviolence version)

2. Your girl(original version)

3.Arcadia (original version)

4.Serene Queen (original version)

5. Violets for Roses (ultraviolence version)

6.Dealer(solo lana version)

7.Wildflower Wildfire (original version)

8.Thunder(original version)

9. Trio interlude

10.Black bathing suit (born to die version)

11. If you lie down with me (original version)

12. Fine China (original version)

13. Roses bloom for you (reworked -roughly like there)

singles:

1.Arcadia

2. Wildflower Wildfire

3. Thunder

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

This is how this album should be:

1. Text Book

2. Blue Banisters

3. Arcadia

4. Interlude - The Trio

5. Black Bathing Suit

6. If You Lie Down With Me

7. Beautiful

8. Violets For Roses

9. Dealer

10. Thunder

11. Wildflower Wildfire

12. Nectar of the Gods

13. Living Legend

14. Cherry Blossom

15. Sweet Carolina

:true:

I don't want to sound delusional, and it's just my 2 cents but I genuinely feel like this could be a trinity Lana album. I have been enjoying this and it sticks for a long time. I also think it is my favorite title track because I love how tender and ethereal the instrumental sounds during the chorus. It's really A+ in my book and when I first listened to it, I couldn't believe it since I wasn't very blown away. 

Hi BB, still listening to you on repeat.

Its funny how this album is exactly divisible by three, bc that is exactly how I have come to listen to it (though sometimes I start w trio, BB, IYLDWM, bc its incredibly powerful to walk to). Each three songs are a section for me.

Just a thought about Nectar, LL, CB transition:

In Nectar of the Gods, we see she is lost and trying to find her way. The only instrument is guitar. In Living Legend, her legend helps her to find her way. There is guitar and piano. The guitar is still the wild lost Lana, piano sounds more stable and it is her living legend training her. In Cherry Blossom, she becomes the voice that gives advice and becomes someone else’s living legend. Now the only instrument is piano and that’s her.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

I still fail to see this album as a full body of work. NOTG, LL and Cherry Blossom not being reworked at all and having vocals from almost a decade ago fully takes me out of the album experience. And the fact that those 3 songs are 128kbps and probs youtube rips makes it even worse... I wish she just reworked those like Thunder. She could've at least done a new vocal take. If she was able to record Change and add it to LFL last moment she could've done the same with a song like Cherry Blossom like...

qfrWuBl.png