Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

My little thoughts on Blue Banisters - track by track:

1. Text Book:

Not Lana's best opening but obviously did a great job in setting up a whole atmospheric aura for the album. The song literally makesme feel like i'm sitting close to her at a bonfire and listening to her stories. 7.5/10

2. Blue Banisters:

i have to confess that this one was my least favourite out of the triple release. But not because it was a lack of effort, it was because of her attempt of trying to fit to many words in one line, sonically, it sounds force and lack of smooth cohesion in melody-wise. But that was months ago, now thanks for the m/v, i'm slowy growing fond of this track. Also, i love the spacey atmospheric tone towards the end of the song. 7/10

3. Arcadia:

The same issue with Blue Banisters - Lana at some point gets too wordy in her lyrics, too many syllables in just one line sometimes make the song goes forced. Nevertheless, the melody of this song is so well-composed, solid & kind of soul-wrenching (yes, i tear up everytime i hear "they built me up 300 feet tall, just to tear me down" & really just want to give her a hug 🥺). In the other hand, as wordy as the lyrics, this song feels like a poem consists her thoughts about fame struggles, gives me Violet vibes. 8/10

4. Interlude - The Trio:

This is like a celebration of whoregasm in a very historical / middle-wild-west/ communist way with a dope ass trap beat style. I wouldnt complain if this album had trap, polished pop sounds driven, but since it didnt, i don't see the point of including this here. The lack of "Lana's sauce" in production-wise as we usually found in trap influenced projects like Honeymoon / L4L sort of broke the album cohesion slightly. But well, I understand why some people might like it.

As stand-alone track: 8.5/10

As an album interlude: 4/10

5. Black Bathing Suit:

It's simple - and i said it before imma say it AGAIN: This artpiece is literally A.K.A+ BTD/PE + UV + HM + L4L + NFR! + COCC all in ONE. I still dont know how tf she do this BUT SHE DID IT. And it works so perfectly that i am actually terrified of her craziness (yes, she gets mad towards the end, living for it bitches) :lange:

To those who constantly complain Lana "losing her authenticity" / "i want old Lana back" /"born to die 2.0" and all that type of stuff, shame on you if you decide to shit on Black Bathing Suit. She literally gave you what you asked for! Be grateful for Gods sake. 9.5/10

6. If You Lie Down With Me

An adorable sequel to Lizzy's "On Our Way" ♡♡♡ 10/10

7. Beautiful

The "raindrop" piano intro is what JACK antonOFF wishes to do. Melody-wise, this song reminds me of Folklore era of Taylor. The lyric really lives up to its own title. 8.5/10

8. Violet for Roses

This gave me strange, bittersweet feeling of nostalgia. Reminds me of the first time i heard "Video Games" and discovered Lana on 2011 MTV PUSH (my fifth grade) 😭🙏 . Once again, the piano of this song is a living proof that shows how badly Jack's Piano lacked soul in the last project. 8/10

9. Dealer

"I DONT WANNA LIVEEEEEEEEE, I DONT WANNA GIVE YOU GIVE YOU NOTHING"

This song screams camp (literally a SCREAMER,  can't wait to torture my neighbour on drunken depressed karaoke nights in my "party for one" meltdown). 10+++/10 (I've actually grown fond of Miles Kane lately).

10. Thunder

Another bonfire cold night on the beach anthem that i always NEEDED. People been bashing the remake but i LOVEEE the violins (yes, the violins in this song really said "WE ARE GIVING YOU VIOLENCE") - chills & thrills at best. 9.5/10

11. Wildflower Wildfire

It's album release date to day. Can we stop the WW unecessary hate for good already? God these people. 9.5/10

12. Nectar of the Gods

I don't care what y'all saying about this track. It's my baby child forever and i will protect it at all cost from ur ruthless slanderings (even i wasnt its biological mother but who tf cares) 😡😡😡. Hold you close to my soul since the "leak", keep you in my heart to infinity & beyond. 10/10

13. Living Legend

Sweet baby Jane really has her moment to shine. Still a beautiful song tho. Glad that she decided to keep the electronic-distroted "woaow woaow waow grawogggg" towards the end. 8.5/10

14. Cherry Blossom

Not her best lullaby & some say it sounds boring because there's just once again, piano for this track. But regardless of the simple production, this song never fails to make me feel like i'm in a ghibli movie scene, taking a nap under a cherty blossom, feeling nutured by mother of nature. 7.5/10

15. Sweet Carolina

This song literally shows that Lana herself is full of love running in her veins. 9.5/10

Overall — its a 8.4/10 for me. A one heaven of experience, but not just a "Lana experience" - it's the one aspect of Lana that we've never seen before. It was a privilege for me to get to discover & witness her growth as an artist. And I agree with Pitchfork, quoted: "LDR's 2nd album of the year is a sweeping survey of her talent as a songwriter, stripped of the aesthetic borders she often places around her work". 

As a die-hard stan since Born to Die. I am so proud of her, like really. :trisha:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Good morning, I stayed up til 2:30 last night to listen through the album after working on a school project, I have no complaints, it’s a 10/10 album to me and the new Thunder is stunning and fits in so well with the rest of the songs. Sweet Carolina made me weep. :xcry:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

7 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

What is Sputnik review score??

4.2/5

Yeah that’s surprising, but we’ll take it

edit: wait is that the users’ score? :deadbanana:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

2 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

5. Black Bathing Suit:

It's simple - and i said it before imma say it AGAIN: This artpiece is literally A.K.A+ BTD/PE + UV + HM + L4L + NFR! + COCC all in ONE. I still dont know how tf she do this BUT SHE DID IT. And it works so perfectly that i am actually terrifying :lange:

To those who constantly complain Lana "losing her authenticity" / "i want old Lana back" /"born to die 2.0" and all that type of stuff, shame on you if you decide to shit on Black Bathing Suit. She literally gave you what you asked for! Be grateful for Gods sake. 9.5/10

6. If You Lie Down With Me

An adorable sequel to Lizzy's "On Our Way" ♡♡♡ 10/10

Overall: its a 8.4/10 for me. A one heaven of experience, but not just a "Lana experience" - it's the one aspect of Lana that we've never seen before. It was a privilege for me to get to discover & witness her growth as an artist. And I agree with Pitchfork, quoted: "LDR's 2nd album of the year is a sweeping survey of her talent as a songwriter, stripped of the aesthetic borders she often places around her work". 

I AGREE with these specific review points. BBS is all her combined. No complains. 6. I was trying to figure out what it reminded me of. Yes. OOW. Overall a great Lana experience.

The last times I actually struggled to vote for favourite songs were for UV and Honeymoon. 

Every track from BBS to CB was a wild ride. Started of very strong and it gradually picks up from there. 

The least favourite for me is SC, but even that is not a terrible song by any means. 

My favourite moments were definitely the outro for BBS and the lyrics for both Beautiful and VFR.

Such an amazing album! 

nF70D0F.png

1 minute ago, xlanax said:

Where is the new album announcement? 

LDR9 title announcement // Tomorow :krylie:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing