Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

9 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Not THIS is a well written review" Although I personall rate the album higher, I agree with a lot of it

Especially

Returning to elements of her earlier releases and rejecting the one-tone cage her latest albums were beginning to sound like, 'Blue Banisters' seems like a reclamation.

And

Playing the same chords and singing in her same tone, this might be one piano ballad too far for less lyrically-inclined listeners.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Imagine the meltdown when Complex rates "Blue Banisters" > 8/10 :hair: 

Anway, does Spin hate her after that "go fuck yourself" incident tho?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I genuinely do believe that reviews are written the way they are because of the personal headspace of the author at the time and the the gossip or whatever surrounding the artist at the time... for example chemtrails is a good album and it's going to be more critically acclaimed than blue bannisters, which I feel is obviously superior

Black Bathing Suit is my favourite! That’s classic Lana! I wish the album sounded more like it’s pre chorus :trisha:

I love Dealer too, it reminds me of a mix of Stargirl + Hallucinogenics :eartha2:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

I hope people come around to the tracklist. "Nectar of the Gods" is being underrated af, when it's one of the best things she's done - but following it up with "Living Legend" had me in tears. I haven't cried like that with one of her songs since "California" the first time I listened to NFR, and I think having it follow "How to disappear" is partly why that had me such a mess.  

so excited to see her on Colbert late show

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

6 minutes ago, bewhitehotforever said:

hey guys, i’ve been lurking since cocc leaked (lmao) but i decided to join the day  the chaos begins after the release of blue banisters! glad to be part of the crazy family now!

welcome bb

For the first time I just don't know where to rank this album since I like it so much. It's so easy to listen to. 

Likewise, I love all the tracks except one. I did a ranker to see what tracks I liked the most and the results if anyone cares:

Spoiler
  1. Black Bathing Suit
  2. Beautiful
  3. If You Lie Down With Me
  4. Thunder
  5. Nectar of the Gods
  6. Sweet Carolina
  7. Living Legend
  8. Cherry Blossom
  9. Blue Banisters
  10. Dealer
  11. Text Book
  12. Arcadia + The Trio
  13. Violets for Roses

15. Wildshit

Mike Dean . . . hyped up for no reason. Why did it take four people to write the worse song of the album.

3lfQEhw.png

BB is incredible. In a couple of weeks, I’ll go back to Chemtrails since both albums seem to be about family / chosen family in a way. Love BB and it’s my top 2 album from her, alongside UV and HM. 
If You Lie Down With Me is a masterpiece.

BBS is just so chaotically incredible and représentative of the times we are living in. Thunder feels brand new. Dealer is straight up UV juice. Beautiful and Violets are two of her catchiest melodies ever. 
it’s the last songs that I connect a little less because they are so specific, but beautiful as well.

We made it, guys!

1 hour ago, LanaBoi said:

Can all the jack haters now realise that if anyone is pushing a piano based stripped down sound, it’s Lana.

I didn't even like Venice Bitch to begin with. It's not only piano, his electronic sound on NFR! was simply ugly. No offence to him, it's just certain artists don't necessarily match with certain producers. I do like his contribution to Masseduction, Melodrama, Daddy's Home etc. though. Also, Lana's voice is so so much better here. It feels like her again, previously it was if she was trapped someplace else, for real. When I listen to this album now, I might not be fully content with the instrumental sound, but her voice does remind me of Lust for Life or Paradise, finally; I missed her.

I am yet after first listen but I quite enjoy this record. Also it's the first time I'm hearing Dealer. Such an interesting tune. :thankyou:

original.gif

2 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

I didn't even like Venice Bitch to begin with. It's not only piano, his electronic sound on NFR! was simply ugly. No offence to him, it's just certain artists don't necessarily match with certain producers. I do like his contribution to Masseduction, Melodrama, Daddy's Home etc. though. Also, Lana's voice is so so much better here. It feels like her again, previously it was if she was trapped someplace else, for real. When I listen to this album now, I might not be fully content with the instrumental sound, but her voice does remind me of Lust for Life or Paradise, finally; I missed her.

I am yet after first listen but I quite enjoy this record. Also it's the first time I'm hearing Dealer. Such an interesting tune. :thankyou:

I guess tastes and opinions. NFR is in my humble opinion, Lana's best work, it's her Opus Magnum and the sound is honestly amazing!  Chemtrails wasn't as good but close. 

I'm not totally on board with BB yet.. I'm only onto my second listen. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day