Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

I feel like this is the album Lana’s wanted to make for a long time. Not sure how else to describe it. It’s so “her” at this point in her life.

TB: i love this song so much more as an album opener over a standalone single. Lizzy vibes

BB: still a cute girl, I like it much more after seeing the MV

Arcadia: listened to it too much and currently tired of it, some of her best vocals on the album tho

Interlude: we twerkin

BBS: meh…y’all overhyped it. it’s fine

IYLDWM: my current favorite on the album. vocals, vibe, instrumentals…perfection

Beautiful: gorgeous lyrics, such a vulnerable song

VFR: my second favorite on the album, i have to force myself not to listen to it toooo much though. it has that sound that will get old fast to me if i listen to it more than a few times right away. love the sentiment, this one will resonate with a lot of people

Dealer: GO OFF LIZZY

Thunder: i loved the first version we heard, but i surprisingly love the rework, especially for this album

WW: still so good

NOTG: i had no idea this was wild on you lmao, belongs on UV

LL: fine, was never a huge fan

CB: has such a different vibe now that lana’s an auntie :oprah: fits perfectly on the album

SC: SO SWEET, rob and lana did that

Faves so far: IYLDWM, Violets, Thunder, SC

I give it a strong 7.5/10 

giphy-1.gif 

I like this album, I just wish her instruments, especially synth, could be louder and more complex. Maybe next time? I want some loud/trippy sounds with her voice. 

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I really love this album, and I really love COCC— but I think it's interesting that they're two separate releases, and in any other normal year (without the pandemic) I think they would've been combined as one with a sliced up tracklist. It's sorta fun to imagine what that would look like, so here's my version of it (which I think the critics would've gone apeshit for tbh):

1. Text Book

2. White Dress

3. Blue Banisters

4. Wild at Heart

5. Arcadia

6. Black Bathing Suit

7. If You Lie Down With Me

8. Violets for Roses

9. Tulsa Jesus Freak

10. Dark But Just A Game

11. Dealer

12. Thunder

13. Wildflower Wildfire

14. Dance til We Die

15. Sweet Carolina

Thoughts: 

My favorites, equally, are IYLDWM and VFR, easily. Both are so subtly melodic, and their 'hooks' are incredible. 

Personally, I liked the original version of 'Thunder' a lot better, though in time, I may come to like it as much as the first version. 

BB is one of her best albums, as most here seem to agree. The horns on IYLDWM are my favorite part of the entire project. Brilliant. 

I loved COCC, but it was, overall, a little passive. It didn't have a song with an 'edge,' like IYLDWM, though it had (at least) three LDR classics: COCC, 'White Dress' and 'Yosemite.' However, I think VFR, 'Thunder,' and 'Cherry Blossom' would fit perfectly on COCC. 

I would like to have seen COCC and BB released as a double album, that is, one album title for both. 

I think BB proves that she doesn't need Jack Antonoff; I would have liked to have seen what the BB producers would have done with the COCC material. 

I've only read one review, and it was largely political, not musical, in nature, and seemed to want to misread LDR's lyrics, and to cast her as a masochist. What's new? I expect more of this. The critics just don't get LDR and don't want to. BB has some of her most 'human' and vulnerable lyrics, and it's funny how we all understand and relate to her lyrics and songs, but the critics don't at all--I can't imagine what their romantic and inner lives are like. 

Lana, great job. Right now, BB is at the top of my list as her best album, even though I don't find the title track very compelling. It's my least favorite. 

Enjoy, friends. 

8 minutes ago, Araby said:

I really love this album, and I really love COCC— but I think it's interesting that they're two separate releases, and in any other normal year (without the pandemic) I think they would've been combined as one with a sliced up tracklist. It's sorta fun to imagine what that would look like, so here's my version of it (which I think the critics would've gone apeshit for tbh):

1. Text Book

2. White Dress

3. Blue Banisters

4. Wild at Heart

5. Arcadia

6. Black Bathing Suit

7. If You Lie Down With Me

8. Violets for Roses

9. Tulsa Jesus Freak

10. Dark But Just A Game

11. Dealer

12. Thunder

13. Wildflower Wildfire

14. Dance til We Die

15. Sweet Carolina

That's what I just said, more or less. I agree. 

Why did no one tell me that If You Lie Down With Me was the jazzy country cutesy softcore blues Lizzy marching band On Our away sequel Pixar movie crying in the backseat bussy princess bop that it is!! What a highlight!

40 minutes ago, Lustfordealer said:

the jack lovers have been real quiet lately. hes a flop wannabe one-man band. too bad he wasted so much time n songs

I’m really enjoying this album, but I definitely prefer NFR. Listening back on it and I’m like- wowwwww. It’s like quintessential Lana, its like hit after hit in terms of Lana bops, a lot of stand out tracks, and really lush, great production. 
I think he fumbled in working on Chemtrails though, and if him and Lana had continued to work together her music would’ve just started to sound more stale tbh.

and while I love NFR, thats not to say I don’t love BB. It just doesn’t pack as much of a punch! But the standout tracks are better than the best of NFR- WFWF, Arcadia, BBS, Sweet Carolina, and the unreleased. 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

This is my ranking

1.Wildflower Wildfire
 2. If you lie down with me
 3. Thunder
 4. Black Bathing Suit
 5.Arcadia
 6. Living Legend
 7. Dealer
 8.Violets for Roses
 9. Cherry Blossom
 10. Interlude - The Trio
 11. Text Book
 12.Nectar of the Gods
13. Blue Banisters
14.Sweet Carolina
 15. Beautiful

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

18 minutes ago, Brooklynbaby said:

In all honesty I was not expecting the album to be THIS GOOD :dance: it’s been on repeat all day 

for real

I woke up so excited to hear it again :oprah4:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I can't get over this album. All I want to do is listen to it over and over again. Something about it feels so classic :bliss:

imageproxy.jpg