Jump to content
Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

623 members have voted

  1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

    • Text Book
      174
    • Blue Banisters
      191
    • Arcadia
      183
    • Interlude - The Trio
      103
    • Black Bathing Suit
      359
    • If You Lie Down With Me
      308
    • Beautiful
      149
    • Violets for Roses
      215
    • Dealer
      358
    • Thunder
      347
    • Wildflower Wildfire
      225
    • Nectar of the Gods
      192
    • Living Legend
      216
    • Cherry Blossom
      153
    • Sweet Carolina
      198


Recommended Posts

Love the whole album! My favorites are black bathing suit and Thunder. The birds noises in bbs remind me of the twitter mob attacking lol. I was reading yalls descriptions of the horror violins on Thunder and so true, actually they sound like the violins in the Dexter theme song- spare the blade! I am glad there are 2 versions of the song. I adore both and this one fits the album better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jared is having a mental breakdown as we speak :sass: In all seriousness, though, I can't say I don't enjoy songs that Jack has produced because that would be a lie. But there's such a clear difference in quality of instrumentals from Chemtrails to Blue Banisters. Everything feels so much more alive on BB 


drop me off at the copacabana 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow I didn’t know in ‘Beautiful’ she mentions Picasso, this whole time I thought it was ‘what if someone had asked a girl not to be sad..” .. but knowing it’s ‘someone had asked Picasso’.. makes it less LDR like lyrics . Which I enjoy, more depth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you’re all really dragging Jack like nfr! wasn’t in your top lana albums:w8ing:

 

(I love Jack, glad he did what he did in nfr! and cotcc. And I’m glad he wasn’t involved in this album. Both opinions can co-exist)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wildheart said:

you’re all really dragging Jack like nfr! wasn’t in your top lana albums:w8ing:

 

(I love Jack, glad he did what he did in nfr! and cotcc. And I’m glad he wasn’t involved in this album. Both opinions can co-exist)

Ageee!!! Jack really did iconic work with her. I don’t get the jack hate however I think what suits Lana best is switching  up producers often, since she is very dynamic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Compared to her latest work ( NFR , COCC) I like BB the most. It sounds like a classic. I missed her deeper vocals , the versatility in instrumentation and the experimentation with the sound and her voice. It seems to me more ambitious compared to her latest projects . All of the songs are really catchy melody-wise . The only songs that are not clicking for me still are BB and Arcadia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, West Coast said:

It's not to say that I think a certain someone is the worst producer out there, but I find that on his work with Lana he used piano in such a basic, tinny and understated kinda way that I was just turned off by those piano driven songs. Whereas on 'Blue Banisters' the piano songs they just sound so different, they're rich, lush and intricate. I am really enjoying those piano driven songs in a way I had not on the past two albums. :true:

spilled here!!!:sass:


51161215-E256-48-E9-B6-E3-5-B5136-E92-C1

it's not easy for me to talk about, i have heavy heartstrings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, West Coast said:

It's not to say that I think a certain someone is the worst producer out there, but I find that on his work with Lana he used piano in such a basic, tinny and understated kinda way that I was just turned off by those piano driven songs. Whereas on 'Blue Banisters' the piano songs they just sound so different, they're rich, lush and intricate. I am really enjoying those piano driven songs in a way I had not on the past two albums. :true:

 

So true bestie :true:


Like the Paramount sign sparkling, sparkling just for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm writing an official review, it's almost done. it will be the review she deserves. 

 

would also like to add that the album sounds INCREDIBLE on apple music, so much better than the leak. :true:


faSE.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that everyone was getting tired of the Antonoff sound, but he crafted some gorgeous songs. You're just going to pretend NFR! as an album, White Dress, and Dark But Just A Game don't exist?

 

Lana benefits from working with a lot of different producers. I'm happy she's working with others, but Jack does not deserve the hate he's getting.

 

We can appreciate each producer and what they bring without trashing the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Desom said:

I get that everyone was getting tired of the Antonoff sound, but he crafted some gorgeous songs. You're just going to pretend NFR! as an album, White Dress, and Dark But Just A Game don't exist?

 

Lana benefits from working with a lot of different producers. I'm happy she's working with others, but Jack does not deserve the hate he's getting.

 

We can appreciate each producer and what they bring without trashing the others.

From me, it's not hate, I just don't think he was the producer for her, even though he did produce many great tracks, like 'The Greatest,' 'Venice Bitch,' 'White Dress,' and the COCC title track. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot get over this album :oprah: It's SO good I can't even process it completely. Every repeat of this album feels like a fresh new start :icant:

Spoiler

SHE

Spoiler

REALLY

Spoiler

DID

Spoiler

THAT

Spoiler

mariah-carey-crying.gif

Spoiler

B4XZ.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...