Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

The way that most of the people who don't like this album are Born To Die and hardcore NFR stans :awk: Not a good or bad thing, just an observation (the hardcore NFR stans in part being the critics who can't get over it lol)

imageproxy.jpg

This album is amazing from the beginning to the end:trisha:  No skips. The middle part is  absolutely god tier:wowcry:  I can't believe I'm listening to it for almost a week now, times flies by so fast but lemme tell you this album aged beautifully so far & I'm pretty sure it will age like a fine wine :oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

24 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Ok here's the deal for the quality issues. I made a survey with different headphones with ranging quality, and also different streaming services.

Spotify version is just awful with every headphone. No matter what quality option you choose there's chipping all over the album. The better quality the headphone is the more distinguished the sound is and the more noticable and unbearable the chipping is. With lower quality headphones, chipping is still there but the layers are more compressed so you don't notice it that much.

So if we make comparison between services: Apple Music > Youtube Music > Spotify = Standard Youtube Video

So if you are listening to Spotify and hearing awful and disturbing chipping noises, don't worry there's nothing wrong with your headphones. I hope they fix spotify soon but I doubt it.

THIS, spotify sounds really LQ for some reason? Even at high volume I cant get myself to enjoy it on headphones whereas speaker and my car system sounds amazing. Do you recommend buying it on Itunes?

giphy.gif

of her last 3 albums, BB is definitely her best. and there are three songs (WW, iyldwm, thunder) that are top 10 songs for me and there are other good songs (violets for roses, dealer, arcadia,black bathing suit, living legend) but for me it is not a top 3 album. if you had put together the best songs by cocc and bb as suggested here, a masterpiece would have been created, but unfortunately there are too many skips on both

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

so BB is...interesting

usually im all for unreleased songs being released, but in this case (except for Thunder), she should've keep NOTG, LL, and CB in the vault. I think in this case I'd rather new songs, especially since we've had these songs for a while.

i honestly feel like COCC and BB could have been condensed into one album. Take some off each, and put the rest together, and bam, you'd have an amazing followup to NFR!

negAbhB.png

1 minute ago, Lustrouslines said:

THIS, spotify sounds really LQ for some reason? Even at high volume I cant get myself to enjoy it on headphones whereas speaker and my car system sounds amazing. Do you recommend buying it on Itunes?

Tidal has BB in masters (highest) quality. The sound is amazing, even on those 5 older songs!

D.png

1 minute ago, Lustrouslines said:

I haven't checked iTunes but I'm sure it would be fine if Apple Music is fine. Maybe someone who bought from iTunes can comment.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

9 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

tf sis :scoff:

I don’t like the album, and I don’t want Lana to get her long-sought “approval” from the critics for songs that, imo, give up a lot of the qualities that made her music unique.

A reason I’ve always loved Lana and her music is that she experimented and made something completely unique. There are some aspects/moments that are unique on this album, but overall, this feels like an album that could be sang by anyone who’s known as a singer. It’s just an album of classic/standard ballads.

Compare this to AKA, BTD, UV, HM, NFR, her unreleased music, or, hell, even Sirens, which sound like nothing else around, still, to this day. Both Blue Banisters and Chemtrails are just so dull for me for this reason. There are a few songs I really connect to off of each,, and that’s it. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

So Arcadia, Cherry Blossom and Beautiful are officially the underrated gems from this album that no one would ever appreciate, and on the other hand, we have Black Bathing Suit which is the California/White Dress of the album, aka the overrated one (I like it a lot, but it's not the best).

6 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

4 minutes ago, Thoth said:

I haven't checked iTunes but I'm sure it would be fine if Apple Music is fine. Maybe someone who bought from iTunes can comment.

I bought it on iTunes and it sounds very crisp and clear to me —  all the little details are quite audible. I’d recommend it! :party:

If the unreleased tracks were taken out of this album and replaced with White Dress, Chemtrails, Tulsa Jesus Freak, Dark But Just a Game, Yosemite ooof this would have been an insane album. I love it though! Both bodies of work are special and have their own story and mood.

giphy.gif

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

I bought it on iTunes and it sounds very crisp and clear to me —  all the little details are quite audible. I’d recommend it! :party:

not lana forcing us to buy it in onder to profit

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

3 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I don’t like the album, and I don’t want Lana to get her long-sought “approval” from the critics for songs that, imo, give up a lot of the qualities that made her music unique.

A reason I’ve always loved Lana and her music is that she experimented and made something completely unique. There are some aspects/moments that are unique on this album, but overall, this feels like an album that could be sang by anyone who’s known as a singer. It’s just an album of classic/standard ballads.

Compare this to AKA, BTD, UV, HM, NFR, her unreleased music, or, hell, even Sirens, which sound like nothing else around, still, to this day. Both Blue Banisters and Chemtrails are just so dull for me for this reason. There are a few songs I really connect to off of each,, and that’s it. 

I'm still waiting for her to make an album as strong as Honeymoon. But I'm afraid she won't do that anymore. But with Mike Dean by her side, I hope that her next album will blow us away. It's not that I don't like Blue Banisters. There are some great songs on it, just like I said, there are really too many bland ballads on it

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It