Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

866 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

1 minute ago, Urbanney said:

Beautiful has to be the worst track. That chorus is annoying and cringe. Definitely not beautiful. 

if i'm being honest, i would roast any other artist compared themselves to PICASSO... idk. it's giving very much live laugh love. but it's lana and i'll literally defend her to the ends of the earth. 

+ her vocal delivery is so lovely on beautiful that it negates any weak lyricism

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

9 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Beautiful has to be the worst track. That chorus is annoying and cringe. Definitely not beautiful. 

that's what i thought the first time i listen to Beautiful tho, definitely was meant to be a "skip" for me. 

But i've grown fond of it for a week since the l**k day and now i believe the song itself truly lives up to its title. The lyrics isn't neccessarily her best effort but the piano production UGH - THE RAINDROP PIANO in the intro is a huge highlight.

Anyway, this song gives me "folklore" vibes too and i love miss Swift so... Beautiful just hits my spot like that :oprah:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, Mer said:

Is "Kevin" maybe one of Chuck's ex-boyfriends? Did she ever date a crypto investor lol? 

I posted a theory about this in the Sweet Carolina lyrics thread :)  -

16 hours ago, Elle said:

Okay I know this post is following a super heavy post, but here's a little insight on who Kevin may be. One of her closest friend Jessica's boyfriend is named Kevin! However, they haven't been pictured together for quite awhile, so I'm thinking they may have broken up.. which may even explain more about the "Fuck you, Kevin" line :giggle: 

Here's a picture of them all during Lana's birthday celebration in 2019! Kevin on the far left & Jess in the yellow - 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I swear I am not being dramatic, but I do really need time to express how I feel about Blue Banisters. It was the first time that I couldn’t fully complete the first listening because everything was too fucking intense and overwhelming. At this point I don’t know what I’d do without her music and now I just want to cry again all over my bed all night long. Sorry for the annoying post. Tomorrow I’m going to listen to the album again while driving, so I’m 100% sure I will end up crying publicly and people will think someone in my family just died but thats okay, I guess, you can’t control feelings. Well, so the bitch hit again. And hard I would say. Fucking Kevin. 

9 minutes ago, opheliaandthemotel said:

if i'm being honest, i would roast any other artist compared themselves to PICASSO... idk. it's giving very much live laugh love. but it's lana and i'll literally defend her to the ends of the earth. 

+ her vocal delivery is so lovely on beautiful that it negates any weak lyricism

Lana could do Guernica but Picasso couldn’t do Black Bathing Suit.

Lanarat.png

2 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i don't like the picasso lyrics don't know why

I don't like it either. Not because she might be making parallels between her and Picasso himself but because of the way she shyly namedrops him. You can barely hear Picasso, I had to look up the lyrics to find out he mentioned him lol I mean if you're gonna drop such a statement just SAY IT LOUD GIRL you got this.

I don't like that song overall tbh, maybe it will eventually grow on me

Just now, YUNGATA said:

I hope you have an ex named Kevin!

I don’t 😭😭 maybe I’ll record myself saying my Ex’s name and have that abruptly play after the “fuck you”

5 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

Tomorrow I’m going to listen to the album again while driving, so I’m 100% sure I will end up crying publicly and people will think someone in my family just died but thats okay, I guess, you can’t control feelings

I think i've told this story before on this forum but... I made the mistake of listening to Venice Bitch for the very first time while driving down the highway in my hometown. I literally never cry but hearing "you're in the yard, i light the fire, and as the summer fades away, nothing gold can stay" I started sobbing so hard i had to PULL OVER. to make things worse, a concerned driver pulled over to see If i was having car trouble and found a 17 y/o girl manically bawling to NFR. he asked if I had had something to drink and if I should be driving. I wasn't sure how to explain that, no I wasn't drunk, my soul had just been touched for the first time by the divine beauty of Lana Del Rey. I literally looked like a crazy person.

sooo, just a cautionary tale. lol.

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

1 minute ago, DealerBitch said:

I don’t 😭😭 maybe I’ll record myself saying my Ex’s name and have that abruptly play after the “fuck you”

king shit

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

6 minutes ago, Marius said:

King, I love your energy! :ma:

It's actually 7am in the morning and i havent get no sleep because while my body is literally exhausted but i still can't stop with the album release meltdown

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

5 minutes ago, opheliaandthemotel said:

I think i've told this story before on this forum but... I made the mistake of listening to Venice Bitch for the very first time while driving down the highway in my hometown. I literally never cry but hearing "you're in the yard, i light the fire, and as the summer fades away, nothing gold can stay" I started sobbing so hard i had to PULL OVER. to make things worse, a concerned driver pulled over to see If i was having car trouble and found a 17 y/o girl manically bawling to NFR. he asked if I had had something to drink and if I should be driving. I wasn't sure how to explain that, no I wasn't drunk, my soul had just been touched for the first time by the divine beauty of Lana Del Rey. I literally looked like a crazy person.

sooo, just a cautionary tale. lol.

I totally see myself in your words tomorrow :defeated: thanks for sharing!