Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

54 minutes ago, lover said:

Pisces: Beautiful looking at the world or people with rose-coloured glasses; people thinking you're sad when you aren't; or maybe you are but still hate when people bring it up, especially when trying to be alone with your thoughts; some would say pretentious and whiny while some would say poetic and sensitive

:agree: 

Why is this so accurate:trisha:

You snapped :gurl:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 minutes ago, May said:

after y’all collectively had a 6 month long mental breakdown in the pre-release thread over vinyl colours let us post-release girlies let off some steam about sales :lolliney:

24k :lolliney:

Took the business out of music business, a true artist :lolliney:

1 hour ago, Stargirls Dealer said:

AJayll’s reaction to Text Book is exactly what I wish everyone would feel when they listened to it. IT’S PERFECT 

:trisha: :read: :lange: :crying: :true: :xcry: :crying2: :cryney2: 

It literally had me in tears. Naur, it's true it's true.

oNIXckL.gif

16 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

She literally told fans on live that there’s absolutely NO need in buying her records and she has more than enough for herself AND to help others. Please stop caring about her streams/record sales

If she doesn’t sell her label isn’t going to invest money on her anymore. She’s always been a constant album seller but these predictions are seriously terrible. I don’t care if we never get another music video but if we don’t get vinyls ever again…. Lord help me…

the sales are so low i think bc of the vinyl delay. it would’ve probs been about 50k w no delays, chemtrails did 58k first week i think. so yeah it’s bad for her chart positioning and ppl r defo gonna use this to call her a flop, but also bear in mind the delays :lolliney:

RVhKIwP.gif

So is there a chance for her in top 3 at least? The way the culture treats her after lust for life is deranged

2 minutes ago, UhaulJ0e said:

It looks like Elton John is debuting with similar amounts as well

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

7 minutes ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

If she doesn’t sell her label isn’t going to invest money on her anymore. She’s always been a constant album seller but these predictions are seriously terrible. I don’t care if we never get another music video but if we don’t get vinyls ever again…. Lord help me…

I don’t think they care or else they would have released the vinyl at the same time. Most of the vinyl is getting released November 12th for some reason so it will count for that week. 

im dumbfounded about this record. the parallels of fame, concern and love weave together beautifully. then u think about the multiple uses of diff perspectives prism'ing, how it all feels, what it all means. there's a stillness and vanishing about this album where sometimes it feels sweetly warm, and other times feels like a ghost. 

when she was on the tractor in the bb mv singing about her man being there to sort of getting back to reality, that really pained me to see. the waiting in the storm. the flashes of ache from the bellies of uncertainty. the choice of where to go next not being granted to her but being taken into fate's temperamental hands. 

the bottomline is that it's a very gracious album that captures the sentiments of someone giving theirselves a voice, keeping the past respectfully protected & filed, that's founded on understanding that we should focus on the things that we can control ourselves rather than wanting to change the world through just our own focus altogether. 

it gets me thinking about the soul, what people do and how we do things as a species. how sometimes, consumption consumes us instead of truly adding to our lives, whether that be banked in ego, or translated through recklessness. how popularity reigns in high curved waves bc love is easily accessed and funneled, than cultivating patience and seeing beauty in everyday things. or just the paradoxical nature of better understanding how things were only after being lost. 

i think maybe she's feeling real proud of being able to accomplish what she has, but also pretty disheartened bc her message about the importance of reflection and softness got compounded. I understand that it's a very cruel, brutal and dire world out here, it gets me sad thinking about how softness thins out, and everyone's out for the next big thrill. which, for the latter, perfectly ok, but to what end? 

and back to the album, how it was made, and what it's about, i think it's a really admirable piece that defends the concepts of freedom, security, and love. it's like a secret code of staying graceful under pressure and moving truthfully to yourself so that maybe others can follow suit their own ways of their higher selves. 

UV/Honeymoon

1 minute ago, The Love Witch said:

Am I the only one who still thinks Blue Banisters is such an underwhelming album title?

ARCADIA was right there, Lana.

arcadia would’ve been a better title but i don’t think it would’ve fit the album at all . when I think of arcadia as an album title I think concept album , fully fleshed out and lots of effort into high budget music vids to help create the ‘world’ of the album . and huge , grand music production :lolliney: we can only dream

RVhKIwP.gif

10 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Am I the only one who still thinks Blue Banisters is such an underwhelming album title?

ARCADIA was right there, Lana.

arcadia sounds more iconic, gives me ultraviolence/paradise/honeymoon vibes but... i dont think it matches the album (or the cover which is one of lanas best) so i think bb was ultimately the best choice.

2 hours ago, lover said:

well since you mentioned it :hooker:

Aries: Thunder

Taurus: Violets For Roses

Gemini: If You Lie Down With Me

Cancer: Cherry Blossom

Leo: Text Book

Virgo: Black Bathing Suit

Libra: Arcadia

Scorpio: Living Legend

Sagittarius: Nectar Of The Gods

Capricorn: Dealer

Aquarius: Wildflower Wildfire

Pisces: Beautiful 

Hide contents

and no it literally does not matter whether yall like the song I associate with "ur sign" or not

:true: my sun is Gemini (duh) and my fave sure is If You Lie Down With Me and my moon is Pisces… and Beautiful is also in my top 3. We love a witchy queen ;)