Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

624 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

Anyone criticizing the discussion of sales humbly shut the fuck up, Lana’s success and the amount of records she’s been able to sell with the type of music she puts out has always been one of her greatest accomplishments as an artist 

Seeing that the sales for the record being predicted are terrible, its really sad. In the Lust for Life era she was playing arenas and then downsized to not even selling out music halls in her last tour which is kinda worrying, I know Lana does enjoy success and this narrative that she “doesn’t want to be a big name artist” is just like not true at all. She seems to revel in the fact that she’s never been the conventional pop star and still has enough pull on the culture to sell records above her contemporaries and fill venues that the greats she looks up to also fill with hundreds of thousands of fans

I always thought that despite “being all about the music” it was reassuring to her that authenticity still has a place in mainstream culture seeing how big of an artist she is was* and having millions of people celebrate the art she puts out into the world, whereas someone like Katy Perry who produces soul less music rightfully flopped after desperately trying too hard to top the charts

I also think alot about what she said on instagram last year about how she’s “changing the world” through her music and its obvious with these last few albums that she’s feels a responsibility use her large audience and great influence to tell her stories to change the world but then its like she acts like she wants her audience and influence to fade?? Whatever that change is she wants to make, whether its for her own karmic lineage or the fight for fragility and femininity or even maybe its a metaphysical one, its like how are you gunna influence change in the world with less and less people listening to the message you want to spread

i do think she could've had a stronger 1st week sale if the vinyls counted. but i also think her label at some point is going to have to deal with that and she's going to have to make a "sucessful" album kinda like what happened with lust for life

Dealer music video in the style of Twin Peaks with a guy in a motel trying to reach Lana & taking drugs & starting to hallucinate & seeing lana come in and turn into a 3 headed demon trying to eat him while Miles Kane merges out the wall still behind the wallpaper singing the chorus while little kareoke scenes of them singing in a lounge play every now and then I would like to see it

l7rR4no.png

It’s crazy cause even in a haze Lana’s intelligence always shines through her projects.. it’s always there. I love how this is an ‘album for the critics’ in a sense that she’s not actually trying to ‘get revenge’ or whatever that means.. she’s just being herself and singing about all the things she loves in the ways she loves to sing them. The drugs, affairs, daddy issues, karmic lineage, astrology, submissiveness, strength/being a woman, being free, America, etc... if you noticed Sean, Barrie, Clay and maybe even K or someone in that era...(the dealer lyric insinuates someone from a while ago.. most likely while she was in NYC) and songs embracing being a single woman and embracing family and friends.. it’s really clever. Just undeniably Lana... also not to mention almost every song mentions ‘Blue’ at one point or another... Lana’s just a blue bird.. you can’t take that away from someone.. so I love how she brings it in and turns it out all by herself. She just stopped giving a fuck and I think that’s beautiful !

4 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

Dealer music video in the style of Twin Peaks with a guy in a motel trying to reach Lana & taking drugs & starting to hallucinate & seeing lana come in and turn into a 3 headed demon trying to eat him while Miles Kane merges out the wall still behind the wallpaper singing the chorus while little kareoke scenes of them singing in a lounge play every now and then I would like to see it

oh my god the vision. i would also incorporate yellow wallpaper to drive home the concept of descent into madness :hair:

8XvwYzq.png

I remember when COCC dropped it didn't feel like a new Lana album has dropped. It felt like it was just an extension of something, it felt like a little side thing she just dropped. Like NFR lite.This album however truly feels like a new Lana album. Even tho literally Nothing is happening this era promo wise, it just feels like everyone's actually listening and more excited for it than when COCC dropped. I love COCC but I was kinda just like "oh ok this is cute" when it dropped and was mainly just listening to DBJAG and TFJ lol, but when BB leaked dropped I was just constantly listening to it on repeat and I still am.

l7rR4no.png

I'm going to willingly expose myself as the asshat I am, because after repeatedly expressing my disappointment with the album yesterday, I am happy to say that it has grown on me significantly.

My top 3:

1. Dealer
  2. Black Bathing Suit
  3. Nectar of the Gods

Also, I feel this lyric SO hard:

“Crypto forever,” scrеams your stupid boyfriend
Fuck you, Kevin

I canNOT put up with the crypto tech bros. They're exhausting.

mYJNzQ5.gif mpcKR46.gif sjWYxwQ.gif

Okay so! In her Instagram live video, Lana was asked what made this record different from her others... she said there was one word / aspect woven into one of the songs which she has never spoken about before and that it pretty much explains everything... guys what is this? I was thinking maybe cherry blossom because I think it's about a miscarriage she had, and that's why she didn't put Fine China on the tracklist because they were both about the same thing but I'm not sure... what could possibly explain everything about her on blue bannisters that she hasn't spoken about before???

i’m curious if the sales predictions are taking vinyls into account or not since they weren’t expected to ship this week (and i’ve seen quite a few people get their yellow vinyls)

also tbh i hate the “if she doesn’t care you shouldn’t either” argument! like girl idgaf i love her and i like seeing her at the top of the charts idc if she cares or not 

12 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I'm going to willingly expose myself as the asshat I am, because after repeatedly expressing my disappointment with the album yesterday, I am happy to say that it has grown on me significantly.

My top 3:

1. Dealer
  2. Black Bathing Suit
  3. Nectar of the Gods

Also, I feel this lyric SO hard:

I canNOT put up with the crypto tech bros. They're exhausting.

Don't worry about it. I still have the title of clown of the album release when I legitimately thought that I really disliked the record on my first listen. Then it "grew on me" to say the least on my second listen. :awkney:

8lvz7w8.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sweb92 said:

Okay so! In her Instagram live video, Lana was asked what made this record different from her others... she said there was one word / aspect woven into one of the songs which she has never spoken about before and that it pretty much explains everything... guys what is this? I was thinking maybe cherry blossom because I think it's about a miscarriage she had, and that's why she didn't put Fine China on the tracklist because they were both about the same thing but I'm not sure... what could possibly explain everything about her on blue bannisters that she hasn't spoken about before???

I'm guessing that it has something to do with her family. I'm not sure what the particular word or phrase was that she was referring to though.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

5 minutes ago, brandon said:

i’m curious if the sales predictions are taking vinyls into account or not since they weren’t expected to ship this week (and i’ve seen quite a few people get their yellow vinyls)

also tbh i hate the “if she doesn’t care you shouldn’t either” argument! like girl idgaf i love her and i like seeing her at the top of the charts idc if she cares or not 

!!!

As much as I love this album, it doesn't feel like a true album era without an album trailer. :( 

It helps to bolt down the album aesthetic imo.

It's why I associate the beach with NFR.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.