Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

631 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

Violets for Roses is just amazing. One of her best ballad to date. I just love the lyrics here. Even though there are better songs sonically, this is my favourite. It’s sweet, enlightening and definitely something I wholeheartedly relate. Especially the line a simple life, I chose this :wowcry:

nF70D0F.png

Ok I think I changed my mind, I may rank it higher than HM.

UV, BB, HM, NFR, C, LFL, P, BTD.

I know you were all holding your breath in anticipation of my updated ranking, You’re welcome! :ma:

15 minutes ago, Icecream Icequeen said:

Violets for Roses is just amazing. One of her best ballad to date. I just love the lyrics here. Even though there are better songs sonically, this is my favourite. It’s sweet, enlightening and definitely something I wholeheartedly relate. Especially the line a simple life, I chose this :wowcry:

The melody on that track is just...her mind :wowcry:

8lvz7w8.jpg

thinking about the potential for a dealer vid..

i can already see like a super moody, dark vibe with lanz walking down the street at night listening to miles voicemail, calling him back and absolutely screaming his ear off and having a mini breakdown while miles is all drunk/drugged out in a dimly-lit-by-neon-lights bar or something… imagine :defeated:

Perhaps it was just my connection while driving but NoTG sounded fucking awful on Spotify earlier today, especially after Text Book (shuffle :oic2:) and all of the intricacies in that track. I know it's a YouTube rip but damn ma... I wonder if there's a way we can petition to replace the versions on streaming like that one user did for the weird glitch at the end of NAWWAL?

8V7Yvel.png

2 hours ago, 1212 said:

i just watched the insta live, lana said this album is like a stepping stone to getting at something more. she didnt seem that enthusiastic about the album imo... it sounds like theres something bigger to come.

It seemed like she liked the album, but I swear to God, by the way she was acting I got this feeling like she already has another album up her sleeve. she's always miles ahead of herself and we always have no clue about it. :thumb3:

Va0r.gif

Lana and her friends in 30 years still dancing to the backbeat playing just for her 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 hours ago, Doll Harlow said:

As much as I love this album, it doesn't feel like a true album era without an album trailer. :( 

It helps to bolt down the album aesthetic imo.

It's why I associate the beach with NFR.

I agree and people will defend the absence of one (as always) but it really doesn't take much effort to make one 

The next era sounds like it'll be even quieter if it's a digital release only

Thanks for buying me my meal at Denny's and my shit at Home Depot. Thanks for that, kids. Luv ya

16 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

The next era sounds like it'll be even quieter if it's a digital release only

tbh i wonder if when she said “next record” she meant the covers album, because that would make a lot of sense as a digital only album - and i feel like her label would def let that slide (also she told us that would be digital only when she mentioned it a year ago iirc)

in terms of actual ldr9 tho? i feel like her label will make her do vinyls just bc of how well they sell

4 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

me when black bathing suit gets to the bad girls part

giphy.gif

I like "by the way, thanks for the shoes" followed by the cackle

Thanks for buying me my meal at Denny's and my shit at Home Depot. Thanks for that, kids. Luv ya

24 minutes ago, brandon said:

tbh i wonder if when she said “next record” she meant the covers album, because that would make a lot of sense as a digital only album - and i feel like her label would def let that slide (also she told us that would be digital only when she mentioned it a year ago iirc)

in terms of actual ldr9 tho? i feel like her label will make her do vinyls just bc of how well they sell

She might be going indie if her contract is over. Big record companies are not about digital only. This is why I say she should get a bandcamp account so every purchase goes directly to her. 

Also, don't know if this was already posted. 

I want to articulate something, I feel like while I prefer this album immensely over COTCC, a few songs from COTCC are like untouchable. Like White Dress, COTCC, Wild at Heart are just like elite and while BB has serious bangers, they never touch the height of these songs.

does anyone have similar feelings? Like BB is a better album/experience, but COTCC has some utterly beautiful songs?