Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

629 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

2 minutes ago, rabbit said:

I’m consumed by this record in a way that hasn’t been present since Honeymoon 🥺🥺🥺 The run of  Dealer to Living Legend is perfect. And I cannot get the melodies from BBS and VFR out of my head :wub: 

Same, I really thought Lana had lost me after COCC but then she came back and released her best album :icant:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

1 hour ago, CinnamonGay said:

As long as Flopde stans don't go on twitter and call out the sales numbers....

Bah who cares? The new Billboard rules are stupid AF and sure were never meant to be in a pandemic situation, with vinyls getting delayed for every artist and with a jammed-packed fall schedule. Lorde had the good idea to release before the big fall rush.
But in the end, even for GP, We all know which album is superior :true:

5 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

everyone talking about how we don't have a cherry/cinnamon girl/tulsa jesus freak on the record but that's honestly dealer

I love all of those songs, but I had never noticed that there wasn’t a clear « successor » to those on BB… That’s how good this freaking album is. 

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

We know she reuses words and phrases a great deal--I hope, for example, that she never writes another song with 'beautiful' or 'beauty' in the title.

A lot of people thought what is now called 'Nectar of the Gods' was 'Wild One' due to the similarity of the lyrics.

'Black,' 'blue' everything, 'pools' or 'by the pool,' 'wild,' 'fuck'in crazy,' guns, drugs, older men/daddy, flowers of all kinds, the beach and the ocean----these are words, symbols, phrases and ideas Lana loves. 

We haven't seen the 'Queens of Saigon' in a while. 

I’m actually disappointed their is no ‘Candle in the Wind’ on this album :crossed:

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

17 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

everyone talking about how we don't have a cherry/cinnamon girl/tulsa jesus freak on the record but that's honestly dealer black bathing suit

9 hours ago, wildheart said:

I want to articulate something, I feel like while I prefer this album immensely over COTCC, a few songs from COTCC are like untouchable. Like White Dress, COTCC, Wild at Heart are just like elite and while BB has serious bangers, they never touch the height of these songs.

does anyone have similar feelings? Like BB is a better album/experience, but COTCC has some utterly beautiful songs?

Yes! As as whole, I prefer BB, but, just like you said, White Dress and the title track are in another level of greatness. 

Other fan bases making fun of Lana for doing only 30k when their fave is struggling on there 3rd album.  I’d like to see Halsey or Billie do next to zero promotion, disable social media still sell 200k on an 8th album…them girls would drop fast. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

4 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Other fan bases making fun of Lana for doing only 30k when their fave is struggling on there 3rd album.  I’d like to see Halsey or Billie do next to zero promotion, disable social media still sell 200k on an 8th album…them girls would drop fast. 

Yes...Copysey or Bullie Eyelash can only dream of even making 10 albums in 10 years.

Lol.

See u Lorde in 2027. Adele 2030 😭😭😭

Lana literally walked so L*rde and H*lsey and B*llie and all these other flops could run… and they STILL tripped over. Not a single female contemporary artist is even in the same league as Lana. 

“YOUR NAME IS SUN CHILD!!!! BYE.... your real name probably maylee and i just know you look like a cabbage patch doll..white pasty boring straight tennessee fat bitch. GET A GRIP” - Jesus

14 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

:thumb3: I’ll add to that that Billie and Halsey both have strong pop vibes to their « alt », which helps them get played on radio (by the way, no way Halsey could have released her latest in the beginning, it’s her least «accessible » album to date). Lana is a singer songwriter. What she does is art, with very little consideration in making her songs sound like « singles ». She is bold to keep on doing music that she loves without seeking a commercial sound. And yeah, she is incredibly successful when you line up the facts like you did! 

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

:thumb3: I’ll add to that that Billie and Halsey both have strong pop vibes to their « alt », which helps them get played on radio (by the way, no way Halsey could have released her latest in the beginning, it’s her least «accessible » album to date). Lana is a singer songwriter. What she does is art, with very little consideration in making her songs sound like « singles ». She is bold to keep on doing music that she loves without seeking a commercial sound. And yeah, she is incredibly successful when you line up the facts like you did! 

Once again, I totally agree with you :flutter:

6 minutes ago, brandon said:

Here we go again bashing other female artists just because their fans are being annoying :pls:

We are not bashing them, we are just pointing out the immaturity of (some of) their fanbase, and spilling facts about Lana's importance in the musical industry - which is merely objective. 

Now, having said that, 

Spoiler

Floper Fower sucks so bad it hurts :creep:

Guys. We really do need to organise a streaming party. Is there any way to ask other fandoms to participate?

Dealer & IYLDWM are having their moments. Let's do something for them!!! :justride2: If we play the cards right, Blue Banisters might secure its #1 spot on Billboard 200 next week.

LWchGcY.jpg

~ Dance me all around the moon,

spin me like a ballerina - super high ~                                               

evee-dancing.gif

I’m so conflicted with Dealer… I love Lana’s part so bad and how sultry the production is, but I really cannot stand Miles Kane’s voice…

I now understand how frustrating it was for the people who liked Breaking Up Slowly but didn’t like Nikki’s voice. At the end of the day, we cannot force ourselves to appreciate every singer in the world, but I wish I could play Dealer more often without having to directly skip to Lana’s legendary screaming part

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

everyone talking about how we don't have a cherry/cinnamon girl/tulsa jesus freak on the record but that's honestly dealer

Besides 'Cherry' that's only really great live, I never thought the other two were that great tbh—they're just kinda there for me. 'Dealer' is above it all honestly. :smile3: