Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

649 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

8 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

I’m so conflicted with Dealer… I love Lana’s part so bad and how sultry the production is, but I really cannot stand Miles Kane’s voice…

I now understand how frustrating it was for the people who liked Breaking Up Slowly but didn’t like Nikki’s voice. At the end of the day, we cannot force ourselves to appreciate every singer in the world, but I wish I could play Dealer more often without having to directly skip to Lana’s legendary screaming part

I’m a tlsp fan so I love Miles and I love dealer but I do wish Lana had a bigger part in it

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

1 minute ago, CmonDownToFL said:

I’m a tlsp fan so I love Miles and I love dealer but I do wish Lana had a bigger part in it

Yeah I too wish she was singing more than just the chorus and backing vocals in the outro, honestly with Miles singing on the majority of the song it would’ve fit better on one of his records

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

38 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Other fan bases making fun of Lana for doing only 30k when their fave is struggling on there 3rd album.  I’d like to see Halsey or Billie do next to zero promotion, disable social media still sell 200k on an 8th album…them girls would drop fast. 

LOL Lorde is my bae but didn't she do load-shit of promo before Solar Power, as well as Halsey and every other "alt-pop gurls" who came to the scene after Lana paved the way for them herself.

Plus, this is Lana's 2nd project this year. Her last era was literally 6-7 months ago lol... idk why these twitter stans twinks are acting like their favs could ever dare to do what Lana is doing.

~ Dance me all around the moon,

spin me like a ballerina - super high ~                                               

evee-dancing.gif

I think we should be proud of the fact the Lana is still among the other female artists in this list after her 8th album. Especially  since she doesn’t have number one hits, heavy promo or even social media to let people know she has an album out. 

3 minutes ago, Nectar said:

I think we should be proud of the fact the Lana is still among the other female artists in this list after her 8th album. Especially  since she doesn’t have number one hits, heavy promo or even social media to let people know she has an album out. 

Her managers were right when they said she was a Rite Of Passage artist. She will always stream well because of BTD-UV-NFR and so it allows her to make personal less mainstream albums like HM or CoCC

27 minutes ago, brandon said:

Here we go again bashing other female artists just because their fans are being annoying :pls:

I never cared much for Halsey until her latest, which I love. I really like Billie although she is not Lana IMO. To each its own: everybody has the right to love someone or not, and as you get older, numbers never matter as much as how much you connect with an album. But their damn hardcore fans that think that only theirs is the best and shit all over female singers is annoying AF (and really unfair to Lana, which inspired so many of them). 

Just now, uvbabe said:

The vocals in IFLWM when she says LIE (LIE) are so Ultraviolence :bodyisready: 

This! The beat also reminds  me a lot of the drumming in The Blackest Day :flutter:

1. Dealer

2. Black bathing Suit

3. Nectar of the Gods

4. If You Lie Down with Me

5. Beautiful

~ Dance me all around the moon,

spin me like a ballerina - super high ~                                               

evee-dancing.gif

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

everyone talking about how we don't have a cherry/cinnamon girl/tulsa jesus freak on the record but that's honestly dealer

Wait people regard TJF to be like Cherry & Cinnamon Girl? Weird.

but on this album tho it’s defo Beautiful

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Yeah I too wish she was singing more than just the chorus and backing vocals in the outro, honestly with Miles singing on the majority of the song it would’ve fit better on one of his records

I thought about it too but I think the song holds a personal meaning for Lana, maybe it is encapsualting a specific memory in her life. So Miles is only serving purpose to transfer the other person's lines. Maybe it could be the reason he was not written as feature.

bannisters2.gif