Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

DEALER supremacy is no joke.

Joke's on them who constantly shit on Dealer 1 month ago. :hype:

Such an underdog icon - from zero to hero icon.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

didn't VOTD get turned into the verse/pre chorus to Groupie Love tho? the melody 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Well I definitely appreciated beautiful at my first listen… I thought it was really cute and melody was very pretty..

but, oh boy… 

I’m listening to it right now and crying… :trisha: it is filled with so much emotion. 
Don’t tell me to be glad when I’m sad… damn she gets me… she gets mee… she is really a mother yall :cryney2:

she makes us cry the whole album and last 2 tracks are lullabies:worship:

1 hour ago, Whoopiedoo said:

btw I haven’t posted here since maybe the release of Mariner’s Apartment Complex? Lol

i wanted to see what the consensus was on this album here. I was surprised to see not only so many positive reviews from the press, but also the fans! I remember being shocked once when I found out that Homeymoon was such a fan favorit, when at that time I ranked it pretty low with her discography.

My fav would be split between Ultraviolence and BTD, with Norman following behind it.

I just can’t seem to get into this album. I’ve given it 2 listens so far. Thunder being my only fav so far.

But…, it is….

welcome back! i’m surprised since UV and NFR are so high up on your list that you don’t like the album. what about the UV type songs? maybe it’s because you don’t like HM and songs like Arcadia are very HM? 

keep streaming and see if your opinion changes

:kiss3:

Just now, PeroxidePrincess said:

Yosemite would've made it big like Dealer if she hadn't been sitting on it for like 5 years :trisha:

i’m not sure you know, yosemite is very chilled and dealer is very angst which would very easily go viral especially in this age of tiktok.. yosemite is a great song but i don’t see it going viral like dealer could

:eek3:

1 minute ago, bewhitehotforever said:

i’m not sure you know, yosemite is very chilled and dealer is very angst which would very easily go viral especially in this age of tiktok.. yosemite is a great song but i don’t see it going viral like dealer could

:eek3:

You're probably right. TikTok is a foreign territory to me :tea:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

I wonder if Lana knows how much praise Dealer is getting on TikTok with it going viral…maybe she’ll notice & it will inspire an album of tracks with a similar vibe:oprah3:

Her Mike-Dean-produced synth screamer magnum opus coming:true:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I wonder if Lana knows how much praise Dealer is getting on TikTok with it going viral…maybe she’ll notice & it will inspire an album of tracks with a similar vibe:oprah3:

We can only wish... I mean, Queen of Disaster, Jealous Girl and Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight went super viral and she released more piano ballads :creep:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I'll have what you're having :smokes:

I hope you're right :flutter:

57 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Valley of the Dolls being considered at some point for this album is so interesting to me. I wonder if she saw that it leaked and looked into revisiting it 

this is what bamboozles me , bc she only put songs on the album that leaked fairly recently . Which makes me wonder if she would’ve even considered them for the album if they hadn’t leaked . 

RVhKIwP.gif

i think there's a double meaning in if you lie down with me, perhaps she also wants him to lie to her as they lie down together, this could be why she repeatadly sings "lie lie lie lie lie" after singing if you lie down lie next to me- as if she wants to feel closer to the man she loves even if that means lying to her, becsuse sometimes even a false form of intimacy can keep you feeling warm and safe and loved.. at least in the moment, and there is nothing more heartbreaking than loving someone who does not love you back

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

26 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

We can only wish... I mean, Queen of Disaster, Jealous Girl and Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight went super viral and she released more piano ballads :creep:

Lana going back into that soundscape would be a dream. :crying2:

Kinda Outta Luck

Caught You Boy

Us Against the World

Dangerous Girl

Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight

You Can Be the Boss

Every Man Has His Wish

Hollywood's Dead

TV in Black & White

Back to tha Basics

Never Let Me Go

Queen of Disaster

Take Me to Paris

Prom Song

Driving in Cars with Boys

What an album… :crai:

9 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i think there's a double meaning in if you lie down with me, perhaps she also wants him to lie to her as they lie down together, this could be why she repeatadly sings "lie lie lie lie lie" after singing if you lie down lie next to me- as if she wants to feel closer to the man she loves even if that means lying to her, becsuse sometimes even a false form of intimacy can keep you feeling warm and safe and loved.. at least in the moment, and there is nothing more heartbreaking than loving someone who does not love you back

I felt the same. Like if you’re gonna lie, at least lie down with me while you do it. Lie to me about loving me, etc. kind of tragic. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me