Jump to content
Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

626 members have voted

  1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

    • Text Book
      175
    • Blue Banisters
      192
    • Arcadia
      184
    • Interlude - The Trio
      103
    • Black Bathing Suit
      361
    • If You Lie Down With Me
      310
    • Beautiful
      149
    • Violets for Roses
      216
    • Dealer
      360
    • Thunder
      348
    • Wildflower Wildfire
      227
    • Nectar of the Gods
      192
    • Living Legend
      217
    • Cherry Blossom
      153
    • Sweet Carolina
      198


Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Valley of the Dolls being considered at some point for this album is so interesting to me. I wonder if she saw that it leaked and looked into revisiting it 


this is what bamboozles me , bc she only put songs on the album that leaked fairly recently . Which makes me wonder if she would’ve even considered them for the album if they hadn’t leaked . 


RVhKIwP.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think there's a double meaning in if you lie down with me, perhaps she also wants him to lie to her as they lie down together, this could be why she repeatadly sings "lie lie lie lie lie" after singing if you lie down lie next to me- as if she wants to feel closer to the man she loves even if that means lying to her, becsuse sometimes even a false form of intimacy can keep you feeling warm and safe and loved.. at least in the moment, and there is nothing more heartbreaking than loving someone who does not love you back


♥ ???????? ???????????? ?????? ?? ???? ♥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

We can only wish... I mean, Queen of Disaster, Jealous Girl and Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight went super viral and she released more piano ballads :creep:

Lana going back into that soundscape would be a dream. :crying2:

Kinda Outta Luck

Caught You Boy

Us Against the World

Dangerous Girl

Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight

You Can Be the Boss

Every Man Has His Wish

Hollywood's Dead

TV in Black & White

Back to tha Basics

Never Let Me Go

Queen of Disaster

Take Me to Paris

Prom Song

Driving in Cars with Boys

 

What an album… :crai:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i think there's a double meaning in if you lie down with me, perhaps she also wants him to lie to her as they lie down together, this could be why she repeatadly sings "lie lie lie lie lie" after singing if you lie down lie next to me- as if she wants to feel closer to the man she loves even if that means lying to her, becsuse sometimes even a false form of intimacy can keep you feeling warm and safe and loved.. at least in the moment, and there is nothing more heartbreaking than loving someone who does not love you back

I felt the same. Like if you’re gonna lie, at least lie down with me while you do it. Lie to me about loving me, etc. kind of tragic. 


tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Lana going back into that soundscape would be a dream. :crying2:

Kinda Outta Luck

Caught You Boy

Us Against the World

Dangerous Girl

Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight

You Can Be the Boss

Every Man Has His Wish

Hollywood's Dead

TV in Black & White

Back to tha Basics

Never Let Me Go

Queen of Disaster

Take Me to Paris

Prom Song

Driving in Cars with Boys

 

What an album… :crai:

 

 

 

And I mean... She doesn't even need to go full pop if she doesn't want to! If she loves the sound of her dearest piano, she can still rework them into ballads (ala Thunder / The Greatest) :creep: or something more upbeat like Fuck It, I Love You... 


My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could finally listen to the album today and I didn't like it at all. I'm usually not the type of person who dislikes songs just because they're not "upbeat" or whatever and call them boring but in this case they are. Honeymoon as an album was slow but well thought out, Blue Banisters just feels lazy. Of course I will keep on listening to it, and hope it grows on me and regret this comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am honestly floored by this album, I loved NFR and Chemtrails, however found myself returning to Chemtrails a lot more as an album. But this project coming just months later and being even better makes me so excited for whatever is next from her! 

5 minutes ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:


I still don’t understand why they released the album digitally first. Her team had to have known she would debut low with only streaming counting

 

Is this a thing? Here in the UK, digital, CDs, cassettes and the black vinyl were available on release day... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Slumdog said:

I could finally listen to the album today and I didn't like it at all. I'm usually not the type of person who dislikes songs just because they're not "upbeat" or whatever and call them boring but in this case they are. Honeymoon as an album was slow but well thought out, Blue Banisters just feels lazy. Of course I will keep on listening to it, and hope it grows on me and regret this comment.

ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChaoticLipster said:

Is it me or does Chuck look like she’s trying to hold in her baby for the entire BB music video? She looks uncomfortable as fuck..  E65EDACC-5292-4365-B507-E795BDCCB46E.jpeFDB68082-8C09-4857-83B2-D0AD68C2F3D1.jpe

 

I dont get why in the world they thought that cut had to make it to the video. She looks like a bad CGI version of her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny how I was so critical of the inclusion of Nectar of The Gods a few days ago but having listened to the project from start to finish as the sun was setting and the skies were getting darker and darker with each song, that track just fully flourished to me. The humming, the vocal inflection when she sings “like the color blue” and the devastating final lines… I am absolutely floored.

 

This bitch really doesn’t want me to dislike any song on this goddamn record :cryney2:

 


LOVE-STREAMS.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sjatib said:

 

I dont get why in the world they thought that cut had to make it to the video. She looks like a bad CGI version of her.

She legit looks like she’s about to hurl…who edited this video? Nobody? More like Lana botched it


Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Is it me or does Chuck look like she’s trying to hold in her baby for the entire BB music video? She looks uncomfortable as fuck..  E65EDACC-5292-4365-B507-E795BDCCB46E.jpeFDB68082-8C09-4857-83B2-D0AD68C2F3D1.jpe

WHY WOULD YOU POST THIS? LMFAO BITCH WE-:awk::judgingu4:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Is it me or does Chuck look like she’s trying to hold in her baby for the entire BB music video? She looks uncomfortable as fuck..  E65EDACC-5292-4365-B507-E795BDCCB46E.jpeFDB68082-8C09-4857-83B2-D0AD68C2F3D1.jpe

PLS :crying2:

I feel bad for laughing :rollin:


eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...