Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

650 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

1 minute ago, Thunder said:

Random, unhinged, long musings about Cherry Blossom that I may or may not delete...

Hide contents

Musing about Cherry Blossom for a bit..I think this is a really special song for many reasons, but now that I've been thinking about its presence on the album, it seems that it possesses a two-fold perspective, and has been opened to deeper meanings over the years since we first heard it. 

When she posted that instagram video singing it, it was easily dismissed as merely a lullaby that she came up with. However, being part of her 2021 album was a careful and precise decision. Not a thoughtless one.

In many ways, she seems to be opening her arms in an embrace to her past self, providing that sense of maternal protection and love that she may not have gotten, given that her "father never stepped in when his wife would rage at me." If we are to take what Lana has told us about this aspect of her life at face value, without questioning its authenticity, being met with a cold or detached mother can be troubling for it can often be the stem for later struggles of narcissism.

I do not say this in a malicious or "armchair psychologist" way, but as more of a reflection towards this track, and album in general. It provides more symbolic legitimacy to the Black Bathing Suit functioning as a sort of psychological self-protection from the intrusive, invasive and abusive nature of fame.  When she sings, "what you don't tell no one, you can tell me," she is both speaking towards her past self and her present self, aiming towards maybe not a breakage, but certainly a healing of her karmic lineage, and breaking the cycle of past traumas, for the possible chance at motherhood in the future.

Holy shit. This. 

5 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Random, unhinged, long musings about Cherry Blossom that I may or may not delete...

Hide contents

Musing about Cherry Blossom for a bit..I think this is a really special song for many reasons, but now that I've been thinking about its presence on the album, it seems that it possesses a two-fold perspective, and has been opened to deeper meanings over the years since we first heard it. 

When she posted that instagram video singing it, it was easily dismissed as merely a lullaby that she came up with. However, being part of her 2021 album was a careful and precise decision. Not a thoughtless one.

In many ways, she seems to be opening her arms in an embrace to her past self, providing that sense of maternal protection and love that she may not have gotten, given that her "father never stepped in when his wife would rage at me." If we are to take what Lana has told us about this aspect of her life at face value, without questioning its authenticity, being met with a cold or detached mother can be troubling for it can often be the stem for later struggles of narcissism.

I do not say this in a malicious or "armchair psychologist" way, but as more of a reflection towards this track, and album in general. It provides more symbolic legitimacy to the Black Bathing Suit functioning as a sort of psychological self-protection from the intrusive, invasive and abusive nature of fame.  When she sings, "what you don't tell no one, you can tell me," she is both speaking towards her past self and her present self, aiming towards maybe not a breakage, but certainly a healing of her karmic lineage, and breaking the cycle of past traumas, for the possible chance at motherhood in the future.

YES exactly. it just gets like better n more meaningful

1wT9S58.gif gJ98bsd.gif RAixAXz.gif

2 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

Ok but where can I get the strings version in lossless 

I only listen to the Piano version...

The strings dont add much I feel.

🙀🙀 the waterfall tinkling piano!!

Ksksksks. Her vocals !!!

Just now, Veinsineon said:

Nikki hasn’t even posted anything about the album FAKE

Also Jack ...sus..

...also didnt Taylor promote Halsey? Lorde? OLIVIA? CONAN GRAY

She mentioned Lana is her Insp and all that shit. No mention about BB.

2 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

Also Jack ...sus..

...also didnt Taylor promote Halsey? Lorde? OLIVIA? CONAN GRAY

She mentioned Lana is her Insp and all that shit. No mention about BB.

Lbr, Taylor only promoted Halsey because Kanye surprise released.

zXzLCRU.png

neckmeat-francine.gif

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH WAH WAH WAH WAHHHH WAAAHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAHH WAAAH WAHH WAAAHH WAAAAAAHHH WAHHHH WAHH WAHHHHH
WAAAAAAAAHHHHH AUUUU AAHHHHHHHHHHH WAAAAAAAAAHHHH WAAAAHHH WAHH WAAAAHHHHHH 

neckmeat-francine.gif

1wT9S58.gif gJ98bsd.gif RAixAXz.gif