Elle

Dealer (feat. Miles Kane)

On 10/22/2021 at 12:45 PM, cherryblossoms said:

I thought of that one registered track Talking Like An Answering Machine when she started singing ‘all circuits are busy’

A stretch but wonder if there’s any connection between the two (reused lyrics or melody)

If Grenadine Quarantine can become Black Bathing Suit I’m sure the same could be said for this one

I can't believe I used to dislike Dealer when it first leaked. This song is so good :worship:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

You're perfect 💯, you're beautiful 👰, you look 👀 like Linda Evangelista 💃.. You're a model 💋 💅. Everything 🔁 about you ☞ is perfect 💯! Did you stone 💎 those tights 👢 ? Oh, you're smiling 👱 ! They eat 🍽 her up 🔝 EVERY🕛SINGLE🕧TIME🕗 she's on that damned 👹 stage 🏁.She 😡ftsdbsds😣. She could walk 👣 out there in a fucking 😠 diaper 👶 and they'll 👥 be like 🗣: "Dealer! 👰 Your smile 👄 is beautiful! 😍".

All funs aside, I love that the locals are eating her up. Getting Young and Beautiful out of the top one spot on Spotify? Some of the other girls could never

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Miles spoke a bit about Dealer in an interview with 1883 Magazine

It’s worth acknowledging that Lana Del Rey dropped her new album not too long ago and it featured yourself on “Dealer”. Lana previously mentioned a while back that she had started a fun little band with yourself and some other members of TLSP. Was “Dealer” originally taken from this project and could we ever see this supergroup become a public thing? 

Yeah, we wrote that song “Dealer” and there were lots of other songs written at that time, and we were going do this little project together and we went into demo the songs that we’d been writing together in my apartment over there. On the last day, I think Zach [Zach Dawes from TLSP] was just playing those chords on the organ and then me and Lana started singing the lyrics. The song was quite close to home at the time as I was going through a bit of a rough one. And we just sort of wrote the tune and we wrote that hook, it’s a weird song as I’m doing the verse, Lana then started screaming at the top of her lungs on her parts.

It sort of reminds me of Harry Nilsson’s “Without You” just because it goes to such a high  vocal note and Lana has a similar sort of vibe in a way. But it’s one of those songs that has always been knocking about, I think we were going to do it and then it didn’t happen, I thought about sticking it on one of my albums but then it sort of wasn’t quite fitting in. And then Lana was like ‘I want to put that tune out because it’s amazing’. I had forgotten about the song and got a call from Lana and she wanted to put that tune out  and I thought it was amazing.

I thought Lana would have done more to it but she kept it raw which I was so pleased with. It’s just the original way it was when we we wrote it in about an hour. That’s not even an exaggeration, and the song captured this beautiful thing that I always thought It did have. And then time goes by and you sort of question yourself with your choices but I think with the response that “Dealer” has had, I think it’s one of her most played some off her new record and I’m glad because you then realise you were right to make those calls all along, it’s a great tune.

I find it so fascinating that many musicians and bands, including yourself, have probably worked on so many demos, so many ideas, but then obviously they don’t always see the light of day, and that is understandable because you only put out your best work that you’re most proud of and happy with. But it must be so interesting sitting on so many different things for numerous years and then years later, you finally put it out one way or another.

Yeah, I’m really happy with it. I’m glad that it’s out. I think the song fucking rips you from your soul. Lyrically, It’s so quite dark but it’s also so relatable, so that’s why it’s cottoned on to people, you know, it’s beautiful really.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

38 minutes ago, PARADISEMOTEL said:

Fr not to be controversial but dealer is probably one of my least favorites from BB…this is just me but I don’t get the hype :D

now that's what i call an unpopular opinion 

9 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

Miles Kane ruins Dealer for me...just can't stand his voice. Now if it was 4 and a half minutes of Lana building to that grand climax it would've been a masterpiece

I think you have not understood what is special about this song. nono.gif It is precisely about the contrast of the two voices.

5 hours ago, pinkfuneral said:

Miles Kane ruins Dealer for me...just can't stand his voice. Now if it was 4 and a half minutes of Lana building to that grand climax it would've been a masterpiece

agree. This is why it’s a skip for me. His voice is hella unpleasant. Her vocals are amazing but I just can’t…also there’s so little happening in the song… it’s her vocals and some drums :um3:

21 minutes ago, PARADISEMOTEL said:

agree. This is why it’s a skip for me. His voice is hella unpleasant. Her vocals are amazing but I just can’t…also there’s so little happening in the song… it’s her vocals and some drums :um3:

100% agree. It feels barebones production-wise even by BB standards. Always has oddly fallen flat for me despite Lana's incredible vocal performance