If you get the blues

Baby blues

You've got us, we've got you

So there's nothing to lose, and we love you

So don't write me a letter

I'll always be right here

Closer to you than your next breath, my dear

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I just shared this in the Blue Banisters Post-Release Thread, but I wanted to post it here too because I'm completely destroyed after this song.

--

This is probably a bit personal for me to share, but I spoke about it a little bit ago last month when I shared a GoFundMe link for something regarding this.

At the beginning of this year in January, one of my best friends announced an unexpected pregnancy with her fiancé. Our friends & I were surprised, but told her we were there to support her through every step.

As a bridesmaid, I watched her walk beautifully down the aisle to marry her husband in June, knowing their baby would be shortly on the way. Was fighting back tears then too. (& didn't do a very good job at it based on the pictures.)

I then got to attend her baby shower in August, reveling in her excitement and nervousness. I even helped her set up the crib afterwards.  She was so scared, not feeling completely prepared, but she was so excited for her new child.

She gave birth to her lovely baby boy on August 28th after a 48-hour labour. She was so happy and we were all happy for her, and it was the beginning of a new hour.

I don't even know how to write this next part, again as I'm still crying here, but her son unfortunately passed away just 9 days later in her arms suddenly from SIDS. She had texted me in the middle of the night about it as her son was airlifted to the hospital.. not really having much hope from the doctors.. until he was eventually declared braindead.

It was like the world had completely shattered in front of all of our eyes.

Some friends flew in for the funeral, and seeing her once more walk down an isle.. this time completely heartbroken and empty inside.. I don't think anything has ever broken my heart more.

The first time I saw her since the funeral was two weeks ago when her, her sister, and I went up to the mountains for a little birthday celebration for me. She was laughing and having fun, showing a little of that old side of her joyous self that had been completely wiped away after the tragedy she faced. 

I love her so much, and this song makes me think of her.

We love every hair on your head

Love you like God loves you

& you say that you're scared

Might be unprepared for havin' the baby blues

Baby blues

Baby blues

If things ever go wrong

Just know this is your song and we love you

:xcry:

I love you, M x

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Okay I know this post is following a super heavy post, but here's a little insight on who Kevin may be. One of her closest friend Jessica's boyfriend is named Kevin! However, they haven't been pictured together for quite awhile, so I'm thinking they may have broken up.. which may even explain more about the "Fuck you, Kevin" line :giggle: 

Here's a picture of them all during Lana's birthday celebration in 2019! Kevin on the far left & Jess in the yellow - 

A post shared by @itskevinfool

On 10/22/2021 at 1:12 AM, Elle said:

I just shared this in the Blue Banisters Post-Release Thread, but I wanted to post it here too because I'm completely destroyed after this song.

--

This is probably a bit personal for me to share, but I spoke about it a little bit ago last month when I shared a GoFundMe link for something regarding this.

At the beginning of this year in January, one of my best friends announced an unexpected pregnancy with her fiancé. Our friends & I were surprised, but told her we were there to support her through every step.

As a bridesmaid, I watched her walk beautifully down the aisle to marry her husband in June, knowing their baby would be shortly on the way. Was fighting back tears then too. (& didn't do a very good job at it based on the pictures.)

I then got to attend her baby shower in August, reveling in her excitement and nervousness. I even helped her set up the crib afterwards.  She was so scared, not feeling completely prepared, but she was so excited for her new child.

She gave birth to her lovely baby boy on August 28th after a 48-hour labour. She was so happy and we were all happy for her, and it was the beginning of a new hour.

I don't even know how to write this next part, again as I'm still crying here, but her son unfortunately passed away just 9 days later in her arms suddenly from SIDS. She had texted me in the middle of the night about it as her son was airlifted to the hospital.. not really having much hope from the doctors.. until he was eventually declared braindead.

Some friends flew in for the funeral, and seeing her once more walk down an isle.. this time completely heartbroken and empty inside.. I don't think anything has ever broken my heart more.

The first time I saw her since the funeral was two weeks ago when her, her sister, and I went up to the mountains for a little birthday celebration for me. She was laughing and having fun, showing a little of that old side of her joyous self that had been completely wiped away after the tragedy she faced. 

Baby blues

Baby blues

If things ever go wrong

I love you, M x

so sorry i cant even imagine something like this! 

i relate this song to grief too though <3 im glad we have it 

Here's some of the viral TikToks featuring Sweet Carolina! There have been 6550+ TikToks created with the song so far. Note that Addison Rae was also a large reason for Brooklyn Baby's virality, as it now consistently rests in Lana's top 5 popular songs on Spotify after her TikTok featuring it.

3M views

@addisonre

♬ Sweet Carolina - Lana Del Rey

1.2M views

@_.augustine

#ThanksandGiving #xyzbca #MakeABunchHappen #fyp #HangUpOnIt #fairycore #coquette #lanadelrey #taylorswift #mitski #indie

2M Views

@sotce

On 10/22/2021 at 7:12 AM, Elle said:

--

Baby blues

Baby blues

If things ever go wrong

I love you, M x

So sorry Elle… this is so heartbreaking, but im sure he is watching over her and you for making her happy, rest easy🤍

original.gif

So Addison Rae is a Lana stan? She's doing more promotion for Blue Banisters than Lana herself.

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

13 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

this is so damn random and not even funny as a challenge omg slay sweet carolina I guess :deadbanana:

In a way, it's perfectly Lana. You think you're an influencer jumping on a trend and making a cute video with a naughty word in it, but really you're spreading this sad song about family saving you from depression. It must feel intensely strange for Lana to see this stuff, but that's what happens when the most important music app is run for and by children.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

i’m not mad about it going viral to be honest. seeing blue banisters get support and lana get support is awesome, especially after the trenches we were in post QFTC :facepalm:  i love gate  keeping lana but at the same time feel so proud when lots of people start to appreciate her work! hoping this gets blue banisters the attention it deserves outside the fandom :kiss: NECTAR OF THE GODS VIRAL TIK TOK TREND WHEN? 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

1 minute ago, Cherry Blossom said:

i’m not mad about it going viral to be honest. seeing blue banisters get support and lana get support is awesome, especially after the trenches we were in post QFTC :facepalm:  i love gate  keeping lana but at the same time feel so proud when lots of people start to appreciate her work! hoping this gets blue banisters the attention it deserves outside the fandom :kiss: NECTAR OF THE GODS VIRAL TIK TOK TREND WHEN? 

it's not gatekeeping lana I'm just trying to find a reason why sweet carolina from all of the other tracks because like I said not even funny as a challenge

dealer going viral as a trend made perfect sense

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

27 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

it's not gatekeeping lana I'm just trying to find a reason why sweet carolina from all of the other tracks because like I said not even funny as a challenge

dealer going viral as a trend made perfect sense

i wasn’t referring to your post i have only just seen it

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

1 minute ago, Cherry Blossom said:

i wasn’t referring to your post i have only just seen it

okay :deadbanana: lmfao ignore it 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

On 10/22/2021 at 7:12 AM, Elle said:

--

Baby blues

Baby blues

If things ever go wrong

I love you, M 

Hoping your friend and you are in a brighter place now. 

I always thought that part was funny. I dedicated it to this guy named Kevin I once had a beef with and that now we're sorta friends again. I just think that it's funny that somehow in the ether Lana and I were in the same wavelength that we put that energy out there. Because yes, as random as it is, sometimes you just want to say to this person in your life

Fuck :thankyou: you :lanahairflip: Kevin :yesnod::peace:

So I see why people on TikTok would like it too

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

but who is kevin?

should we fuck him?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing